Offensive Coordinator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Watching this season play out has shown this team needs an experienced offensive coordinator to make that offense hum. There’s too much on the plate for Gase to deal with so i’m all for him getting some help coming up with and calling the plays.

I read somewhere maybe the PBPost, that the team plans on finding one. Now the question to you all is who that certain someone might be.

Gase already said he will look for an experienced coordinator but keep calling plays.

Doubt its a proper OC and I doubt the current one gets fired. Gase will (and should) still call plays. Could well be a big name OL coach plus an offensive consultant.

Someone like Mike McCoy would be a good fit - but not as OC. Bombed in Denver, but a respected Offensive guy and a friend of Gase. I would value his input as a consultant

Doubt its a proper OC and I doubt the current one gets fired. Gase will (and should) still call plays. Could well be a big name OL coach plus an offensive consultant.

Someone like Mike McCoy would be a good fit - but not as OC
Wouldn’t mind McCoy, I’m not going to lie I wanted him as HC the year they hired Philbin . Don’t know how he would’ve done here, but we all know what happened with the chargers.

Here is one name that could come in - though again almost certainly not as OC

Gase was blocked from bringing him here before

I don’t understand why he just doesn’t pick up a true Offensive Coordinator and not someone as a “consultant” that’s pretty lame
If you ask me.

I don’t understand why he just doesn’t pick up a true Offensive Coordinator and not someone as a “consultant” that’s pretty lame
If you ask me.

Personally im not at all interested in running the O of a lesser offensive mind from some mid tier OC, I wanted Gase as head coach so he could build a system in his vision. The biggest mistake Gase has made (besides Cutler which was inexcusable) was dumbing down his system down to fit crappy players this year, that is what needs to end - if your players can't run a high level O? get smarter players.

And Playcalling will look a hell of a lot better when the QB isnt throwing the ball to a db twenty feet infront of his wr and if the OL isnt making every other first down first and 15

Not everything Gase did was perfect this year, but it certainly doesn't make me want to pickup someone like Scott Linehan or Downing and hand them the keys to the O when they get fired today. Im all for bringing in new coaches (especially on D) - but a "full OC" with control of the O? No thanks

I think this has been a learning experience for Gase. I think he took on way to much over the last couple of years.

Someone like Mike McCoy would be a good fit - but not as OC. Bombed in Denver, but a respected Offensive guy and a friend of Gase. I would value his input as a consultant
I don't get it brother, why a consultant? On game day do you need a consultant next to you in the heat of battle? Why not get a true OC to take that pressure off you?

I don't get it brother, why a consultant? On game day do you need a consultant next to you in the heat of battle? Why not get a true OC to take that pressure off you?

Because I prefer Adam Gase running the O than some mid tier OC. You want to bring in someone to teach Landry not to abandon a route, or to ride Parker and help game plan? Cool, I don't exactly have a huge opinion of Christensen. But I want Gase running the O on gamedays, that was half the point of bringing him here.

if Sean Payton wants to come in as our OC then coolio let him call plays. But if you mean Todd Downing? Im fine with Gase thanks

Because I prefer Adam Gase running the O than some mid tier OC. You want to bring in someone to teach Landry not to abandon a route, or to ride Parker and help game plan? Cool, I don't exactly have a huge opinion of Christensen. But I want Gase running the O on gamedays, that was half the point of bringing him here.

And that is one of the biggest problems we have. Gase is no offensive guru in the first place. What did he ever do as an OC before coming here? That was Peyton Manning's offense in Denver. Peyton was the real OC on those teams, not Gase. Then Gase goes to Chicago for one year and they didn't exactly have a good offense. The guy is a fraud.

And that is one of the biggest problems we have. Gase is no offensive guru in the first place. What did he ever do as an OC before coming here? All he did was rode Peyton Manning's offense in Denver. Peyton was the real OC on those teams. Then Gase goes to Chicago for one year and they didn't exactly have a good offense that year he was there. The guy is a fraud.

57f367ac19ceab7a40e510e9ea306501.498x267x8.gif

Back
Top Bottom