Official 76ers Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

A GM constructs a fatally flawed team.....the team doesn't win. Who's to blame? The coach of course.

A GM constructs a fatally flawed team.....the team doesn't win. Who's to blame? The coach of course.

Yeah, Mo was the scapegoat, but something clearly had to be done and therefore I don't disagree with the move. Now Stefanski has no excuses. He brought Brand in and blew off the OBVIOUS NEED FOR A SHOOTER. This guy has put together a team where nobody can shoot the ball from the outside.

This isn't the only move the Sixers need to make if they want to contend this year. Maybe they could trade some of their young talent for a shooter like Redd.

As for Brand, the guy simply isn't healthy and the move looks terrible, ala Grant Hill and Orlando. Brand isn't himself physically and now he is losing confidence.

All us Sixer fans are disappointed and to me this year is basically done. We may eke into the playoffs, but then we'll get waxed. Hopefully next year Brand will be healthy and we'll have a guy who can actually shoot the ball from twenty feet out.

Sad to see Cheeks go but it needed to happen. Too much talent on this team to be playing this poorly. But as stated above, Sixers will not contend until somebody can hit some jump shots. Brand has been playing pretty good for the chances he's gotten. Kind of hard to do too much when Brand gets double teamed everytime he touches the ball due the inability to shoot the ball. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Lou Williams needs to start over Miller. Iggy needs to stay, and hopefully work on that jumper real hard in the offseason, if not, trade him for a dangerous shooter. Thad Young is the best player on the team imo. Speights is a beast and needs more Playing Time. Dalembert needs to be dealt somewhere else. I actually think theres still a little hope for this team this season. If not, well then at least we know what our problem is, we can't shoot the ball for **** outside of 10 feet.

Wow. Not a bad debut for the new coach. Brand drops 27 points. Dalembert with 17 rebounds. Miller dishes 12 assists. Hopefully we can play complete games like this consistently. Not to mention Dalembert and Tony DiLeo have a very good relationship. I'm glad to hear this because Sammy has the potential to be one of the best Centers in the NBA and he's certainly one of my favorite players on the team.

i feel bad for mo he is a class guy but this team was horrible and the chemistry wasnt there, sorry mo i had heard flip saunders was intersted in job last week ...yuck

Sad to see Cheeks go but it needed to happen. Too much talent on this team to be playing this poorly. But as stated above, Sixers will not contend until somebody can hit some jump shots. Brand has been playing pretty good for the chances he's gotten. Kind of hard to do too much when Brand gets double teamed everytime he touches the ball due the inability to shoot the ball. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Lou Williams needs to start over Miller. Iggy needs to stay, and hopefully work on that jumper real hard in the offseason, if not, trade him for a dangerous shooter. Thad Young is the best player on the team imo. Speights is a beast and needs more Playing Time. Dalembert needs to be dealt somewhere else. I actually think theres still a little hope for this team this season. If not, well then at least we know what our problem is, we can't shoot the ball for **** outside of 10 feet.

why doesnt rush play more he cna shot...sam does need to go u r right

why doesnt rush play more he cna shot...sam does need to go u r right
Hopefully he will get more playing time now. He is easily the best outside shooter on the the team. As for Dalembert, I might of over reacted on him. Dalembert has loads of talent, Cheeks wasn't able to bring it out of him, and I think DiLeo will. DiLeo and Sammy have a great relationship. Funny how in Tony's 1st game as coach, Sammy has a great game with 17 boards. Hopefully this coaching change is what will bring out Sam's full potential.

i feel bad for mo he is a class guy but this team was horrible and the chemistry wasnt there, sorry mo i had heard flip saunders was intersted in job last week ...yuck
Class act and one of the Sixers all time greats on the defensive side of the ball. Too bad it didnt work out though. He will make a great defensive assistant coach somewhere though.

So you folks calling Mo Cheeks the scapegoat for Stefanski's mistakes actually think Mo Cheeks is a good coach? That's just silly.

I personally think Stefanski has done a solid job so far with this team. I know the team can't shoot, not from the perimeter, not even from the foul line. But at the same time they haven't a dominant low post player in years, and Elton Brand IS that when he's healthy. Unfortunately the Sixers are still tied up with Samuel Dalembert, who is absolutely horrible and immovable and will be making Sixer fans miserable for years to come. You can thank Billy King for that one.

This team needs to get back to it's strength, playing the fast break. Apparently Tony DiLeo knows how to emphasize that.

So you folks calling Mo Cheeks the scapegoat for Stefanski's mistakes actually think Mo Cheeks is a good coach? That's just silly.

I personally think Stefanski has done a solid job so far with this team. I know the team can't shoot, not from the perimeter, not even from the foul line. But at the same time they haven't a dominant low post player in years, and Elton Brand IS that when he's healthy. Unfortunately the Sixers are still tied up with Samuel Dalembert, who is absolutely horrible and immovable and will be making Sixer fans miserable for years to come. You can thank Billy King for that one.

This team needs to get back to it's strength, playing the fast break. Apparently Tony DiLeo knows how to emphasize that.
I'm on the fence with Dalembert. Speights looks like the real deal, but Dalembert is an amzing rebounder/shotblocker. Hopefully DiLeo can bring out that full potential of him.

No. What is silly is you thinking Stefanski has done a good job despite no proof. What has he done? These are Billy King's players by and large.

What Stefanski has done is pay $80 million to Iggy, a guy who has proved nothing, and given $80 million to Brand who so far hasn't come close to living up to expectations, and I'm hoping the guy isn't damaged goods. He also brought in Kareem Rush and Ivey, guys who have sucked everywhere they have been and who are continuing to suck here. Oh, and his move to bring in Ratliff? Earth shattering.

The biggest thing this team needed was a shooter. Every Sixer fan knew that, and yet he basically ignored it.

When you dole out $160 million plus dollars as a GM, it would be nice to be at least close to .500.

So tell me, what has Stefanski done to show you he is doing a "solid job"?

No. What is silly is you thinking Stefanski has done a good job despite no proof. What has he done? These are Billy King's players by and large.

What Stefanski has done is pay $80 million to Iggy, a guy who has proved nothing, and given $80 million to Brand who so far hasn't come close to living up to expectations, and I'm hoping the guy isn't damaged goods. He also brought in Kareem Rush and Ivey, guys who have sucked everywhere they have been and who are continuing to suck here. Oh, and his move to bring in Ratliff? Earth shattering.

The biggest thing this team needed was a shooter. Every Sixer fan knew that, and yet he basically ignored it.

When you dole out $160 million plus dollars as a GM, it would be nice to be at least close to .500.

So tell me, what has Stefanski done to show you he is doing a "solid job"?
Brand will not be Chris Webber V2. I will guarantee that. Brand has looked really good at times this year. However I have to agree, 80 Million to Iggy is way too much for a guy who cant shoot the ball consistently. Can Iggy improve his shooting? Of course he can. Iggy has showed he can be a very good shooter, but he doesnt do it consistently. If he gets that jumper down, then I will thank Stefanski for it. As for Brand, I like him, and he will be great for us, but we should've went with Josh Smith. He fits this team much better.

to me, it seemed like the 6ers tried to be a half court team, but they don't have the pieces for that.

Sucks for Cheeks as I like the guy, he's just really bad at X's and O's. Great motivator, but horrible at plays. IMO he'd be best served as a college HC

the thing this team needs to do is get into the lottery again and hope for a good frontcourt player or great shooting guard....lou williams needs to start at point next yr. miller is a free agent maybe they can get a late 1st rd for him,

Back
Top Bottom