OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami.

They traded a 5th round pick in the past draft and a 6th round pick in next year's draft. They also paid him $6 million last season and will have $2 million in dead money this season and $2 million in dead space next year.

Miami gets him for likely no guaranteed money and a salary for less than $1 million. Yet people praised the Patriots for the trade but question Miami now for signing him.

he Bengals turned that 166th pick this year into Cal wide receiver Marvin Jones, who is in the mix to win a starting spot opposite A.J. Green.

I keep thinking about how the Patriots paid money to get rid of him. Considering their investment, if he was any good at all he would have played for them.

I guess you do not have to be smart to play for the Dolphins. What gets me is that we read about C Gates having the same problems that C Johnson had, if we dumb down the offense for Johnson, do we also do it for Gates?

They traded a 5th round pick in the past draft and a 6th round pick in next year's draft. They also paid him $6 million last season and will have $2 million in dead money this season and $2 million in dead space next year.

Miami gets him for likely no guaranteed money and a salary for less than $1 million. Yet people praised the Patriots for the trade but question Miami now for signing him.

New England can do no wrong even when they draft horribly, make poor signings,.....why?
They luckily draft a franchise QB, let's hope and prey we've now done the same!

Well this will help the Hard Knocks ratings but I highly doubt it helps with establishing a #1 receiver.

i like the signing, if he has anything left in the tank then thats great if he dont you cut him, not like we traded mutiple picks for a fb that plays 2nd string qb

Chad Johnson has been done for YEARS.

Another laughable move for the Dolphins. But I guess it's low risk, not exactly investing much in the guy. I'm sure that 90% of the reason for this move is to bring the team some buzz by adding a name, typical Steve Ross stupidity. No Hard Knocks and they don't sign the guy.
Pennington was said to be "done" when the Jets cut him in 2008.

Just give him a chance, he just wasn't a good fit in New England, he should do better here. With that said, if it doesn't work out they can always just cut him.

Just give him a chance, he just wasn't a good fit in New England, he should do better here. With that said, if it doesn't work out they can always just cut him.

I said it's low risk, that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is they scrap Marshall, and then turn around and make this move which is so hypocritical. What's the difference between Marshall and Ocho Cinco personality wise? Ocho has "fun" on the field? Give me a break. He's the same guy that was constantly at odds with Marvin Lewis, constantly throwing tantrums when his team was losing and he wasn't getting the ball. He's a diva. You dropped one diva and brought in another. The difference is THIS guy can't play.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

And you're right, Pennington wasn't done in 2008.

He was done in 2009. When his shoulder gave out again after people stopped shutting down his 2 yard pass routes.

I said it's low risk, that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is they scrap Marshall, and then turn around and make this move which is so hypocritical. What's the difference between Marshall and Ocho Cinco personality wise? Ocho has "fun" on the field? Give me a break. He's the same guy that was constantly at odds with Marvin Lewis, constantly throwing tantrums when his team was losing and he wasn't getting the ball. He's a diva. You dropped one diva and brought in another. The difference is THIS guy can't play.
What is the difference between Marshall and Ochocinco? For starters Ochocinco hasn't been tried to be murdered on two different occasions because of his actions or get in off the field fights. He also doesn't mentally destroy his quarterback. There really is no comparison between Marshall and Ochocinco.

Worst case scenario: He provides competition for Dan Carpenter...LOL.

[video=youtube;LRdP6HdtTd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdP6HdtTd8[/video]

What is the difference between Marshall and Ochocinco? For starters Ochocinco hasn't been tried to be murdered on two different occasions because of his actions or get in off the field fights. He also doesn't mentally destroy his quarterback. There really is no comparison between Marshall and Ochocinco.

I said Marshall off the field has had problems which Johnson hasn't, but they're still basically the same personality. That selfish diva personality. Give the ball to me, and if I don't get it I sulk. If I'm not happy with how much of a pct. I am of the offense, how much attention I'm getting, I'm gonna whine and open my mouth. Throw people under the bus. Or come at the coaches. Philbin came in here with this no nonsense approach to that stuff, and here we are with the biggest attention whore in the NFL, except he's not even half as good as Marshall at this point.

Yayay! I was waiting for this. I expect him to contribute inmensely this year. The guy is back to his roots,he is definitely motivated and is at home sweet home. He can still be a 1000+ yrd producer if hes targeted enough imho..N yea definitely for this year! #Great sign Ireland!

Back
Top Bottom