Observations I Made At Ralph Wilson Stadium Last Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Observations I Made At Ralph Wilson Stadium Last Night

WesternNYDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
After going to the game last night, here's what I saw:

Sherman Needs To Get an Imagination

I think we can all talk about how the lack of talent at receiver is hurting the passing game, and the fact basically the whole offensive line are big "power run" blockers, not quite fit for a zone scheme...but you can cover wholes like this with some creative play calling. I swear, we hardly vary our play selection, everyone in the stadium knows we're running the ball on first down, and unfortunately, our run game is not strong enough or varied enough to be successful in that situation, this leaves Tannehill in harder to manage situations. Anytime we did switch up the call we had success, play action on first down is our strongest weapon, it's the way we can artificially create separation for big plays.

Speaking of Receiver

There was Rishard Matthews, finally. You know what, he's going to be very good. From what I saw in the stadium he seems like our most dynamic receiver. However, I'm not going to whine and ask where he's been because in the 4th quarter when we were trying to hurry up and come back, he lined up on the wrong side of the formation, and almost cost us a delay of game penalty cause he had to fix it. Obviously, this offense takes some receivers a while to learn...even season vets (see Gaffney, Jabar). But that was one of the more hopeful nuggets I took from last night.

Don't Blame the Defense

With the lack of offense we had last night, it's a tribute to our defense that this team was still able to have a chance to win in the fourth quarter. I thought they did a really good job, and probably would've held Buffalo to fewer points if it wasn't for my next observation...

What Is Going On With These Refs?!

My god, I don't know what we've done but we have really been on the wrong side of the officials for weeks now. Buffalo was given some gift first downs to help their team along into field goal position.

Now That's How You Fill a Stadium

Buffalo, who hasn't been to the playoffs for well over a decade and is currently 3-6 with a team full of overpaid over the hill vets, was absolutely ROCKING last night. The 100 and 300 levels were ridiculous, the traffic was crazy the noise was deafening. Take note South Florida, we were 4-4 in playoff contention and couldn't fill the stadium. For all of those who always say "Win and they will come," bull****...and that crowd definitely had an effect on the game. Just wish for once Miami could support our team. So you know there were plenty of Fins Fans in the stadium, and being a Fins fan on a night game was borderline dangerous. One fins fan was pushed inside a concession stand just for being a Miami fan. I brought my Girlfriend to the game her first NFL game, and bought her a Dolphins winter cap (brainwashing starts now) and she was almost brought to tears by some of the things people were saying...granted she's a little over emotional, but that's a diff. story diff. thread. Point is they were the 12th man and gave the Bills the edge they needed.

This is wear we are. I still think Tannehill's the future. We have some holes to fill in the offseason, but we need to finish strong.

People living in a city with nothing else to do, and don't have a bunch of transplants living there filled a stadium? Shocker.

People living in a city with nothing else to do, and don't have a bunch of transplants living there filled a stadium? Shocker.
This has nothing to do with it. They also have two other teams there with greater media coverage with better records in the same state that they could root for.
The lack of support at the stadium is pathetic. Teams chringe when they learn they have to go to Seattle in the playoffs...or to Lambeu in the playoffs....no team would ever say that about going to south florida. actually the opposite, they prefer to play down there. nice stadium, no 12th man, good weather, great location.
Imagine Atlanta in the playoffs playing at home and what you might experience.

This has nothing to do with it. They also have two other teams there with greater media coverage with better records in the same state that they could root for.
The lack of support at the stadium is pathetic. Teams chringe when they learn they have to go to Seattle in the playoffs...or to Lambeu in the playoffs....no team would ever say that about going to south florida. actually the opposite, they prefer to play down there. nice stadium, no 12th man, good weather, great location.
Imagine Atlanta in the playoffs playing at home and what you might experience.

The entire state is made up of transplants that root for their own team. To bitch and moan about attendance when the team has been absolute **** for years, is pointless.

Sherman Needs To Get an Imagination
- Tell me about it. What the hell is this running into a black wall with Daniel Thomas over and over? What is this not even looking downfield because we can't get an separation on the outside. The Bills had a better gameplan and they just basically screened the hell out of us. We haven't put in an offense that has exposed the defense yet.

Speaking of Receiver
- Something needs to change. I like Hartline. I like Bess. I really like both players and they are some of the hardest working people on the team. If effort won games, our WR core would be one of the best in the NFL. Unfortunatly they don't have the size or speed to get the needed separation to allow our quarterback to feel comfortable enough to go downhill. When we get a gifted WR, we get rid of them. Because they don't work as hard. We mistake effort for talent.

The Raptors and Blue Jays?

The population in the south florida area dwarfs this area...and believe it or not there is actually tons of **** to do up here. Going to a Bills game is a pain in the ass logistically, it's 30 minutes south of Buffalo and the traffic heading in is a little ridiculous. Make all the excuses you want, the fact is it just goes against the argument I always hear about "if they started winning it'd be different", it just struck me, because our bad home record and terrible home crowd correlate.

In fact I was watching the 10 best all time home field advantages, the Orange Bowl was number 8. Just a far cry from the pathetic crowds we have now.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

The Raptors and Blue Jays?
They have the Sabres, which is also huge in Buffalo.

I was pumped when Mattyews finally got into the game and one of the dirst plays he broke free and drew that flag. Also Thigpen was returning the ball very well but Bess was eventually put back on returns. Which i do not get at all. I have to agree 100 hundred percent. I have been to the past ten Dolphins vs. Bills games at the Ralph and they are always sold out and rocking. For a crap team they have dedicated fans. Last night the stadium was going CRAZY but also on that note the Bills fans again proved my point of how arrogant and rude they are. Three times someone got in my face for my Tannehill jersey and all three times they ran away after I said I was a cop. Cowards and rude.

How the hell do you know there's nothing else to do? Buffalo as a city doesn't have another pro team (not the Sabres) so why not go crazy for them even if they suck?

The OL is not nearly athletic enough to work in this ZBS. Being able to hook-block is hallmark of the OL needed for this scheme and Pouncey is able but the rest? Incognito or Jerry, please.

Cogs is over with and Jerry is a better fit at tackle at least in this system.

This is quite painful to watch.

Been to buffalo and it sucks. cold even in august. Also has a high suicide rate. its def a **** hole

the stadium was filled cause they live for beating the dolphins...jealous of miami..thats all..

What Is Going On With These Refs?!

More blaming of the refs.

When are you guys who start these observation threads going to start observing bad football being played by the Miami Dolphins and begin blaming them?

I do agree that Buffalo knows how to pack out a stadium. Then again, it's Buffalo. You have the Bills and killing yourself as options.

Cogs killed us last night. On the TD drive he caused 4 negative plays alone, just him. He has to go. He is my number one player to replace other than the obvious receiver and corner positions.

Back
Top Bottom