Official 76ers Thread | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Nice summary of the Sixers. Looking forward to seeing ET and Jrue next year....lots of new changes.....hopefully
this will move the team in the right direction. I have been a Sixer's fan since 1976. :d-day:

I watched the summer league game against the Bobcats yesterday and I was suprised at something. I noticed that Turner seemed to be struggling throughout the game. Probably means nothing, but something to keep you eye on.

I watched the summer league game against the Bobcats yesterday and I was suprised at something. I noticed that Turner seemed to be struggling throughout the game. Probably means nothing, but something to keep you eye on.

Nothing to keep an eye on at all really. Evan Turner clearly struggles playing off the ball. No surprise. He clearly wasn't into the Summer League playing off the ball and with the awful officiating calling everything against him.

Nothing to keep an eye on at all really. Evan Turner clearly struggles playing off the ball. No surprise. He clearly wasn't into the Summer League playing off the ball and with the awful officiating calling everything against him.
The officiating was terrible in all the games.

The officiating was terrible in all the games.

Certainly. I didn't even watch the game today, and only could manage half the game yesterday because of it. But yea I'm not worried about Turner struggling in Summer League playing off the ball. Come regular season, is Evan Turner really going to be playing off the ball? I think it's fairly safe to say the answer is no. Jrue Holiday can play off the ball, he proven that last year. Iggy can play off the ball, he's proven that his whole career. Last year was his worst scoring the ball in 4 years. The previous 3 seasons Iggy played off ball, Andre Miller ran the offense. So I'm really not concerned at all.

Certainly. I didn't even watch the game today, and only could manage half the game yesterday because of it. But yea I'm not worried about Turner struggling in Summer League playing off the ball. Come regular season, is Evan Turner really going to be playing off the ball? I think it's fairly safe to say the answer is no. Jrue Holiday can play off the ball, he proven that last year. Iggy can play off the ball, he's proven that his whole career. Last year was his worst scoring the ball in 4 years. The previous 3 seasons Iggy played off ball, Andre Miller ran the offense. So I'm really not concerned at all.
I'm not concerned either, I am curious to see how Turner plays when the regular season gets underway.

I have to admit that Meeks has looked great so far. Looks like he might make Kapono expendable. Turner has looked awful but thats ok it might be nerves. Simmons might make the team, sixers need some big men down low...1 more game to go

I have to admit that Meeks has looked great so far. Looks like he might make Kapono expendable. Turner has looked awful but thats ok it might be nerves. Simmons might make the team, sixers need some big men down low...1 more game to go

Meeks definitely makes the roster, and probably takes most of Green's minutes. I think Green and Kapono are kept as trading chips at the deadline. And with the new salary cap, we're around 4 million under the luxury tax, which gives us room to sign a Cedric Simmons to be that rebounder/defender.

I also like how Meeks is playing and want to see some playing time for him.

Now that all the big name FA's are out the way, it's trade time in the NBA.

Quite a few teams calling about Iguodala including the Mavs, Bulls, and Clippers. Sixers would obviously trade Iggy for the right price. Bulls looking to move Deng. We don't like Deng, but the Clippers do. Maybe a 3 team trade where we get Deandre Jordan, Taj Gibson and a pick? Maybe we get Chris Kaman. Who knows. Of course we could get a TPE as well. The Mavs deal would include Erick Dampier I'm sure, maybe Caron Butler as well? Mavs are one of the few teams who would be willing to take on Brand's contract as well. If Iggy gets traded though which is unlikely because Collins wants to see Jrue, Turner, and Iggy together, it would probably happen in a 3 team deal. But none of these deals sound very good in my opinion aside from the Mavs deal, where we get two expirings for Brand and Iggy, but there could be other teams asking.

Now that all the big name FA's are out the way, it's trade time in the NBA.

Quite a few teams calling about Iguodala including the Mavs, Bulls, and Clippers. Sixers would obviously trade Iggy for the right price. Bulls looking to move Deng. We don't like Deng, but the Clippers do. Maybe a 3 team trade where we get Deandre Jordan, Taj Gibson and a pick? Maybe we get Chris Kaman. Who knows. Of course we could get a TPE as well. The Mavs deal would include Erick Dampier I'm sure, maybe Caron Butler as well? Mavs are one of the few teams who would be willing to take on Brand's contract as well. If Iggy gets traded though which is unlikely because Collins wants to see Jrue, Turner, and Iggy together, it would probably happen in a 3 team deal. But none of these deals sound very good in my opinion aside from the Mavs deal, where we get two expirings for Brand and Iggy, but there could be other teams asking.
I wouldn't mind seeing this deal happen, but really I wouldn't want it to happen. The players we get would be decent, but they're nothing special. I want to see the Sixers this season with a trio of Jrue, Turner, and Iggy. I think all of them can work well together.

I wouldn't mind seeing this deal happen, but really I wouldn't want it to happen. The players we get would be decent, but they're nothing special. I want to see the Sixers this season with a trio of Jrue, Turner, and Iggy. I think all of them can work well together.

I personally think we keep Iggy. See how the 3 do, and if it doesn't work out, look to trade Iggy at the deadline. But I wouldn't mind Jordan, Gibson, TPE, and a protected 1st for Iggy. Gives us much needed length and defense in the paint. I'd do the Iggy and Brand for Dampier and Butler trade in a heartbeat though. Frees up a ton of cap room. There's some talent in next years FA class.

I personally think we keep Iggy. See how the 3 do, and if it doesn't work out, look to trade Iggy at the deadline. But I wouldn't mind Jordan, Gibson, TPE, and a protected 1st for Iggy. Gives us much needed length and defense in the paint. I'd do the Iggy and Brand for Dampier and Butler trade in a heartbeat though. Frees up a ton of cap room. There's some talent in next years FA class.
I could see that happening. The Sixers are trying to put Iggy at his natural position to see how he does, which I think he'll do well. The trade would clear a lot of cap room which would be nice for them. Besides Melo (maybe) who are some of the other free agents next year?

I could see that happening. The Sixers are trying to put Iggy at his natural position to see how he does, which I think he'll do well. The trade would clear a lot of cap room which would be nice for them. Besides Melo (maybe) who are some of the other free agents next year?

Al Horford, Kendrick Perkins, Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol, Nene, Yao Ming, Greg Oden, Kenyon Martin Mo Williams, Caron Butler, J.R. Smith, Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince, Aaron Brooks, Shane Battier, Troy Murphy, Zach Randlph, Michael Conley, Mario Chalmers, Michael Redd, Marcus Thornton, David West, Wilson Chandler, Kelenna Azubuike, Jeff Green, Jason Richardson, Grant Hill, Leandro Barbosa, Carl Landry, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Anrei Kirilenko. And then there's a lot of real good bench/role players like Nick Young, Jamal Crawford, Goran Dragic, Jared Dudley, Michael Pietrus and many others.

Back
Top Bottom