Off-Season Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

I say we sign some used guards in the off-season thinking they will be successful and pass on an all-pro ready Nelson in the draft and take another DE and make us all pound kaopectate to stop the diarrhea
this really pisses me off too. it seems like every damn year we pick a DE or OLB and we don't get eff all out of them. yet, every year ppl here wanna use another first round pick on the same damn positions

No way Thomas comes back imo. I'm all aboard the Roquan Smith bandwagon, so if that happens our defense is automatically better but I can't see Anthony starting over Alanso.
But you can't start both Smith and Kiko. Smith would have to start at weak side. Kiko can't play strong side. If you start both of them we'll get killed in the run game. Both are small and keep on mind that Harris and Wake are not good playing the run either. If you draft Smith then they have to bench Alonso and either start Anthony at strong or somebody else but it won't be Alonso

Ozzy rules!!

Well that doesn't leave much does it? Lol. You basically ruled out OL, QB, WR, RB, DE, LB, and S. We are set at DT, and CB is the only position on defense where we have good young players already. TE? No way... there's nobody even remotely worth the pick at #11. I honestly believe if Smith is there when we pick that they will take him. It just makes too much sense and he's Exactly what we need on defense.
I'm just saying that's how I believe they're thinking. I'd take a QB if one worth taking is there. I'd take a WR if Landry leaves. I probably would take a DE depending on who's there. Hard to imagine them going Safety after the deal to Jones and TJM. Imo they messed up some of what they should do because of those bad deals

Ozzy rules!!

I think that they largely keep the roster intact and just go for a couple of Timmonsesque signings, aging veterans looking for one last payday.

My predictions:

1. Tannehill has his best year ever. Comeback Player-of-the-Year.
2. Miami goes 9-7 in 2018, for #6th playoff seed.
3. Jarvis Landry decides he wants the money more than remaining a Phin. Signs with the Bears 4 years/$62M.
4. We take BPA in Round One: Roquan Smith, or one of the Notre Dame OG/OT lineman.
5. Round 2: DE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest.
6. Draft best available in RD3: Tight End Troy Fumagalli (Wisconsin), OR Running Back Damien Harris, for the Alabama Drake and Harris Show.
7. Draft a QB in RD4 or later: Luke Falk (Wash State), Logan Woodside (Toledo), Riley Ferguson of Memphis.
8. Moore, Cutler and Fales are not on 2018 roster.

Mike swings for Sherman, especially if he missed out on Graham.... just feels like something he would do- oh after the restructure of the Suh contract....lol

This team has many needs.

There is not one single player that will put us over the top. If we can find a partner to trade down and get another 2nd or 3rd to improve our odds of finding smart quality players. We don't need that homerun, all or none, player. Having Tannehill back should give us 2-3 wins, and playing what appears to be a softer schedule should give us 1-2 more wins.

If we can fill these holes:

Fix the O-line; couple of mid-tier, healthy guards and one 2-4 round draft.
Find the seam TE. Graham may be our best option.
We need a DE or LB with the first choice, and follow that up with the other in the 2nd-4th
Late round RB or pick up a free agent RB.
Developmental FS to groom
Bring in a punter for competition
Find our backup QB in the draft and roll with him or Fales as the backup.

This is doable.

But you can't start both Smith and Kiko. Smith would have to start at weak side. Kiko can't play strong side. If you start both of them we'll get killed in the run game. Both are small and keep on mind that Harris and Wake are not good playing the run either. If you draft Smith then they have to bench Alonso and either start Anthony at strong or somebody else but it won't be Alonso

Ozzy rules!!
Well I don't disagree with you, but what they should do and what they actually do can be two completely different things. Kiko couldn't cover a TE in a phone booth yet they had him matched up on them time and and time again.

this really pisses me off too. it seems like every damn year we pick a DE or OLB and we don't get eff all out of them. yet, every year ppl here wanna use another first round pick on the same damn positions
I'm right there with you brother...makes me puke...

I want Derwin James. That’s my offseason wishlist.

Then put Reshad at WLB and upgrade 2 positions.

Both phases of defense instantly improve.

Some thoughts:

QB: Tannehill, Fales and a rookie (not sure what round we draft him). Note: I wouldn’t be surprised if MM8 is resigned cheap. If that happens, Fales is a training camp casualty to rookie QB.

RB: Drake, D. Williams, bruiser-type rookie that we draft, S. Perry, random FA back.

TE: FA signing - Graham or Ebron; draft BP at the position, AJ Derby. Fasano, Thomas and Gray all gone. Not sure why we didn’t use Gray more.

WR: Landry resigned, Stills, Parker (doesn’t get traded / plays out his rookie contract), Grant, Carroo and either D. Morgan or one of the other PS guys we had this year. With all the needs we have I don’t see moving Parker and then backfilling.

OL: Tunsil, Larsen, Pouncey, Davis, Sterup, Young, Asiata and 2 new faces either via draft or FA. Bye Ju’an James and Bushrod.

K/P - Parkey and a new punter.

DL - Wake (not asked to restructure and not cut w 10.5 sacks), Harris, Fede, Suh, Phillips, Godchaux, Branch (stuck w him), Taylor and anorther rookie from rounds 1-3.

LB - MacMillan, Kiko (stuck w him), Allen, 2 rookies, Anthony, 1 FA. Timmons cut.

DB - R. Jones, McDonald, Allen, Lippett, Howard, Tankersly, McCain (resigned), Aikens, M Thomas, 1 rookie.

Record: 11-5.

I want Derwin James. That’s my offseason wishlist.

Then put Reshad at WLB and upgrade 2 positions.

Both phases of defense instantly improve.
I wouldn't mind James as I think he'd be a better cover guy than Jones or Mcdonald, but there is a 0% chance they move Jones to LB.

Ozzy rules!!

Also if I had that lineup I'm going with Smith at MLB, Mcmillian at SLB, and Kiko at WLB. Kiko comes off the field in nickel sets... idc how much he's getting paid, he's simply not a 3 down LB(I'd rather him be replaced completely, but it w9nt happen next yearl. I wish I wish we had a real FS who could actually cover because a nickel set of Mcmillian and Smith with Reshad Jones lurking around near the front 7 would be deadly imo. It's going to happen anyway with Jones no matter who we have at LB, but our deep middle will always be a problem until we actually get a safety that can cover. This season was such a disaster not having any Lb's or safeties who were worth a damn in coverage.

Back
Top Bottom