Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 21s
Wow. Odrick just shed block by Keller by tossing him aside. Impressive.

Always been a big odrick fan, under appreciated player around here

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m
#dolphin working multiple players catching punts but @Thiggy34 is so smooth and reliable it's not really a competition. He's excellent.

Also a big thinpen fan!

James Walker@JamesWalkerESPN57s
#Dolphins WR Brandon Gibson is looking more and more comfortable in the slot. Good size, good hands.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly51s
Vaughn Martin gets a would be sack of Matt Moore. He follows it up by tipping Moore's pass at the LOS on the next play. He's ballin today.

A signing nobody really paid much attention to

Havent heard a single mention all week of the WR Chad Bumphis hoops and a few others are high on

Have heard A few mentions of Will Davis at various times today though, pretty much for the first time

Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly
46s
Will Davis deflects a Matt Moore pass to Armon Binns. Diving deflection.

i never thought hartline had a large catch radius...don't really understand that statement...he can make some plays away from his body but he's not a go up an get it guy and he makes most his catches with his body when the balls in front of him...

anyways...gibson is evidently impressing in the slot...even philbin has taken notice...kinda surprised he's able to work in that traffic and feel coverage so well but lots of good buzz about it

thigpen should have both the returner jobs...if he's fielding punts without issue no brainer...

i would expect a de/dt like odrick to toss keller like a rag doll...so not much to get stoked about there...he should

yeah i haven't heard a word about bumphis yet either...i kinda wonder if he's buried right now on the depth chart behind guys like binns and mathews etc and some of the guys who were here last year like fuller and maybe even mcnutt...but he'll get his chances to show some things in the preseason and to put out some good tape and i imagine we'll see some guys come up and go down the depth chart off of those full pads work...there's zero doubt in my mind he's a pro...whether it's here or not though is another story...and he doesn't have great top end speed so that may be something they want to stay away from...faster than bess but not a burner...

Havent heard a single mention all week of the WR Chad Bumphis hoops and a few others are high on

Have heard A few mentions of Will Davis at various times today though, pretty much for the first time

Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly
46s
Will Davis deflects a Matt Moore pass to Armon Binns. Diving deflection.

This is what Davis excels at and presumably what drew Coyle/Philbin/Ireland to him. He can be quite "Grimes-like" with tight, athletic coverage. It's the tackling aspect you have to watch through your fingers a bit.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m
Interception of Ryan Tannehill by Dannell Ellerbe in 7 on 7.

Ellerbe seems to have had a really strong day with pads on, have seen him sack, break up passes and now get an int

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly7m
Dannell Ellerbe just picked off Tannehill during 7-on-7. Wasn't pretty. Stepped right in front of Tannehill's target.

i never thought hartline had a large catch radius...don't really understand that statement...he can make some plays away from his body but he's not a go up an get it guy and he makes most his catches with his body when the balls in front of him...

anyways...gibson is evidently impressing in the slot...even philbin has taken notice...kinda surprised he's able to work in that traffic and feel coverage so well but lots of good buzz about it

thigpen should have both the returner jobs...if he's fielding punts without issue no brainer...

i would expect a de/dt like odrick to toss keller like a rag doll...so not much to get stoked about there...he should

Brian Hartline has a great catching radius. How balls did he catch along the sideline, tight-roping the toes in bounds? Total disagreement with you. He is a great route runner than can bailout a QB with hands and footwork.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m
Interception of Ryan Tannehill by Dannell Ellerbe in 7 on 7.

Ellerbe seems to have had a really strong day with pads on, have seen him sack, break up passes and now get an int

That's his second one today. After struggling with this in OTA's, it's disturbing that is is continuing into camp.

Tannehill will always be a good QB throwing intermediate routes. I question his ball placement and accuracy on deep routes. For RT to be successful, he needs strong route runners in the intermediate area and receivers with a big catching radius...hence RT hooking up with Hartline last year and Keller early in camp. Makes me wonder about RT and Wallace though.

You actually may want to rethink your position, Tannehill threw the most interceptions last year in the short/intermediate, middle part of the field. He also was money throwing to Hartline deep on the right side of the field. His was pretty poor throwing deep to the left side of the field but as the link shows look who he was throwing too. Having Wallace and Hartline both lined up outside the numbers will only increase his numbers. Here's a write up describing everyone of his throws last year.

http://www.phinfever.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=940

Tannehill and Wallace are already starting to gel in camp as it appears Wallace is already becoming his favorite target. Here's a write up from Phinsider yesterday describing the 9 or more hookups they had yesterday. It's probably the best write up of practice to date.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/7/22/4545654/a-phinsider-look-at-training-camp-day-2

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 54s
Emeka Onyenekwu tackles Marcus Thigpen for a loss on a running play. He came right up the gut.
Expand

A player to keep an eye on, I have heard it mentioned that he has a fantastic spin move

You actually may want to rethink your position, Tannehill threw the most interceptions last year in the short/intermediate, middle part of the field. He also was money throwing to Hartline deep on the right side of the field. His was pretty poor throwing deep to the left side of the field but as the link shows look who he was throwing too. Having Wallace and Hartline both lined up outside the numbers will only increase his numbers. Here's a write up describing everyone of his throws last year.

http://www.phinfever.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=940

Tannehill and Wallace are already starting to gel in camp as it appears Wallace is already becoming his favorite target. Here's a write up from Phinsider yesterday describing the 9 or more hookups they had yesterday. It's probably the best write up of practice to date.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/7/22/4545654/a-phinsider-look-at-training-camp-day-2

And Hartline should average even more a catch and get his 70-80 yards a game with Wallace in there - I picture Wallace collecting his 10 catches a game 100 yards a lot of short yardage stuff, with the chance of breaking it deep and Hartline his 5-7 receptions

You're not worried? Throwing multiple picks at practice is never a good sign. Especially when it's not an isolated incident.

No im not worried about 2 picks on the third day of camp with an O line that is getting shredded by the d line and recievers learning the systems and getting used to contact again. Not worried in the slightest. Show me a QB that doesn't throw ints in training camp and I will call you a lier.

The defense is definitely getting the better of the offense today, but that is to be expected at the beginning of camp. Especially with all the new pieces on offense. LT, RT, WRs, TEs, RB. This defensive dominance won't last long.

Back
Top Bottom