Official 76ers Thread | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

i always liked nocioni when he was a bull if i recall correctly...tough get under your skin defender who can give you double digit scoring or so if given enough minutes...

hawes has great size and decent feet...i don't see him as a future top level nba starting center however...

i'm sure you guys won't take him but cousins of late has killed it in some team workouts and that kid has 20 ppg double digit rebounds potential long term at center...i really think some teams are gonna wish they didn't pass on him in not very long...i wish boston could get him...i like his footwork and nba body and soft touch...and impact bigs are so hard to come by...always lack something...

derrick favors is nice too...that body with legit 6 ft 10 plus length is great...and i read evan turner is a legit 6 ft 7...he could even play some small forward with that length...i swear i see a lot of paul pierce there...

Paul Pierce is a decent comparison, I think Brandon Roy is spot on though. I agree with you about Nociono. He's exactly the glue guy we need. Gives us shooting and phyiscal defense. I don't see Hawes as a top Center either, but I think he can develop into a pretty good one. Possibly a Chris Kaman with better range.

I wouldn't touch Cousins in the top 5. I agree that he has 20/10 potential, but the problem is, he could just as easily be Eddy Curry 2.0. Cousins has weight issues, has poor work ethic, and has behavioral issues. While I really want Turner, I wouldn't be pissed about getting Favors. Even if Favors never develops offensively, he's still going to be a great post defender imo. Can't say the same for Cousins, who's purely an offensive big. Favors has elite athleticism. We're talking Amar'e Stoudemire athleticism. He's always going to get a lot of lobs and dunks. But he's raw, and whether he ever develops anything offensively outside of dunks and mid range jumpers is a question mark.

Strange trade.....I can only assume its the precursor to other moves. Its like the Sixers are collecting PFs who can't rebound or play defense.

Cousins has all sorts of glaring red flags. I'd be very afraid if I were a GM.....he reminds me more of Derrick Coleman than Duncan. You just wonder what's going to happen after he cashes the first check.

Nocioni is more of a SF than a PF. I can guarantee this is a precursor to another trade. I've been hearing for a good while that Thad is as good as gone for a pick in the 10-15 range, which would end up as Cole Aldrich or Xavier Henry, possibly Ekpe Udoh. We won't be going into the season with 4 SF's on the roster, that's for sure. And we will definitely be trying to land a defensive big (Jerome Jordan or Soloman Alibi imo, both players the staff really likes, as I don't see Aldrich falling to that 10-15 range).

Noone is giving up a lottery pick for Thad. I understand picking up Nocioni, even if he doesn't start or get major minutes Collins will love him. Hawes is not a center though and probably never will be. He can score, but is he any better a prospect than Jason Smith? It just seems like you started with a team with one glaring hole and now have one with two. I get that Dalembert was inconsistent and I can see why you wouldn't lament him leaving. The problem is that defensive minded bigs are hard to find.

Noone is giving up a lottery pick for Thad. I understand picking up Nocioni, even if he doesn't start or get major minutes Collins will love him. Hawes is not a center though and probably never will be. He can score, but is he any better a prospect than Jason Smith? It just seems like you started with a team with one glaring hole and now have one with two. I get that Dalembert was inconsistent and I can see why you wouldn't lament him leaving. The problem is that defensive minded bigs are hard to find.

Philly has talked with both Toronto and Indiana about trading Thad for a lottery pick. Toronto is willing to trade #13, Jarrett jack, and Marco Bellinelli for Thad and Lou Williams, but only if they can trade Turkoglu. Philly also talked with Indiana about a Thad + Lou for #10 and Jeff Foster.

Defensive minded bigs are not really hard to find. Aldrich and Udoh are defensive minded bigs. Philly likes Aldrich a lot, and are shopping Thad for Aldrich, or Henry if Aldrich isn't available. Philly is also more than willing to land a later pick to land Soloman Alibi or Jerome Jordan, both defensive minded bigs, and both whom they like a lot. Derrick Favors, Larry Sanders, and Hassan Whiteside also are defensive minded bigs in the draft. There's a few more as well. There's also the possibility of trading for one as well.

I actually really like Jason Smith. But to answer the question, yes, Hawes is a better prospect. Hawes has a very nice offensive skillset. Good post game, good mid range game, has 3 point range, decent passer. Hawes has the potential to be a Chris Kaman/Brad Miller, can't really say the same for Smith, who doesn't even have the potential to be a starter imo.

there's risk with cousins no doubt...but when you put that legit nba size and body already with those feet and that soft touch and given how hard it is to find a center in the nba with good feet and able to develop as back to the basket players and a soft touch around the rim it's absolutely a risk worth taking...

ha...but i've always been a betting man so risk to me is second nature...

for me he'd have to go no later than pick #4 as is...and if he didn't have that poor attitude and leave you with a feeling that once he gets paid he may lay down i think he should be the #1 overall pick...the upside is tremendous...

but i'm a guy who believes bigs are paramount...i can find a shooting guard or a guy to distribute or a wing MUCH easier than i can a 20/10 guy in the middle...

and while i don't think he'll ever be a defensive stopper i do think other bigs are gonna have a tough time dealing with that size and strength to get their shots off...and he'll probably wear some guys down banging on them up and down the court...

there's risk with cousins no doubt...but when you put that legit nba size and body already with those feet and that soft touch and given how hard it is to find a center in the nba with good feet and able to develop as back to the basket players and a soft touch around the rim it's absolutely a risk worth taking...

ha...but i've always been a betting man so risk to me is second nature...

for me he'd have to go no later than pick #4 as is...and if he didn't have that poor attitude and leave you with a feeling that once he gets paid he may lay down i think he should be the #1 overall pick...the upside is tremendous...

but i'm a guy who believes bigs are paramount...i can find a shooting guard or a guy to distribute or a wing MUCH easier than i can a 20/10 guy in the middle...

and while i don't think he'll ever be a defensive stopper i do think other bigs are gonna have a tough time dealing with that size and strength to get their shots off...and he'll probably wear some guys down banging on them up and down the court...

Quite possible. You just never know with Cousins. Could eat himself out of the league just as likely as being 20/10. I see no middle ground with Cousins. He's either going to be a great player, or a huge bust. I think he goes #5 to Sac personally as I see the Wolves taking Wes Johnson.

my prayers r finally answered..dalembert is a ex sixer god yes...love the move btw..hawes isnt bad but nacroni reminds me a little of kukoc..he brings toughness and is a good overall ball player

dalembert wasnt all that great on the defensive end..he was good some nites but not the man..i think getting him out of here was a stroke of genius...speights is gonna start next yr at center and i rather take my chances w/ him then dalembert

Philly has talked with both Toronto and Indiana about trading Thad for a lottery pick. Toronto is willing to trade #13, Jarrett jack, and Marco Bellinelli for Thad and Lou Williams, but only if they can trade Turkoglu. Philly also talked with Indiana about a Thad + Lou for #10 and Jeff Foster.

Defensive minded bigs are not really hard to find. Aldrich and Udoh are defensive minded bigs. Philly likes Aldrich a lot, and are shopping Thad for Aldrich, or Henry if Aldrich isn't available. Philly is also more than willing to land a later pick to land Soloman Alibi or Jerome Jordan, both defensive minded bigs, and both whom they like a lot. Derrick Favors, Larry Sanders, and Hassan Whiteside also are defensive minded bigs in the draft. There's a few more as well. There's also the possibility of trading for one as well.

I actually really like Jason Smith. But to answer the question, yes, Hawes is a better prospect. Hawes has a very nice offensive skillset. Good post game, good mid range game, has 3 point range, decent passer. Hawes has the potential to be a Chris Kaman, can't really say the same for Smith, who doesn't even have the potential to be a starter imo.

I will tell u what, i would take that..then philly could draft a big at 13....just a thought

my prayers r finally answered..dalembert is a ex sixer god yes...love the move btw..hawes isnt bad but nacroni reminds me a little of kukoc..he brings toughness and is a good overall ball player

I agree. Just a good move all around. Got a good bench player in Nociono, and a Center who can actually score a point or two with potential. When was the last time we had one of those?

dalembert wasnt all that great on the defensive end..he was good some nites but not the man..i think getting him out of here was a stroke of genius...speights is gonna start next yr at center and i rather take my chances w/ him then dalembert

He was a great defender when he was on the court, which was never, because nobody picks up quick fouls like Dalembert... Speights isn't a Center imo, I'd like to see Hawes start at Center personally.

I will tell u what, i would take that..then philly could draft a big at 13....just a thought

I'd be stoked if we came out of the offseason with Evan Turner, Hawes, Nociono, Jack, Bellinelli, Ekpe Udoh (drafted at #13) while giving up Dummybert, Thad Young, and Lou Williams. A franchise SG, offensively talented Center, post defender who has a lot of potential, and 3 good bench players for a decent Center who can't stay out of foul trouble, and two talented young players who don't fit on this team at all. If only we can find some way to finally get rid Willie Green...

Some updates on what I've heard about the whole situation today.

Hawes is projected as the starting Center. Obviously that could change during TC, but he was brought in to start. A big part of the trade was to get under the luxury tax. As we all know Dalembert has become a locker room cancer the last few years, that was a big reason for the trade. Also SAC has been trying to get Sam for awhile now, and were the only team willing to pay his trade kicker. Collins really likes Hawes and sees him as a young Brad Miller (great comparison). Says Nociono will be used. Not surprising. Nociono is the type of player Collins likes. Tough, phyiscal, get under your skin type player. Think Reggie Evans in that regard. Carney obviously won't be resigned. The Toronto deal I mentioned earlier isn't going to happen because Jack wants to start. Pacers trade is less likely as well, though Kapono for Jeff Foster may happen. Trading Thad is actually less likely now, which surprises me. Though they would move him in a second for Aldrich. Alibi and Jordan are still possibilites, as well Kapono being traded for a vet C. The Pistons trade that was reported earlier did get offered (Prince, Villanueva, and #7 for Brand and #2), but Stefanski shot that down. Thank god. I would've drove to Philly and kicked his *** personally if he accepted that awful, awful trade. That's all I got.

heh...i haven't watched the pistons that much this year but prince and vill aren't that bad plus pick #7...but i understand the whole pick #2 hoopla...

you guys really need to get out of the brand thing though...he's dangerously close to done...

if i was gonna make that deal i'd want to know what would be there at 7...with a crystal ball...

but again i didn't watch prince hard this year...the guy i remember was a good long player with billups and wallace etc with the pistons...

heh...i haven't watched the pistons that much this year but prince and vill aren't that bad plus pick #7...but i understand the whole pick #2 hoopla...

you guys really need to get out of the brand thing though...he's dangerously close to done...

if i was gonna make that deal i'd want to know what would be there at 7...with a crystal ball...

but again i didn't watch prince hard this year...the guy i remember was a good long player with billups and wallace etc with the pistons...

There was nothing good about that trade. Brand can still play. Is he 20/10? No. Is he 17/8? With consistent minutes possibly. Eddie Jordan tried to make him a post player, when has Brand ever been a post player? Collins seems smart enough to realize that Brand is a pick and pop/roll player. Also, Brand may not have the athleticism he did before tearing the achilles, but he's still a banger. He's still tough, physical, and will give hard fouls.

As for the Pistons side. Prince is pretty much done. Villanueva completely blows. No defense whatsoever. And the difference between #2 and #7 is huge. We're not going to contend in the next two years anyways, so why trade Brand for cap relief? It's not going to happen, thank god.

Back
Top Bottom