Offensive line changes reported at camp. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line changes reported at camp.

YPF

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Kffl is reporting that Damion Cook has been changed from tackle to guard and that Alabi has been Switched from LT to RT.

Does that mean they are happy with Carey ?

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
Kffl is reporting that Damion Cook has been changed from tackle to guard and that Alabi has been Switched from LT to RT.

Does that mean they are happy with Carey ?

Good stuff. Alabi probably wont be ready to start (if ever) until next year at the very very earliest so don't think this has anything to do with Carey...Now if they switched D. McIntosh to RT, then it would mean something. Still, I hope Carey continues to do well.

People are being moved around all over the line... dont read into any position changes interms of the linemen... the only change that would be worth payin attention to would be if they removed Carey from LT...

Nasty

i dont think it makes a huge difference... i assume we'll carry 4 tackles - carey, alabi, mcdougle and mcintosh.

Noodle Arm said:
I always thought Cook would be a better guard anyways.
i'll second that... hopefully he can play well and we can cut that lump of **** st clair before the season starts.

I would be concerned if they didnt make changes after a performance like the HOF game.

BTW I would like to point out that we all led to believe that Smith was going to a great job at LT last year.Lets not come to quick conclusions about Carey.He is not good until he proves he is good.

Carey has at least looked powerful...even one time that I saw him Wiff as he was falling to the ground he shoved his man and the guy flew backwards into a pile.. if his momentum hadnt been stoped he would have been keystered and that was a wiff.

Yeah and Carey seems to have pretty good recovery. On that play everyone keeps talking about where Alex Brown beat Carey to the outside, Carey still recovered in time to pancake Brown before he got to the QB, and I really don't think AJ stepped up because he felt Brown I think he was stepping up because thats what he does (kind of like Kid Griese, step back 7 steps, step up one). So really, the only negative that Carey contributed to that Urlacher sack was letting Brown take away Feeley's escape route to the back, but I seriously doubt Feeley could have gotten away by the time he saw Urlacher...if he turned to run away he probably would have just gotten sacked for a bigger loss.

CrunchTime said:
I would be concerned if they didnt make changes after a performance like the HOF game.

BTW I would like to point out that we all led to believe that Smith was going to a great job at LT last year.Lets not come to quick conclusions about Carey.He is not good until he proves he is good.

I certainly wasn't part of that crowd. I never at any time believed that Smith was going to be anything more than an express lane.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah and Carey seems to have pretty good recovery. On that play everyone keeps talking about where Alex Brown beat Carey to the outside, Carey still recovered in time to pancake Brown before he got to the QB, and I really don't think AJ stepped up because he felt Brown I think he was stepping up because thats what he does (kind of like Kid Griese, step back 7 steps, step up one). So really, the only negative that Carey contributed to that Urlacher sack was letting Brown take away Feeley's escape route to the back, but I seriously doubt Feeley could have gotten away by the time he saw Urlacher...if he turned to run away he probably would have just gotten sacked for a bigger loss.
It looks to me Like Careys main issue right now is footwork..It isnt horrible but when the defender re-directs Carey can get his his feet tangled up...when he locks on he seems to hold up VERY well and I think the footwork will get better with time.

Sirspud said:
I certainly wasn't part of that crowd. I never at any time believed that Smith was going to be anything more than an express lane.

nor i... he showed me nothing in 2003, and, in fact, directly contributed to the home loss against Indy that year with his whiff on Freeney late in the second half... of course, the coaching staff didn't deem it necessary to double team Freeney in the late stages, despite him owning Miami all game...

finsnchips said:
i'll second that... hopefully he can play well and we can cut that lump of **** st clair before the season starts.

I don't know where this remark is coming from...he was arguably our best OL last year ?? Now that may not be saying much, but give the man some credit...

At the very least, he can fill in at 4 of the 5 positions on the line....I leave center out, but he was a center in college. He has played both tackle spots in his career and both guard spots.

Now, with the guys we have added it is looking like Carey, James, ???, ???, McDougle as our starting 5...the center position is between Hadnot and McK, and the RG spot seems to be between either Hadnot or whomever...

We shouldn't forget about Ephraim and Middleton...They are both coming off injuries, but have been solid starters in the league. It's going to be interesting because our OL play SUCKED again on Saturday night even tho everyone seems to report that they are doing good....

ckparrothead said:

Brown hit Feeley's arm on that play. Carey at least stayed with his man. If Urlacher is not blitzing, Feeley probably has a chance to make a throw.

PressCoverage said:
nor i... he showed me nothing in 2003, and, in fact, directly contributed to the home loss against Indy that year with his whiff on Freeney late in the second half... of course, the coaching staff didn't deem it necessary to double team Freeney in the late stages, despite him owning Miami all game...

Freeney was double teamed on the play you are talking about. Ricky Williams was supposed to chip Freeney and knocked Smith off of his block instead.

Back
Top Bottom