Off-Season Predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

Prediction: while the media and much of FinsNation scream for a QB in first round of draft, the Dolphins brain trust (and I use that term loosely) chooses to go in another direction and not draft a QB

I predict that Miami will have another losing season. I agree with what Philbin said. Ryan Tannehill is not a franchise qb. He wanted Carr but got shutdown. RODGERS
RYAN
CARR

another losing season I cannot live with

Well, since the season is over, I thought I'd post a thread where we can all spitball and make bold predictions about what we think is going to happen between now and training camp. Let's keep it Dolphins related, but I will also accept your playoff / Super Bowl predictions if you feel real confident in them. And hey, it's important to note that by making a prediction about what the Dolphins are going to do, you're not actually endorsing that course of action.

Also, a request: If you're going to tell people why their predictions are all wrong, please offer up some bold predictions of your own. Only fair, right?

I'll start with one that I've been thinking about for a while now, and feel pretty strongly about:

The Miami Dolphins are going to be major players in the upcoming Jimmy Graham Free Agent Sweepstakes.

My reasoning? Miami badly needs production from the position, and Mike Tannenbaum loves splash moves. This is seen as a weak draft class for TEs, and Graham is a big name, 'star power' player. And of course, it turns out that Jimmy Graham's agent is.. Jimmy Sexton. You may remember that Jimmy Sexton and Mike Tannenbaum have a very close relationship. Sexton represents Adam Gase, Laremy Tunsil, Ndamukong Suh, etc., and has in fact been snarkily accused of "running the Dolphins" by some media types.

Tell me why I'm an idiot below.
31 year old TE who has had injuries? Lol

Also if I had that lineup I'm going with Smith at MLB, Mcmillian at SLB, and Kiko at WLB. Kiko comes off the field in nickel sets... idc how much he's getting paid, he's simply not a 3 down LB(I'd rather him be replaced completely, but it w9nt happen next yearl. I wish I wish we had a real FS who could actually cover because a nickel set of Mcmillian and Smith with Reshad Jones lurking around near the front 7 would be deadly imo. It's going to happen anyway with Jones no matter who we have at LB, but our deep middle will always be a problem until we actually get a safety that can cover. This season was such a disaster not having any Lb's or safeties who were worth a damn in coverage.
I just don't know that Smith could hold up playing the run at 6'1 and 225 and then with Kiko next to him we're going to get run over by everyone. I still say if we draft Smith we have to bench kiko but that's just my opinion. Who the hell knows what the team will do

Ozzy rules!!

My predictions:

1. Tannehill has his best year ever. Comeback Player-of-the-Year.
2. Miami goes 9-7 in 2018, for #6th playoff seed.
3. Jarvis Landry decides he wants the money more than remaining a Phin. Signs with the Bears 4 years/$62M.
4. We take BPA in Round One: Roquan Smith, or one of the Notre Dame OG/OT lineman.
5. Round 2: DE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest.
6. Draft best available in RD3: Tight End Troy Fumagalli (Wisconsin), OR Running Back Damien Harris, for the Alabama Drake and Harris Show.
7. Draft a QB in RD4 or later: Luke Falk (Wash State), Logan Woodside (Toledo), Riley Ferguson of Memphis.
8. Moore, Cutler and Fales are not on 2018 roster.
Tannehill’s beag year ever and Miami only gets to 9-7? Hmmm

this really pisses me off too. it seems like every damn year we pick a DE or OLB and we don't get eff all out of them. yet, every year ppl here wanna use another first round pick on the same damn positions
Miami hasn’t fixed anything in years. There’s no one unit where you can say Miami is elite or even above average at. Mediocrity oozes throughout the roster. D line supposed to be a strength and it’s been overrated for years.

I just don't know that Smith could hold up playing the run at 6'1 and 225 and then with Kiko next to him we're going to get run over by everyone. I still say if we draft Smith we have to bench kiko but that's just my opinion. Who the hell knows what the team will do

Ozzy rules!!
I hear you, but i still think we'd be better off with that lineup than we were this year. Smith imo will be better than anyone we had on the field in 2017, Hopefully Mcmillian will be an upgrade also. The idea is Kiko = same, Smith and Mcmillian > Timmons and Allen. My fear is that we ignore the problems we had completely and get a thumper to play lb, then we're stuck watching Kiko get burned over and over and over again by TE's for another year... I'm already just about 100% sure they won't do anything at safety either, so the deep middle will continue to get abused. But hell maybe they'll surprise me...

No I agree that we can't have Kiko covering TE's or RB's out there. I just think that Kiko should be bench and I wouldn't mind RM, Smith and Anthony out there. I'm just not sure that Gase would bench Kiko. We needs at least one new LB, I totally agree there

Ozzy rules!!

Here are a few.

* Grant gets more playing time. He showed that he can make big plays, which is something this offense needs.

* Barkley drops to #11 and Miami pounces, pairing him with the emerging Drake.

* The team brings in Peyton Manning in some capacity (Assistant GM/Special Scout/Offensive Adviser).

* Miami actually signs a legitimate free agent offensive lineman.

* Tannehill and McMillan come back strong.

* A quarterback is drafted in the 4th round range (Falk?).

Here are a few.

* Grant gets more playing time. He showed that he can make big plays, which is something this offense needs.

* Barkley drops to #11 and Miami pounces, pairing him with the emerging Drake.

* The team brings in Peyton Manning in some capacity (Assistant GM/Special Scout/Offensive Adviser).

* Miami actually signs a legitimate free agent offensive lineman.

* Tannehill and McMillan come back strong.

* A quarterback is drafted in the 4th round range (Falk?).
So you think everything the FO will do is good.....intersting....lol

Ozzy rules!!

My prediction is that T-Bum makes a trade during the off season that none of us sees coming - it only gets announced in the press just before completion, not even rumours of it in advance. He'll overpay the team with compensation, and despite the player being under contract, he'll extend the contract with said player not having played a down, completely over paying and putting us into another Branch / Alonso style deal, where it's more expensive to cut than to keep after a year. That player will be very average, at best, in Miami.

A couple of FA options at QB I would be interested in would be Bridgewater and Austin Davis. save the pick for some linemen for Tannehill, it's his year regardless.

Isaiah Crowell would be a good tandem back with Drake.

Resign Landry, Verner, Hayes

Kenny Viccaro would be a great splash signing over Jimmy Graham imo.

Back
Top Bottom