Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Im now starting the official draft darren sproles bandwagon...

Darren Sproles
clear.gif

Official Bio
College: Kansas St.
Height: 5-5
Position: Running Back
Weight: 180
Class: Senior
40-Yard: 4.35

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Great speed...Very productive...Dynamic and very hard to tackle...Runs harder than you would think for a guy his size and shows a lot of toughness...Has great vision...Unbelievable balance...Very shifty...Gets lost because everyone else is so much bigger than he is...Good receiver...Has all the intangibles...Also a return man.

Weaknesses: Vastly undersized...Will never be able to cut it as a blocker...Has been durable during his college career, but they hit harder in the pros...Had a down senior season and was shut down in some games.

Notes: Classic case of a great college player who just doesn't project well to the pro level...Won't go nearly as high as his reputation would lead you to believe...A better player than Quentin Griffin, but probably a backup and change of pace back at best in the NFL.

heres a fact from the combine

*Some bench numbers from today, Carnell Williams put up 19, and Darren Sproles came in with 23.

Carnell outweighs little sproles by over 30 lbs. and is like 6 inches taller!

Heres a video of him so you guys take a look at what he can do http://www.darrensproles43.com/videos/sproles43.wmv

heres his official site so you can see more about him http://www.darrensproles43.com/intro.html

I'm getting a little sick and tired of people saying that small rbs cant be feature runningbacks in the nfl when thats very wrong....barry sanders, emmit smith, charlie garner ,and many many more were all feature backs!

Hes also a great punt returner! This guy would be one of the explosive players nick saban is talking about...He would be our brian westbrook!

Jump On!

He had a down year in a year many thought he'd be in New York for the Heisman. He's good for a Travis Minor type role but not every down.

He would be our brian westbrook!

He's always hurt & isn't a great "Running" back. One of the main reasons they lost the Super Bowl.

Ha, with our Oline he'll be another Travis Minor....

If we can get him late 2nd day I'm all for it.

Buddwalk said:
I
*Some bench numbers from today, Carnell Williams put up 19, and Darren Sproles came in with 23.

Ha, Thanks becasue shorter people can bench more...

It's alot harder for the lengther to rep alot of weight.

SMadison29 said:
He had a down year in a year many thought he'd be in New York for the Heisman. He's good for a Travis Minor type role but not every down.

He's always hurt & isn't a great "Running" back. One of the main reasons they lost the Super Bowl.

he did have a down senior year but come on brian westbrook was very unnoticed at villanova his whole career....and sproles actually is noticed hes proved to people time and time again how good he is...you must see it

if we knew we could rely on gordon to carry most of the load id love to have darren as a change of pace back, but with the unknown about gordon staying healthy we need to draft a back who can carry the load if needed

Buddwalk said:
Im now starting the official draft darren sproles bandwagon...

Darren Sproles
clear.gif

Official Bio
College: Kansas St.
Height: 5-5
Position: Running Back
Weight: 180
Class: Senior
40-Yard: 4.35

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Great speed...Very productive...Dynamic and very hard to tackle...Runs harder than you would think for a guy his size and shows a lot of toughness...Has great vision...Unbelievable balance...Very shifty...Gets lost because everyone else is so much bigger than he is...Good receiver...Has all the intangibles...Also a return man.

Weaknesses: Vastly undersized...Will never be able to cut it as a blocker...Has been durable during his college career, but they hit harder in the pros...Had a down senior season and was shut down in some games.

Notes: Classic case of a great college player who just doesn't project well to the pro level...Won't go nearly as high as his reputation would lead you to believe...A better player than Quentin Griffin, but probably a backup and change of pace back at best in the NFL.

heres a fact from the combine

Heres a video of him so you guys take a look at what he can do http://www.darrensproles43.com/videos/sproles43.wmv

heres his official site so you can see more about him http://www.darrensproles43.com/intro.html

I'm getting a little sick and tired of people saying that small rbs cant be feature runningbacks in the nfl when thats very wrong....barry sanders, emmit smith, charlie garner ,and many many more were all feature backs!

Hes also a great punt returner! This guy would be one of the explosive players nick saban is talking about...He would be our brian westbrook!

Jump On!

2 things...

1. WOW 5'5"!? I thought he was atleast 5'8"

2. He has short arms... I know its taking away from him... but it's true...

Hey I like the kid...think what the Dolphins can do with the savings from just buying the uniforms for him.

fishypete said:
Hey I like the kid...think what the Dolphins can do with the savings from just buying the uniforms for him.

They're having a sale of Dolphin jersey's over at Kids R' Us

fishypete said:

haha nice man! I just watched a couple interviews on him...down to earth kid who just loves football, hes had games in college where hes taken over 30+ carries in the game so he can carry the load...believe me hes just as hard to take down as a carnell williams or a cedric benson is...its just at 5''5 and 180 lbs. its turning lots of people down. He showed at the senior bowl how good he can be against the top seniors and ran up and down the field on them with ease! Also i heard that in his junior year he torched the #1 defense in the country Oklahoma for 335 total yards of offense

As someone who lives in the area and watches the Big 12.. I don't think he will ever be an every-down back.

He reminds me of Dante Hall, if any of you remember, he was a running back at Texas A&M and we drafted him as such. The general feeling before he broke out as a kick returner was that he was pretty mucha bust, though.

I can see Sproles as an explosive returner and someone who could have a role in an NFL offense, but... the guy is a midget.

Cochise said:
As someone who lives in the area and watches the Big 12.. I don't think he will ever be an every-down back.

He reminds me of Dante Hall, if any of you remember, he was a running back at Texas A&M and we drafted him as such. The general feeling before he broke out as a kick returner was that he was pretty mucha bust, though.

I can see Sproles as an explosive returner and someone who could have a role in an NFL offense, but... the guy is a midget.

a midget who can flat out run! hes also very hard to bring down once he gets rolling

This guy definitely wouldnt solve our problem at RB. A team that already has there featured back and is looking for a change of pace guy or a 3rd down back should take a chance on him, but not us. If you think this guy can carry the ball 30X's a game if need be you are mistaken imo.

Buddwalk said:
a midget who can flat out run! hes also very hard to bring down once he gets rolling

Hey, I hope he has success in the NFL. I'm rooting for him. But, when you think about the NFL, he's going to run against 11 guys who were in the upper echelon of the people he would have faced in college.

I can see him being a great return man, someone you put in to catch the ball or move in motion out to the slot to catch passes, that kind of thing. But, 20 carries a game in the NFL?

He'll come in the middle rounds probably, someone will pick him and he'll get his chance. He does seem like a down to earth kid who feeds off people doubting him.

Back
Top Bottom