Official 2005/06 NCAA Basketball Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005/06 NCAA Basketball Thread

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Duke fan in the house. Figured I'd start a thread for all Non-UNC fans. This is the Blue Devils year boy....GO DUKE!

I'm not a Nova fan by any means, but just like 03 i'm on the bandwagon of the Philly hoops chances at another National Title, and Nova has a solid squad here. It will be interesting to see how far they can go....

Go Illini

clear.gif

phunwin said:
The 'CUSE!!!!

Not this year. Im a Cuse fan but this isn't our year.

Next year we get Paul Harris who will take us to that top level again. And the following year we have 4 Top 20 prospects and our best recruiting class ever (Ranked #1 recruiting class in the country). Those those 4 with Devo and Harris and we will be on top for a while.

We will struggle this year though.

UCONN!!!

Randall Gay and Josh Boone are finna tear it up, Duke vs Uconn in the championship.

Alot of Big East fans on this site. Seton Hall fan here.. yeah I know, we're going to have problems scoring again this year. The program hasn't recovered from the loss of Andre Barrett and Samuel Dalembert.

Although I do like what the Sophmore Guard Brian Laing offers us. He's gonna have a nice career there.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Duke ripped Texas a new ******* today. Duke is the truth this season!

Looked great yesterday as I expected they would but they still have a long way to go, most of this year they have playd very un-duke like w/ the talent they have but yesterday was a good start. Congrats on the win.

nyjunc said:
Looked great yesterday as I expected they would but they still have a long way to go, most of this year they have playd very un-duke like w/ the talent they have but yesterday was a good start. Congrats on the win.

I agree Duke has been very shaky early and nearly lost to V-Tech (although they always play us tough for some reason) but with that said I love what I am seeing out of Williams and Redick. They're leaders and are showing the young players on this team how to lead. Paulus is a solid point guard and makes great passes and Dockery has improved 10 fold. McRoberts finally looked good yesterday, using his size and strength to out muscle guys for rebounds. He needs to stop playing tentative and realize he's a monster and do what he did yesterday every game. We all know Duke isn't the same team when Williams is in foul trouble (which he always seems to be in big spots) so he's going to have to step up because he'll be thrust into big situation because of Williams foul trouble. I still can't wait for Nelson to return from injury, he's one of those hard nosed players who doesn't mind doing the dirty work. Even though he doesn't look like it, he's a hell of a rebounder and despite Duke being undefeated they have been out-rebounded in a few games this season. Redick is going to be player of the year and is on another planet. I think last year when we lost to Mich. St. in the sweet 16 he didn't take enough shots and I think Ewing tried to take over the game to much (which was his right, he was the Sr.) but this season it's JJ's team and I think he will (or should) take it upon himself to put this team on his shoulders if he has to (which he did yesterday). Add Coach K and Johnny Dawkins on the sidelines and I like our chances. Texas may be overrated as far as being # 2 ranked in the country but their definitely a top 10 team and when u beat them by 31, you have a hell of a team. Add Melchionni to the mix and this team is unstoppable! :lol:

Redick is going to be player of the year and is on another planet. I think last year when we lost to Mich. St. in the sweet 16 he didn't take enough shots and I think Ewing tried to take over the game to much (which was his right, he was the Sr.) but this season it's JJ's team and I think he will (or should) take it upon himself to put this team on his shoulders if he has

This is where I disagree w/ you, JJ was 4 of 14- how many more shots did you want him to take? He has alwasy come up small in big spots and has been a horrible NCAA Tourney player for some reason. My guess is he just wears down, it's happened all 3 years and he has alot to prove this year come March.

MikeO said:
Not this year. Im a Cuse fan but this isn't our year.

Next year we get Paul Harris who will take us to that top level again. And the following year we have 4 Top 20 prospects and our best recruiting class ever (Ranked #1 recruiting class in the country). Those those 4 with Devo and Harris and we will be on top for a while.

We will struggle this year though.

No, this is not our year, I wholeheartedly agree. I love Gerry Mac, but he's one of the more overrated players to ever don the orange. He was a better player as a sophomore than he is now, if that makes any sense.

So, wait, I'm missing something here: SU has the #1 recruiting class in the country next year? I thought that was Ohio State. Or are you talking about 2007? And if so, can guys really commit to a program as juniors in high school?

So, wait, I'm missing something here: SU has the #1 recruiting class in the country next year? I thought that was Ohio State. Or are you talking about 2007? And if so, can guys really commit to a program as juniors in high school?

UNC has the #1 class next year w/ OSU a close #2, SU has a big time '07 class coming in.

Back
Top Bottom