Not The Villians | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not The Villians

TDIS1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have to first say that as a dolphin fan I am extremely appreciative of the years of service Jason Taylor gave this team. If that has come to an
end so be it everything eventually does. That bieng said I am sooooooooo
proud of the Miami Dolphins orginazations handling of this JT situation.
I had suspected all along that the first time Jason (no I'm sorry, Jason's
agent) approached the Dolphins about leaving the team was back when
Bill Parcels made his comment about that Jason would either have to retire or play for the Dolphins. And Bill kept his word on not addressing
JT since then. So the Dolphins ask more than he is really worth and would
have moved him on draft day but there were no takers at the asking price and we wouldn't budge. Why should we? And now the Dolphins have went
one better by putting the ball back in JT's court. Now that the world knows JT isn't going to show up for any Dolphin functions the media blitz
on him is going to be relentless until this is resolved. The Dolphins won't
bring it up again unless they have to. I look at all this one way. JT signed
a contract to play for the Dolphins in 2008. I know a lot of teams move
players at this point in their contract but there is NOTHING wrong with
the Dolphins expecting JT to honor the contract he signed. I personally
think the man would be a fool to pass up the 8 milliion or so he will get
paid to play this year. And as far a him becoming a hollywood star, the
first thing his PR guy would tell him is this whole Dolphin pissing match is
not good for you image. I think JT should step up to plate and be a man.:up:

If JT were forced to play for the Fins this year do you honestly think he's going to put forth alot of effort? He's already said he won't attend any camps, so not knowing the new system come game 1 of the season will only be detrimental to the team. I'd much rather have him traded for any value we can get and let the new young guys (the ones that actually WANT to play football for the Fins and have that fire in their eyes) don the aqua and orange

Clearly JT wants out. This really has nothing to do with Parcells other than the fact that he dug his feet in from the beginning. BP didnt ask JT to go dancing. He did that on his own. After taking the high road, now he wants out. Isnt that convenient. And then there are some who blame Parcells?

I dont get it.

I am on Parcells and co. side on this. JT is a hypocrite. And we should not trade him for anything other than a first rounder.

Let JT sit on his *** cus he will end up somewhere else. Its all but written in stone. This is why I like BP. We know damn well that 34 years old DOES NOT translate to old when you still are putting up double digit sacks. That is complete media crap. Are they saying Strahan is old? NO, of course not, it doesnt fit the template.

If JT were forced to play for the Fins this year do you honestly think he's going to put forth alot of effort? He's already said he won't attend any camps, so not knowing the new system come game 1 of the season will only be detrimental to the team. I'd much rather have him traded for any value we can get and let the new young guys (the ones that actually WANT to play football for the Fins and have that fire in their eyes) don the aqua and orange

well, lets put it this way. If all of a sudden we have a formidable defense and an offense that can put up 20+ points, then attitudes change. The attitude here has already changed and we now have a young team. No longer can we be said to be old.

If JT ends up playing, he will play hard. Thats just how he plays, plus it would hurt his legacy and publicity if he had a bad year, so even if he isn't happy he would give his all on the field.

And as far a him becoming a hollywood star, the
first thing his PR guy would tell him is this whole Dolphin pissing match is
not good for you image. I think JT should step up to plate and be a man.:up:

I agree with your post, but just wanted to say, the PR comment is not true. It is more any PR is good PR in hollywood. Ask Mike Tyson or Pam Anderson.

Back
Top Bottom