Offensive Coordinator | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

I honesty think McCoy would do great as an OC and not just a consultant. He fared well in Denver as one.

I honesty think McCoy would do great as an OC and not just a consultant. He fared well in Denver as one.

Check out how he did this year as OC, he isnt getting an OC gig

Because I prefer Adam Gase running the O than some mid tier OC. You want to bring in someone to teach Landry not to abandon a route, or to ride Parker and help game plan? Cool, I don't exactly have a huge opinion of Christensen. But I want Gase running the O on gamedays, that was half the point of bringing him here.

if Sean Payton wants to come in as our OC then coolio let him call plays. But if you mean Todd Downing? Im fine with Gase thanks
Then you can't have it both ways, you want him to run the O on game days and call plays but not have a true OC....recipe for disaster as this year can attest to.

Here is one name that could come in - though again almost certainly not as OC

Gase was blocked from bringing him here before

just googled the guy as I have never heard of him. Sounds like he is up for top honors as worst O coach in 2017. People want him out of Chicago as fast as possible. Just google his name and try to hold back tears.

just googled the guy as I have never heard of him. Sounds like he is up for top honors as worst O coach in 2017. People want him out of Chicago as fast as possible. Just google his name and try to hold back tears.

he is a decent position coach. Has had two shots as OC and struggled. As I said, not a OC candidate

There's nothing glaring wrong with Gases play calling. Truth be told the guy has called some great games this season. Unfortunately, execution has tainted it.

Believe me offensive play calling is the least of our problems. A healthy Qb and a solidified offensive line and a skill TE will make a world of difference.

As a HC you are responsible for the entire team Offensive, Defensive and special teams. In the case of Gase, he is a young HC, this is his first gig, how can he be as affective on game day when his head is buried in a play calling sheet. On game day he is the manager, communicating with players, OC and DC should take up a large part of his time. To me he does himself and the team a disservice when his attention is solely on looking at one aspect of the team, Gase is not experienced enough to take on this role as of yet, he needs to learn how to manage all aspects of the team and then you can come to tell us you will be taking over play calling duties. Get a damn good OC to take that pressure off you, step back for a minute and change the things that haven't work....that's not a weakness, it's a strength.

^ Oh, and if we cut penalties in half that would be a boost.

Do I hear 75% ?? Good Lord, 137 penalties this year!! That's 8.5 per game. How can you expect to make long drives on O, or get off the field on 3rd down on D, with that amount of penalties???? It's exasperating .... Can we bring back Shula as a Consultant? Call it an Executive in Charge of Reducing Penalties or ECRP for short.

Loggains isn't a bad coach, from what I can see of his resume. Chicago is a black hole of offensive talent right now. Who was supposed to score points there? A raw rookie quarterback surrounded by what? Their big offensive acquisition for Trubisky was... Dion Sims.

He did great work with Jake Locker. Yes, Jake Locker. The guy actually looked like a credible NFL quarterback before his body exploded for the last time. I remember thinking "Wow, Jake Locker might actually be good." - Yes, I actually said that, and it surprised me as much as it probably surprises you. Loggains was the OC of the Titans for two years, and the talent they had to work with was laughable. The washed up corpse of Chris Johnson, Kendall Wright, and Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the way, and that team still managed to avoid being in the bottom third of the NFL in both yards gained and points scored.

His resume does not speak of incompetence. If Gase brings him in as an assistant, I certainly won't be rioting because a bunch of idiot Bears fans can't see that the team's front office set the coaching staff up to fail so that the team would be flush with cap money and nice draft picks to entice a new coach in 2018.

There's nothing glaring wrong with Gases play calling. Truth be told the guy has called some great games this season. Unfortunately, execution has tainted it.

Believe me offensive play calling is the least of our problems. A healthy Qb and a solidified offensive line and a skill TE will make a world of difference.

There is actually a big problem with his play calling and it has to do with all the bubble screens he calls. He needs to take the bubble screens out of his playbook. They don't work.

There is actually a big problem with his play calling and it has to do with all the bubble screens he calls. He needs to take the bubble screens out of his playbook. They don't work.

Yeah? Even the ones when they block it up well and someone like Grant gains considerable yardage and took it to the house?

They didn't work then also? Moreover, do you even know why they called those plays?

Yeah? Even the ones when they block it up well and someone like Grant gains considerable yardage and took it to the house?

They didn't work then also? Moreover, do you even know why they called those plays?

Gase sucks as a play caller but keep telling yourself that he doesn't.

A play caller is only as good as his players. If your QB goes down and your savior can't do it, it's a tough season. We really must clean up the penalties, 14 more yesterday for almost a buck and a half. You won't win a lot of games with those numbers, and still, some pre snap penalties. If you haven't got it right by the last game of the year that a pretty sad indicator. Going forward, Gase WILL call the plays so why talk about it? If Ryan comes back strong you will see a huge difference in the calls and the success of the calls so that problem will fix itself imo. We really got robbed of an exciting year with Tannehill at QB.

A play caller is only as good as his players. If your QB goes down and your savior can't do it, it's a tough season. We really must clean up the penalties, 14 more yesterday for almost a buck and a half. You won't win a lot of games with those numbers, and still, some pre snap penalties. If you haven't got it right by the last game of the year that a pretty sad indicator. Going forward, Gase WILL call the plays so why talk about it? If Ryan comes back strong you will see a huge difference in the calls and the success of the calls so that problem will fix itself imo. We really got robbed of an exciting year with Tannehill at QB.

Play calling has a lot to do with how an offense plays as well. Just look at the Raiders offense this year compared to last year with a lot of the same players. They were way better last year and then Del Rio fires the OC after last season. Also look at the Falcons offense this year compared to last year. They were way better under Shanahan with a lot of the same players.

Back
Top Bottom