Odrick's new agents aren't happy with Dolphins / Clay headed for franchise tag? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odrick's new agents aren't happy with Dolphins / Clay headed for franchise tag?

awesome. leave it to agents to stir **** when things seem rosy for once

STFU and perform! Maybe if you rock out like a stud, you will get extended before season's end but now is not the time to gripe.

Not the time. Offseason is over. The agents can **** off. Back in your holes until March d-bags.

**** Odrick...what he brings to the table is easily got in FA for less money...

Haha...so the agents for Odrick wanted a new contract before his current contract ends...what's new? Agents are always complaining and threatening stuff...it's their job. If Clay performs like last year he won't see free agency and franchise tag won't be needed...he'll be taken care of.

Odrick is the type of player who will look real good as a FA pickup but isn't a centerpiece player so he will probably want a lot more in a contract extension than he is worth to us.

I would offer Odrick a Mitchell type deal if thats what he's looking for.

Rosy? In Miami, I'd like to see the list of all that is rosy!

Just meant that there has been a lot of positivity coming from the team....chemistry seems good, no FO fiascos, camp has gone well, etc. There have not been many distractions aside from the PED suspensions.

The negativity started last year wasn't by the players either, initially.

It was martin's agent that started that whole train wreck, and poured accelerant all over the flames.

He leaked the EDITED transcript of that drunken, joking voicemail and leaked stories about Martin being beaten up which proved to be false

If Odrick was asking to be paid like Earl Mitchell, you throw that contract on the table and laugh after he signs the deal.

Lets put Mitchell's deal into perspective. Paul Soliai almost got as much guaranteed money as Mitchell got total. Mitchell's yearly average is over $1 million less than Richard Marshall's deal with us. Its $1 million more then Brandon Gibson, who many of us feel is underpaid, is making. Its $2 million less per season than what Soliai was handed when he played for us and what Randy Starks is currently making.
Now, im not going to say Odrick is equal to Starks and Soliai, but hes close. And i believe now that he should be getting more snaps he will show himself to be equal to those players. And hes already better than Mitchell(and before people freak out, i liked the Mitchell signing, i felt it was a savvy way to replace Soliai). As well, Odrick has shown some interior pass rush ability, which is such a coveted skill set in today's NFL.

Granted, the way that tweet was worded doesnt necessarily mean they wanted Mitchell's deal, they just wanted that money allocated into a bigger deal for their client. In that case, their angst is misplaced. Refusing to sign a good player in Mitchell isnt the problem. Giving a big contract to a bad player, Phillip Wheeler, is. Odrick(or i guess his agents) should have no hard feelings towards his new lineman, he should have some scorn at the inept player(s) playing behind him.

Back
Top Bottom