**OFFICIAL 2006 NFL DRAFT THREAD - Day 2** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL 2006 NFL DRAFT THREAD - Day 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some good talent falling like a rock in this draft.
Orien Harris
Ryan O'Callaghan
Guy Whimper
Mark Anderson
Montavious Stanley
Jon Scott
Rod Wright
Baba Oshinowo
Jon Lewis
Man I wish we had a pick in the 5th

Perhaps Scott is still in the cards in the 7th. Maybe Houck wants to run an OL with three tackles and just one guard. ;)

J Tes said:
Orien Harris
Ryan O'Callaghan
Guy Whimper
Mark Anderson
Montavious Stanley
Jon Scott
Rod Wright
Baba Oshinowo
Jon Lewis

The thing about Scott and Wright that I just don't get is that they were both potential top 15 picks before the season started, had good seasons, and plummeted. Both are exceptional leaders, smart on and off the field and never have gotten in trouble. SO why the hell this?

Toledo's NFL.com profile;

Toledo worked out at the Combine, but did no jumps or shuttles. He ran one 40 (5.11 and 5.19 on two watches) and did 32 lifts at Washington's Pro Day on March 10. He had a 32-inch vertical jump, 8-foot-3 broad jump, 4.66 short shuttle and 7.92 three-cone drill. Played tight end and defensive end in high school. Played tight end until 2005 season. He started the season at left tackle, missed five games, then returned and played three games at right tackle. He's a good athlete with good speed. The question is: Can he play left tackle? If so, he'll be a good second-day pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/toledo_joe

J Tes said:
Orien Harris
Ryan O'Callaghan
Guy Whimper
Mark Anderson
Montavious Stanley
Jon Scott
Rod Wright
Baba Oshinowo
Jon Lewis
We Did have a 5th and drafted Manny Wright. So the quesiton is, are any of those players better at this point in the draft than Manny Wright?

EBMisfit said:
Or Saban could just be looking for back-ups/competition.

It's going to be some pretty cut-throat competition. We have:

McIntosh
Shelton
Carey
Pearson
Alabi
Toledo
Smith
Pape

You have to figure that if all of them stay T, no more than 5 of them make the team.

Jimmy James said:
Perhaps Scott is still in the cards in the 7th. Maybe Houck wants to run an OL with three tackles and just one guard. ;)

We could've taken Mike Williams over that Pearhead guy or Shelton. I think Nick just doesn't like Texas players apart from Ricky. Maybe he thinks they all turn out to be suspension bound airheads.

HysterikiLL said:
The thing about Scott and Wright that I just don't get is that they were both potential top 15 picks before the season started, had good seasons, and plummeted. Both are exceptional leaders, smart on and off the field and never have gotten in trouble. SO why the hell this?
Maybe they'll both drop to the seventh, where Saban can scoop them up.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom