Not Addressing #3 Wr... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Addressing #3 Wr...

Maybe Memories

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
well some of u guys say that we dont need one... that there are other guys can fill in good but i still think that th wrs were too good to pass up on so many of em.... i guess im tired of being a mediocre offense and i just want to milk it as much as we can... yes i kno we ol but im sure we could of grabbed one wr in this draft!

We were looking at some WR's in round one but we needed Carey more and later on the WR's that were there probably were no better than what we have now from 3 to 6. In the end, we can't draft everyone.

Ozzy rules!!

please please !

They still a chances that the Fins can pick up a WR on JUNE 1.
JImmy Smith and rod gardner is just some of the player that may be cuts
so there still hope

The Pats fans over at KFFL insist that Troy Brown is getting released on June 1st. I'd have to look at this as a strong possibility.

NE's receivers other than Brown(off the top of my head):
-Deion Branch
-David Givens
-Bethel Johnson
-David Patten
-P.K. Sam
-J.J. Stokes

I don't care how much you guys like or dislike Brown from the past years, but this guy is a VERY SOLID slot receiver. He'd make a great slot guy between Chambers & Boston.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Terrence Wilkins or Snoop Minnis will do fine as #3 WR's.

If Snoop can stay healthy, he'd be a fine #3 WR. Add J.R. Tolver to that list, because I think he can get it done underneath.

I like Tolver and he should get a long look this year.

Ozzy rules!!

From what I read, The Dolphins were targeting 4 players with our pick at #20: Lee Evans, Michael Clayton, Shawn Andrews, and Vernon Carey. So, it's not like the F.O. felt were are fine at WR--they clearly understood our need to upgrade there. However, since so many WRs flew off the board so quickly, perhaps no WR was the BPA when we were drafting. Also, once we got into the later rounds, perhaps the WRs available offered no more promise than we already have in Thompson, Simmons, Tolver, Minnis, et. al.

I doubt we'll be lucky enough to get a solid WR to come in after June 1, but perhaps we will. I think next year's draft we'll target WR, DT, and perhaps LB.

I think Snoop if healthy can offer a good slot option. T. Wilkins, S. Simmons, Tolver also have enough potential. D. Thompson was crappy though. I think I'd rather have Mcknight back at the vet. min. than him.

kendall newson showed some good stuff last year, tolver is a year older and simmons can be good if he stays healthy

Jerry Sullivan will make Snoop, Derrius, JR, and/or Sam into much better players. He will improve all of them immensely. Besides, we are a running team. How many receivers can we expect to catch a lot of passes? We have D-Bos, CC, McMike, and Willams and Konrad coming out of the backfield. Sheesh.

Snoop Minnis
Terrance Wilkins
Derrius Thompson
J.R. Tolver
Kendall Newson
Sam Simmons

One of these guys will step up in training camp and be our #3. We are set at WR. All of these guys are good enough to play in the NFL. It's too bad that 2 or 3 of them will not make the team.

DannyNoonan said:
From what I read, The Dolphins were targeting 4 players with our pick at #20: Lee Evans, Michael Clayton, Shawn Andrews, and Vernon Carey. So, it's not like the F.O. felt were are fine at WR--they clearly understood our need to upgrade there.

I think they would've stayed put at #87 if Derrick Hamilton or Bernard Berrian fell in their hands.

Back
Top Bottom