Now my 2 cents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now my 2 cents

mutiny85

Cheese Product
Reaction score
First, I just like to say I am a huge fin fan and watch every game. I'm concerned about what could happen in the off-season concerning quarterbacks. A few of the options follow.

Drew Henson: Houston asking too much (not to mention him). There are teams out there that will pay him more than we will (Oakland). Some TV analysts question his football skills -- only starting 8 games at Michigan, his overall character and leadership, etc. NONONONO

Mark Brunell: Doesn't want to play for a team that drafts a quarterback. He's old, short, injury prone, and he wont make an immediate impact transitioning to a new team. NONONONNO

Phillip Rivers: He might be picked before us in the draft. Word is he's drawing a lot of interest from other teams in need. This might leave us with J.P Losman or a WR.

Personally, I am glad Dan Marino isn't our Vice President. Rick Spielman is more qualified to handle the job. Marino is better suited for a commentator's position earning a JILLION dollars.

Keep Wally -- he's a huge part of our defense when Jason Taylor is being double-teamed.

Keep Fiedler -- he's good for two games.

Sign Ricky from Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with signing Ricky Ray as backup but that would virtually eliminate Rosenfels from the QB picture. This is null in void if the dolphins don't draft a QB. But Ray wants to go to a team that can promise him a starting/backup position so who knows? I also believe the phins will draft Rivers b/c he will be there.

I would personally be very upset if we signed Ricky Ray to replace Sage Rosenfels. Sage hasn't been given a chance yet and the front office knows that. I like Ricky Ray, personally I think we should sign both him and Sage, AND draft a rookie. That way we can trade away whoever wins the start between Sage and Ray, as long as they perform pretty well on the field.

There's never any shortage of teams that will pay a draft pick for a QB who starts and performs well. How do you think all the talk about trading for AJ Feeley or Koy Detmer got started.

What makes you think sage is any good. In college he was an option QB and not the best one at that. Look how most of the other option QB have played out. Why do you think he could make a difference on this team as a backup or a starter. Not doubting him just wondering what makes you confident in him.

Back
Top Bottom