Offensive Coordinator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

CaptainK

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who are the leading candidates to take over the offense in 2005? Gary Stevens? Sure he can't make chicken salad from chicken sh*t. But he knows this team and we are going cajun in '05!!

Your joking right? How does Stevens know this team?

Yes, I am joking. But I figures I would get people going with the Stevens comment. But seriously, who are the leading candidates?

C'mon!! You guys have speculated on everything from the next Dolphins 1st round draft choice to the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden. I am certain you can throw a few names out there.

CaptainK said:
C'mon!! You guys have speculated on everything from the next Dolphins 1st round draft choice to the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden. I am certain you can throw a few names out there.

Kidding aside, be happy with him coming, give him his week, then things will happen.

Why don't you try to name a few guys? Heck we have 3 O/C already on the team. (well don't really count forestor, but trestman and sullivan have been O/Cs

CaptainK said:
Who are the leading candidates to take over the offense in 2005? Gary Stevens? Sure he can't make chicken salad from chicken sh*t. But he knows this team and we are going cajun in '05!!
Even though I hated Gary Stevens, that quote is one of my all time favorite coaches' quotes. As far as OC, if I remember Trestman has only coordinated West Coast offenses, correct? If that's true, then :sleep: . Our offense has been moving under Foerster, w/o a good running back. I'd be interested in seeing what he does with a stud RB from the draft. Somehow, I think Saban dumps him.

Pat Shurmur

Current Philadelphia Eagle QB Coach. Shurmur was on Saban's staff at Michigan State, and he's a guy who has learned from Andy Reid over the past 5 years and is ready to become a coordinator. He would bring a familiarity with AJ Feeley as well as the Eagles' base offense.

wasn't gary stevens the offensive corr for marino? we never had a running game, but with a good passing game and a good D, we could get a decent running game.

I think it will be a powerful guy, sort of like a Norv Turner presence. Saban in a Defensive coach, with a lot of power. I think he is going to bring in a guy he can trust with the offense and let him have fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom