Official 76ers Thread | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

you guys better hope bron doesn't go to chicago and lure another top free agent with him...now that thibs is in the house as head coach in chi town defense will be played by the bulls...

if that does happen the nba is gonna be oklahoma city and chicagos play house in this decade...

rumor that the wolves have offered the sixers pick #4 and #16 for #2...

also saw where the sixers are supposedly considering derrick favors with #2 who came in at a legitimate 6 ft 10 plus when measured...that's ideal pf size...

this top 5 draft is better than i thought...

rumor that the wolves have offered the sixers pick #4 and #16 for #2...

also saw where the sixers are supposedly considering derrick favors with #2 who came in at a legitimate 6 ft 10 plus when measured...that's ideal pf size...

this top 5 draft is better than i thought...

It isn't true in the slightest. Both of those were reported by Chad Ford, the least credible guy in the business. Just throwing **** on the wall and see what sticks. Sixers aren't trading #2, 100% chance they won't. Now obviously, if someone were to offer some extraordinary trade proposal we do it, but #4 and #16 for #2 is a complete joke, and I wouldn't take #4, #16, Al Jefferson, and Ellington for #2 and Brand either, not at all. They like Favors, as do I, but it's Turner, and that's not going to change.

you guys better hope bron doesn't go to chicago and lure another top free agent with him...now that thibs is in the house as head coach in chi town defense will be played by the bulls...

if that does happen the nba is gonna be oklahoma city and chicagos play house in this decade...

I have to disagree. I like OKC, but the Bulls are overrated. Noah is overrated. I don't think LeBron and Rose would co-exist that well. They both need the ball in their hands. Neither can shoot. What else? Gibson? Johnson? Nothing special. Heinrich is decent, and Deng will need to go. Thibs is a great defensive coash, and I was pissed when we hired Jordan over him last year, but there's no guarantee he'll work out as a head coach.

If LeBron was smart, he'd go to the Nets. It's been proven, you need three things to win a championship. An elite scorer, a dominant big man, and defense. A front court of LeBron, Lopez, and Favors would be amazing. With Favors, Lopez, Dooling, Harris, Lee, and Williams you have some real good defensive pieces. And Avery Johnson is a good head coach as well. I'd be much more scared of LeBron on the Nets than the Bulls, not even close really.

^^^ if bron brings another top free agent piece with him to chicago i think that team would be very formidable...bron by himself i agree not enough

i agree that noah is overrated...

how do you know that its absolutely guaranteed turner with #2??? that's probably the way i'd go also if he's healthy but how do you know for sure

^^^ if bron brings another top free agent piece with him to chicago i think that team would be very formidable...bron by himself i agree not enough

i agree that noah is overrated...

how do you know that its absolutely guaranteed turner with #2??? that's probably the way i'd go also if he's healthy but how do you know for sure

I know a guy who knows a guy who talks with Stefanski regularly. The info he gives is usually correct. It was also reported that Stefanski was going to do everything in his power to trade up for Turner. Not Favors, or Cousins, but specifically Turner, and now he won't have to trade up.

Now obviously Stefanski very well could trade the pick or take Favors, but from what I've been told, it's not going to happen. They aren't taking anybody over Turner, and they aren't trading #2 to dump Brand's salary, Collins made that clear as well. Only way they trade #2 is if someone offers an amazing trade, which #4 and #16, isn't even close to being.

As for LeBron, don't the Nets have room to bring someone else in with Lebron too?

EDIT - Just as I was writing this, read another article by Chad Ford, changins his stance now and saying that Turner is indeed the front runner and not Favors, saying "Since the mock draft I've gotten a number of strong signals from inside the Sixers organization that Turner is the guy they'll take at No. 2." What a tool.

It isn't true in the slightest. Both of those were reported by Chad Ford, the least credible guy in the business. Just throwing **** on the wall and see what sticks. Sixers aren't trading #2, 100% chance they won't. Now obviously, if someone were to offer some extraordinary trade proposal we do it, but #4 and #16 for #2 is a complete joke, and I wouldn't take #4, #16, Al Jefferson, and Ellington for #2 and Brand either, not at all. They like Favors, as do I, but it's Turner, and that's not going to change.
I don't trust what I hear when it comes to the NBA from Chad Ford. I think that there is no way they trade the #2 pick. There is not a player the Sixers need more than Evan Turner. He will provide them with the shooting guard they truly need.

I have to disagree. I like OKC, but the Bulls are overrated. Noah is overrated. I don't think LeBron and Rose would co-exist that well. They both need the ball in their hands. Neither can shoot. What else? Gibson? Johnson? Nothing special. Heinrich is decent, and Deng will need to go. Thibs is a great defensive coash, and I was pissed when we hired Jordan over him last year, but there's no guarantee he'll work out as a head coach.

If LeBron was smart, he'd go to the Nets. It's been proven, you need three things to win a championship. An elite scorer, a dominant big man, and defense. A front court of LeBron, Lopez, and Favors would be amazing. With Favors, Lopez, Dooling, Harris, Lee, and Williams you have some real good defensive pieces. And Avery Johnson is a good head coach as well. I'd be much more scared of LeBron on the Nets than the Bulls, not even close really.

If LeBron was smart IMO he'd go to the Clippers. Yeah the team has been cursed for awhile, but with Kaman, Griffen, Davis, Gordon, Outlaw, Jordan, and a few others the Clippers have a good team to surround LeBron with

If LeBron was smart IMO he'd go to the Clippers. Yeah the team has been cursed for awhile, but with Kaman, Griffen, Davis, Gordon, Outlaw, Jordan, and a few others the Clippers have a good team to surround LeBron with

Clippers wouldn't be a bad choice, but I still think the Nets have better pieces. Imagine if they could bring in a guy like Joe Johnson with LeBron. What I'd love to see though, is this LeBron-Wade-Bosh thing happen.

if bron went to the clippers with the luck they have he'd probably tear his acl getting off the plane in los angeles...that team is snake bit

i don't see how the nets have better pieces than some of the other mentioned teams...the nets i think will make a play for carmelo in 2011...

if bron went to the clippers with the luck they have he'd probably tear his acl getting off the plane in los angeles...that team is snake bit

i don't see how the nets have better pieces than some of the other mentioned teams...the nets i think will make a play for carmelo in 2011...

The only piece the Bulls really have better than the Nets is Rose, and Harris is still a pretty good PG. Hinrich is good, but I'd rather have the trio of Williams, Lee, and Dooling, and if the Nets can bring in Joe Johnson as well watch out. Lopez is much better than Noah, and Derrick Favors is going to be a very good player. Some people compare him to Dwight Howard, I see him more as Stoudemire with defense. And all those pieces are young too. LeBron will make the Bulls a very good team, but not any team that's going to dominate the east for years. LeBron on the Nets really scares me, that front court alone would ensure a championship. LeBron on the Heat would scare me. I'm not sure Wade and LeBron could co-exist, but those two and Bosh would sure be interesting to watch.

hold up...if you think that by your own words favors is amare with defense what in gods green earth are you talking about taking evan turner over him for??? bigs are much harder to come by than shooting guards...even ones with plus length which turner has...but i wouldn't quantify turner as an overly explosive in the dwayne wade mode like talent...i think he's gonna be a heck of a pro but stoudemire with defense...that's sick

the safer pick is turner...but the upside is favors and based on what you said he reminds you of thats a perennial all pro big if favors checks out that way...

damn...

Will be interesting to see for sure. I think Iggy can be a a much better player sticking to a role, and not being the 1st scoring option. Let him defend, run, get back door cuts, and let him attack the rim. Like Collins said, less 3 pointers, more free throws.

Slow time for news. I can tell you though that the Sixers are shopping for another top 15 pick. Their top two targets are Cole Aldrich and Xavier Henry. I would LOVE Xavier Henry. Imagine a rotation at the 1-3 of Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Henry, Lou Williams/Jodie Meeks. If we could trade Lou and replace him with Henry, that would be great. Henry can shoot, handle the ball and attack the rim, and is a decent defender. If not Henry, Udoh/Aldrich are fine with me. Larry Sanders around #20 would be fine with me also. I've taken Whiteside off my board. While I like his talent, he's waaaaaaaaaay to arrogant about his skillset for me. Listening to his interviews, I'd be shocked if this kid is coachable.

I think the 76ers will have to offer more then Williams to get a top 15 pick. Maybe if Young is involved in the deal too. Lou by himself won't get a 1st rd alone imo. Henry is a better choice then Aldrich. Let's get off the Aldrich wagon for awhile. This guy is going to be a bum. Plain and simple. Nough said.

No worries amigo, no way in hell 76ers trade #2 pick. Stefanaski knows he is lucky to still be employed so he is gonna take no chances. Also lets factor in, not 1 player besides John Wall in this draft can equal the value of Evan Turner. Favors is a great player but he is a little raw. Turner is a beast, and is going to be a all-star in 3 season! T-wolves r just hoping and praying Eddie boy is that dumb to make a move.

hold up...if you think that by your own words favors is amare with defense what in gods green earth are you talking about taking evan turner over him for??? bigs are much harder to come by than shooting guards...even ones with plus length which turner has...but i wouldn't quantify turner as an overly explosive in the dwayne wade mode like talent...i think he's gonna be a heck of a pro but stoudemire with defense...that's sick

the safer pick is turner...but the upside is favors and based on what you said he reminds you of thats a perennial all pro big if favors checks out that way...

damn...

I should've said his ceiling is Stoudemire with defense. Favors is a remarkable athlete, who will dunk all over you, and has a mid range shot. He has some ways to go though to become the post scorer that Stoudemire has become. While he very well may have better potential than Turner, he's raw, and as you said Turner is the safer pick. I think Turner is going to be the best player in this draft class though when it's all said and done with. The guy does it all. Score, pass, defend, rebound. But if Favors develops a post game, he very well could be the best player in the draft class, but that's obviously not a given, and I personally don't think Favors will ever develop a great post game. I think he'll be a very good player though. I think Cousins is a better player than Favors to be honest. He has a post game, and a jumper, and great size. He'll never be the defender that Favors is, but he's better offensively. But he's a huge risk.

With Stefanski trying to save his job, he'll go with the safe pick for sure. Collins really likes Turner as well, and he has a pretty good resume when it comes to coaching wings. He was a great one himself.

Back
Top Bottom