Offensive Coordinator | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

We have way to many fans that just watch the highlights or read the stat lines and preach it like gospel. Gase's play-calling and offensive scheme is absolutely the least of our worries, I actually question what the hell some fans are seeing that I'm not.

I think this has been a learning experience for Gase. I think he took on way to much over the last couple of years.
I agree. I think Gase needs an OC to call plays and run Gases's system. Gase can always call for a play if he sees something. He just seems to me to be overwhelmed sometimes.

We have way to many fans that just watch the highlights or read the stat lines and preach it like gospel. Gase's play-calling and offensive scheme is absolutely the least of our worries, I actually question what the hell some fans are seeing that I'm not.

And we have way too many fans like you who like to live in fantasyland and pretend everything is fine with the offensive play calling when it isn't.

And we have way too many fans like you who like to live in fantasyland and pretend everything is fine with the offensive play calling when it isn't.

Well enlighten us with your breakdown and let's see if it holds any weight to the numerous right ups that hoops, anufan, uk, ect. ect. have posted throughout the entire season specific examples of players not executing, poor q.b. play, missed blocking assignments, wrong route trees, wrong receiver leveling, players freelancing. I'm open to specific examples like they have provided and greatly appreciate those types of efforts. I've coached high school football for ten years also coached with our linebacker chase's college head coach at Southern Illinois so i am pretty familiar with film work, so I do know when solid points are made and we have a ton of solid contributors on this site with breakdowns that hold more merit than opinion.

I was down on Case's play-calling early, with good reason. But there was obvious improvement between game 3 and game 12.

I got down on Gase this year plenty of times this season but he didn't go from the hot young, forward thinking Head Coach who led the Dolphins to the play offs last season to a guy who has to turn over the play calling. He just has to learn to delegate a ton of stuff and concentrate on what his strengths are. As I said earlier, Tannehill, if back to form, will make his play calling look far better. The problem was not the plays, it was the execution of the plays compounded by penalties and turnovers.

Gase sucks as a play caller but keep telling yourself that he doesn't.

This is the part where your main example gets destroyed. But, before you decide to move the goal why don't you give me a rebuttal on the bubble screen?

Bruce Ariens
Absolutely, NO! Bruce Arians has a reputation for being very prickly all the time. It is his way or the highway. I respect his knowledge but the last thing that Gase needs is a grumpy old man in a Cardinals hat, with medical issues who has just retired telling him what to do.

Last edited:
This is the part where your main example gets destroyed. But, before you decide to move the goal why don't you give me a rebuttal on the bubble screen?

It’s real simple, they don’t have a good enough offensive line to execute the bubble screen on a consistent basis.

Gase will (and should) still call plays.

His offenses have been consistently in the bottom third of league for the past 3 years. I just don't see the big deal about his play calling. Yeah, when he had a still good Peyton Manning but not much since.

Play calling has a lot to do with how an offense plays as well. Just look at the Raiders offense this year compared to last year with a lot of the same players. They were way better last year and then Del Rio fires the OC after last season. Also look at the Falcons offense this year compared to last year. They were way better under Shanahan with a lot of the same players.

The two are bad OC’s with NFL QB’s on the field. Gase is a good OC with a broadcaster on the field. So there is a big difference between the two.

They also need an offensive line coach who can bring out the best in Laremy Tunsil. The play of Tunsil at LT was one of the biggest disappointments of the season. Can he take that next step, or will he remain an underachiever and someone who will eventually need to be upgraded?

I know Adam Gase is talking about a veteran offensive coordinator and that makes sense. But, I'll also throw out Peyton Manning. Just have a feeling, if he wanted to, that Manning would be perfect in that role. It could be short-term because I know Manning has interest in a GM spot. Just a thought.

Not sure Manning would make a good coach. He'd never be able to find a guy that can do it as good as he did but I don't think he wants to be a coach anyway. As a GM, I would love to have him....anything to get rid of t-dumb

Ozzy rules!!

The two are bad OC’s with NFL QB’s on the field. Gase is a good OC with a broadcaster on the field. So there is a big difference between the two.

And what makes you think Gase is a good OC? What has he ever done to make you think that? When he was in Denver they were basically running Peyton Manning's offense. He hasn't proven anything yet. The Dolphins weren't exactly great on offense last year even when Ryan Tannehill played.

Back
Top Bottom