Now here's an idea... RT restructure | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now here's an idea... RT restructure

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we do indeed love Landry and value what he brings to our team...why doesn't our franchise QB do the right thing and restructure his contract to be team friendly?

After all...its him throwing the ball to him. Doesn't he care that we might be dealing away his best weapon? Marino would never stand for it...

Isn't it the least he can do? He didn't even play last season because of HIS MISTAKE...he set our team back huge. The injury the year before wasn't his fault...but we didn't have our starting QB in round 1 of the playoffs. And because of his decision we lost our starting QB all of last season - and worse - we paid 10 mil for Cutler.

Isn't it his duty to the team then? He was paid what...15-20 mil last season for sitting on the friggin sideline? Give up some of your $ to ensure your top WR stays on this team.

Well it has turned out that way yes...but you have to look at what the contract was at the time of signing. It was a massive contract at the time, right? Wasn't he in the company of the Top 5 just about? I don't see it as any different.

Well it has turned out that way yes...but you have to look at what the contract was at the time of signing. It was a massive contract at the time, right? Wasn't he in the company of the Top 5 just about? I don't see it as any different.
Tannehill's contact was top 5 when he signed? I don't think that was the case. His contact has been considered team friendly since he signed it.

Last edited:

Nope, he's never even been in the top 10 in pay for QB.

If we do indeed love Landry and value what he brings to our team...why doesn't our franchise QB do the right thing and restructure his contract to be team friendly?

After all...its him throwing the ball to him. Doesn't he care that we might be dealing away his best weapon? Marino would never stand for it...

Isn't it the least he can do? He didn't even play last season because of HIS MISTAKE...he set our team back huge. The injury the year before wasn't his fault...but we didn't have our starting QB in round 1 of the playoffs. And because of his decision we lost our starting QB all of last season - and worse - we paid 10 mil for Cutler.

Isn't it his duty to the team then? He was paid what...15-20 mil last season for sitting on the friggin sideline? Give up some of your $ to ensure your top WR stays on this team.

What's magic about Tannehill? Why not Suh, Jones, KA, Wake, and others?

A restructure/extension generally means more guaranteed money which is exactly what would be the definition of "not team friendly".

You lost me when you called it "HIS mistake."

Maybe they are talking to him, but seeing what other guys are making and having just experienced clear evidence of his own football mortality , i wouldnt be in a hurry to restructure unless its front loaded.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom