Official 76ers Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

the thing this team needs to do is get into the lottery again and hope for a good frontcourt player or great shooting guard....lou williams needs to start at point next yr. miller is a free agent maybe they can get a late 1st rd for him,
Lou should definately start. Miller should be traded some time soon.

Lots of people to look at for the draft. Some of my favorites:

Stephen Curry, Guard, Davidson: Averaging 32 points a game, 7 assists, and 3 steals. I would literally **** myself if we got this kid. One of the best shooters in the draft. Good passer. Plays very good defense, hell, had 9 steals against Guilford, 9!, That's unheard of. At 6'3", he'd make a good Shooting Guard.

A.J. Abrams, Guard, Texas: Averaging 21 PPG, and shooting 47% from beyond the arc. This guy has an amazing jumper. Too bad he's only 5-11 though, so can't play at Shooting Guard.

Darren Collison, Guard, UCLA. Very, very good shooting touch. Averages 15 points a game, 5 assists. Shooting 54% from 3 and 96% on Free Throws. Only 6'0" so he'd have to play Point as well.

Lots of candidates to choose from, but if it's shooters you want, hard to find anybody better than these 3.

Another scenario to think about. Michael Redd isn't happy in Milwaukee. They need a Point and a Center. Perhaps we could work out a trade involving Miller and Dalembert? Very possible, and I'd welcome it with open arms. Redd is one of the best shooters in the NBA hands down.

Stephen Curry, Guard, Davidson: Averaging 32 points a game, 7 assists, and 3 steals. I would literally **** myself if we got this kid. One of the best shooters in the draft. Good passer. Plays very good defense, hell, had 9 steals against Guilford, 9!, That's unheard of. At 6'3", he'd make a good Shooting Guard.

A.J. Abrams, Guard, Texas: Averaging 21 PPG, and shooting 47% from beyond the arc. This guy has an amazing jumper. Too bad he's only 5-11 though, so can't play at Shooting Guard.

Darren Collison, Guard, UCLA. Very, very good shooting touch. Averages 15 points a game, 5 assists. Shooting 54% from 3 and 96% on Free Throws. Only 6'0" so he'd have to play Point as well.

Lots of candidates to choose from, but if it's shooters you want, hard to find anybody better than these 3.

Another scenario to think about. Michael Redd isn't happy in Milwaukee. They need a Point and a Center. Perhaps we could work out a trade involving Miller and Dalembert? Very possible, and I'd welcome it with open arms. Redd is one of the best shooters in the NBA hands down.

A Redd trade would be great, and it makes sense for both teams at this point. As for Lou starting, don't discount Miller.

How about starting them both, with Williams at the 2 spot?

Finally, as for Brand getting hurt, what a total bust this signing looks like. Another Webber for 5 more years. You think it might have been better to sign Josh Smith for less? He would've fit right in with the up tempo style. How would you like to have him and Iggy on the wings during the break. But no, we go for the older, plodding guy who just tore an achilles.

Perhaps Brand can turn it around, if not this franchise is crippled for another half decade.

A Redd trade would be great, and it makes sense for both teams at this point. As for Lou starting, don't discount Miller.

How about starting them both, with Williams at the 2 spot?

Finally, as for Brand getting hurt, what a total bust this signing looks like. Another Webber for 5 more years. You think it might have been better to sign Josh Smith for less? He would've fit right in with the up tempo style. How would you like to have him and Iggy on the wings during the break. But no, we go for the older, plodding guy who just tore an achilles.

Perhaps Brand can turn it around, if not this franchise is crippled for another half decade.
Yes, we should've got Josh Smith. He fits our team much better. As for Brand, he will not be another Webber. Unfortunately, I don't think he will shine for us until next season. Unfortunatley, he will be out a month with a dislocated shoulder. On a positive note, Speights will get alot more playing time.

i would love redd, but not sure if they get him...bogut is there and i seriously doubt that they would take sam and his contract perhaps if we toke villanueva and his contract maybe....im no fan of villanueva but if they could land redd it would be a move in the right direction

i would love redd, but not sure if they get him...bogut is there and i seriously doubt that they would take sam and his contract perhaps if we toke villanueva and his contract maybe....im no fan of villanueva but if they could land redd it would be a move in the right direction
I would much rather keep Sammy. But to get Redd, they will definately want Sammy and will give us Villanueva. Not a big fan of him either, but you do what you got to do, to get a great shooter like Redd. Villa can shoot fairly well, so I wouldn't mind him as the backup PF over Evans because Evans is quite uselss. Sure he might be "tough", sure he might be a good rebounder. Too bad he couldn't put the ball in the basket if his life depended on it. Not very good on D either.

I would much rather keep Sammy. But to get Redd, they will definately want Sammy and will give us Villanueva. Not a big fan of him either, but you do what you got to do, to get a great shooter like Redd. Villa can shoot fairly well, so I wouldn't mind him as the backup PF over Evans because Evans is quite uselss. Sure he might be "tough", sure he might be a good rebounder. Too bad he couldn't put the ball in the basket if his life depended on it. Not very good on D either.

im a uconn huskies fan and let me tell u villanueva is a joke. With all his talent he never worked hard at all. His attitude always sucked and palying defense for him is worse then evans, who i agree is a joke. We need players who can rebound and score here, i loved when brand was brought here but in retrospect i wondered how could he fit in a untempo offense like this- 16 and 10 aint cutting it and now he is gone for a month..i know josh smith would of bene matched by the hawks any money his way from the sixers but why spend it this year they could of out it off, for another year like some 2 said earlier chris webber part 2

im a uconn huskies fan and let me tell u villanueva is a joke. With all his talent he never worked hard at all. His attitude always sucked and palying defense for him is worse then evans, who i agree is a joke. We need players who can rebound and score here, i loved when brand was brought here but in retrospect i wondered how could he fit in a untempo offense like this- 16 and 10 aint cutting it and now he is gone for a month..i know josh smith would of bene matched by the hawks any money his way from the sixers but why spend it this year they could of out it off, for another year like some 2 said earlier chris webber part 2
I agree. Villanueva is a joke. But the way I see it is:

Andre Miller and Dalembert < Michael Redd and Villanueva

Brand will turn out to be a great pickup for us. The time off will give him more rest for his Achilles. Not to mention I put alot of the blame on Maurice Cheeks for not using him correctly. We didn't use many Pick and Pops with Brand, which is one of the things hes best at. I've liked what I have seen from DiLeo so far, so we shall see.

dileo is not the answer to our problems i hate to say this but i rather end up in the lottery with a top 10 pick then make the playoffs again and be out in the 1st rd...as it stands they would be the 7 or 8 seed, no way they r beating the celtics,magic or cavs...

dileo is not the answer to our problems i hate to say this but i rather end up in the lottery with a top 10 pick then make the playoffs again and be out in the 1st rd...as it stands they would be the 7 or 8 seed, no way they r beating the celtics,magic or cavs...
DiLeo may not be the answer to our problems, but I certainly like him as an answer to next years head coaching job. He's 3-0 as the coach, and I like what I've seen.

DiLeo may not be the answer to our problems, but I certainly like him as an answer to next years head coaching job. He's 3-0 as the coach, and I like what I've seen.

sure its great to win three in a row, but lets look at who they beat..the wizards twice and the bucks..beat boston twice and the cavs, then we will start talking how great Dileo is...i still say get in the lottery, there will be some good players in this years draft...they would be wise to lose some more games

sure its great to win three in a row, but lets look at who they beat..the wizards twice and the bucks..beat boston twice and the cavs, then we will start talking how great Dileo is...i still say get in the lottery, there will be some good players in this years draft...they would be wise to lose some more games
3 in a row is impressive no matter who the Sixers beat, considering they can't shoot the ball at all. As for playing to get in the lottery, although that might be in our best interest, I will never want to that. Playing to lose is a joke in any sport imo.

3 in a row is impressive no matter who the Sixers beat, considering they can't shoot the ball at all. As for playing to get in the lottery, although that might be in our best interest, I will never want to that. Playing to lose is a joke in any sport imo.

who said athing about playing to lose, just keep up what they r doing when they play good talent and lose.. lol that simple...

Did I mention Lou Williams is a beast :d-day:. Add Speights and Thad Young to that list. Congrats to Andre Miller on his Triple Double. A true PG, going to miss him being he won't be on this team next year :( Thank god the young talent on this team is amazing.

Did I mention Lou Williams is a beast :d-day:. Add Speights and Thad Young to that list. Congrats to Andre Miller on his Triple Double. A true PG, going to miss him being he won't be on this team next year :( Thank god the young talent on this team is amazing.

i love the 3 u mentioned..those r the future...speights looks to be like a good player...this injury to brand is a blessing in disguise...we need to add a true shooting guard in the draft...sam isnt going anywherre so lets face facts.....shooting is number 1 option...number two would be a center who isnt afraid to rebound eveyr night...sam plays hard but dissapears from night to night...young to me is more suited as a 3...that is why iggy signing didnt make sense...i love him but young cant play the 3, who knows what lays ahead

i love the 3 u mentioned..those r the future...speights looks to be like a good player...this injury to brand is a blessing in disguise...we need to add a true shooting guard in the draft...sam isnt going anywherre so lets face facts.....shooting is number 1 option...number two would be a center who isnt afraid to rebound eveyr night...sam plays hard but dissapears from night to night...young to me is more suited as a 3...that is why iggy signing didnt make sense...i love him but young cant play the 3, who knows what lays ahead
Agreed. Lou will be starting at PG next year. I would love to have Andre Miller back though. He would be great coming off the bench or for small lineups with him at PG and Lou at SG. Miller is one of my favorite players on the team, he just always brings his all, and is a true PG. Thaddeous Young I don't see starting unless we deal Iggy, which is unlikely. However, I don't mind that at all. Ever since Thad was put on the bench, we have started playing alot better. While Thad was starting, our starters would always work up a nice lead, then the bench would come in and let the opponent right back in the game. But since DiLeo has taken over, our bench has played outstanding ball. What does every great team have? A great bench. Thad could be our Role Player, just like Posey was last year for the Celtics. He could come in at SF and play PF in our small lineups. Speights is just a monster. Dalembert's job is in jeapordy if Speights keeps up the great work. Dalembert is definately trade bait. People seem to be forgetting that theirs another big man on this team with tons of potential, Jason Smith. 7 footer with an all around game. Can rebound, block shots, and hit the mid range jumper. Coaching staff really likes this kid. Looked pretty good in Summer League too. Can't wait for him to recover from his injury so he can get some Playing Time. Last but not least, Royal Ivey I believe is being groomed to be the back up PG judging by the Playing Time he has been getting. He could use some work on his shooting, but this kid plays some great defense.

We have alot of young talent on this team, which is always a great thing. I'm pretty sure some trades involving a true Shooting Guard are being discussed. And it's already a guarantee we look for shooters in Free Agency and a SG in the draft. Future looks bright though.

Back
Top Bottom