OC Marcus Martin USC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OC Marcus Martin USC

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Great size at 6-3 3/8 320 lbs, powerful player who stays low with good center of gravity, aggressive. I can see this guy coming in to play OG and could provide great depth at Center behind Pouncey. Great drive blocker who can play well on the second level. One flaw that I saw a bit is that in space he can lunge and misfire on occasion, although he looks pretty quick for an OL. Good fit for us imo, we need that kind of power. Young and will probably get even bigger and stronger, born 11/29/93, only 20 years old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccwBR3YjkQ

He is a damn good center. I do not know if the Phins would even be looking at him. Maybe you could convert him to guard. I do not think that we would switch Pouncey out to OG because he is one of the better OC in the league, but he did play OG in college.

I mentioned this as a possibility yesterday. I would personally have him play Center and move Pouncey to guard. I really like him but I think #50 is too early for a center, even a potential top 10 one.

Haven't seen any SC games this year, but I'm certainly intrigued.

Has a decent level of fluidity to his movement, would be interested in knowing if he has a wrestling background as he does a great job with his leverage. Gets into position well and runs his feet through engagement - pivots very well in the block to turn defenders back inside on outside runs - quite good for such a young player.

Shows a decent anchor in pass pro but is a little of a waist bender and reaches sometimes and therefore gets himself out of a strong football position and prone to be beaten by swim moves. Seems a little on the weak side through engagement, but perhaps attributed to his age?

A lot to like, perhaps a 4th rounder, maybe 3rd. Versatility I would suspect by playing guard, which I would say could be his better position, but he would have to get stronger - maybe a red shirt year is required, which for me would then mean a 4th round pick. But... there's certainly an awful lot to like.

Haven't seen any SC games this year, but I'm certainly intrigued.

Has a decent level of fluidity to his movement, would be interested in knowing if he has a wrestling background as he does a great job with his leverage. Gets into position well and runs his feet through engagement - pivots very well in the block to turn defenders back inside on outside runs - quite good for such a young player.

Shows a decent anchor in pass pro but is a little of a waist bender and reaches sometimes and therefore gets himself out of a strong football position and prone to be beaten by swim moves. Seems a little on the weak side through engagement, but perhaps attributed to his age?

A lot to like, perhaps a 4th rounder, maybe 3rd. Versatility I would suspect by playing guard, which I would say could be his better position, but he would have to get stronger - maybe a red shirt year is required, which for me would then mean a 4th round pick. But... there's certainly an awful lot to like.
I think he will be gone before the 4th rd.

The key identifying trait that makes Marcus Martin who he is as a prospect is his hand use. Quick, effective and strong. He's also very athletic and has a good frame.

You'd wish he could move people a little better but...I think that may be just a position thing. There's only so much you're going to move big bodies when you have to snap the football before you can fire off the line. If he moved to guard you could find he's actually pretty powerful. Just a pet theory I have.

The key identifying trait that makes Marcus Martin who he is as a prospect is his hand use. Quick, effective and strong. He's also very athletic and has a good frame.

You'd wish he could move people a little better but...I think that may be just a position thing. There's only so much you're going to move big bodies when you have to snap the football before you can fire off the line. If he moved to guard you could find he's actually pretty powerful. Just a pet theory I have.

He made 10 starts at left guard as a true frosh. I'd like to see him keep his hands inside a little more in pass pro, but they are quick and strong.

Back
Top Bottom