Official 76ers Thread | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Some good big men available. I'd love to get Marc Gasol. Jason Richardson wouldn't be a bad pickup either. He'd be great as a 6th man.
I like both of those guys also. I would be happy if we ended up getting Richardson. Like you said he can be a great 6th man, and I like him as a solid, all around player.

I like both of those guys also. I would be happy if we ended up getting Richardson. Like you said he can be a great 6th man, and I like him as a solid, all around player.

Suns tried very hard to land Iggy at the trade deadline last year. If Iggy and Turner don't work out, perhaps it's something they can revisit at the deadline. J-Rich and Jared Dudley for Iggy or something along those lines. Would love to get Goran Dragic too, but I can't see the suns letting him go. He's going to to be a very good PG.

Also hearing Houston is still interested in Iggy. They offered T-Mac and Chase Buddinger for Iggy last year at the deadline. Hearing Trevor Ariza and filler for Iggy. I like Ariza. Had a very good year last year averaging 15/6/4, and of course he's a very good defender. That deal would save around 6 million a year as well. I think I'd rather keep Iggy though. I'd need more than Ariza + filler.

Suns tried very hard to land Iggy at the trade deadline last year. If Iggy and Turner don't work out, perhaps it's something they can revisit at the deadline. J-Rich and Jared Dudley for Iggy or something along those lines. Would love to get Goran Dragic too, but I can't see the suns letting him go. He's going to to be a very good PG.

Also hearing Houston is still interested in Iggy. They offered T-Mac and Chase Buddinger for Iggy last year at the deadline. Hearing Trevor Ariza and filler for Iggy. I like Ariza. Had a very good year last year averaging 15/6/4, and of course he's a very good defender. That deal would save around 6 million a year as well. I think I'd rather keep Iggy though. I'd need more than Ariza + filler.
I would be interested to see the Phoenix deal if it went through. They would get pretty good value fir Iggy with J-Rich and Dudley. I would love I have Dragic in the deal, but Phoenix won't let him go. I like that option and could see it happening.
In terms of the Houston deal, I don't like it and hope it doesn't happen. Ariza is a good player, but I would look at other options before making this deal. Even the filler wouldn't make the deal any better. In the end I would rather keep Iggy because I think he can work well with Turner and even Holliday.

I would be interested to see the Phoenix deal if it went through. They would get pretty good value fir Iggy with J-Rich and Dudley. I would love I have Dragic in the deal, but Phoenix won't let him go. I like that option and could see it happening.
In terms of the Houston deal, I don't like it and hope it doesn't happen. Ariza is a good player, but I would look at other options before making this deal. Even the filler wouldn't make the deal any better. In the end I would rather keep Iggy because I think he can work well with Turner and even Holliday.

I agree about the Rockets deal. But Houston does have a 1st rounder than can be swapped for the Knicks 1st rounder, and I personally see the Knicks continuing to suck. No talent on that team. No defense. And Amare doesn't have steve nash getting him easy buckets in pick and roll. So that pick could be a very good one.

I agree about the Rockets deal. But Houston does have a 1st rounder than can be swapped for the Knicks 1st rounder, and I personally see the Knicks continuing to suck. No talent on that team. No defense. And Amare doesn't have steve nash getting him easy buckets in pick and roll. So that pick could be a very good one.
I didn't know about the draft pick. I also see that being pretty high because I don't think the Knicks will be so much better. Amare is going to regret leaving because the Knicks have no talent and won't get any more free agents. He will miss playing with Steve Nash.

I didn't know about the draft pick. I also see that being pretty high because I don't think the Knicks will be so much better. Amare is going to regret leaving because the Knicks have no talent and won't get any more free agents. He will miss playing with Steve Nash.

Not only that, but is Amare really that much of an upgrade over David Lee? I would say, most certainly not. David Lee averaged 20/12 and 4 assists last season, that's pretty damn good. Amare might be a better scorer, but he isn't the rebounder that Lee is, and certainly isn't the passer that Lee is, and he's just as bad defensively. And the biggest negative in my eyes is toney douglas isn't 1/10th the PG that Nash is, and won't get Stoudemire the easy looks that Nash did.

So if they offered Ariza, Hou/Knicks 1st, and filler (Jeffries, Hill, or Taylor most likely), you'd have to consider it, especially if Iggy/Turner don't work out. That extra cap room could give us the room to go after a Noah, Gasol, Perkins, Oden, Nene, etc. as well.

Not only that, but is Amare really that much of an upgrade over David Lee? I would say, most certainly not. David Lee averaged 20/12 and 4 assists last season, that's pretty damn good. Amare might be a better scorer, but he isn't the rebounder that Lee is, and certainly isn't the passer that Lee is, and he's just as bad defensively. And the biggest negative in my eyes is toney douglas isn't 1/10th the PG that Nash is, and won't get Stoudemire the easy looks that Nash did.

So if they offered Ariza, Hou/Knicks 1st, and filler (Jeffries, Hill, or Taylor most likely), you'd have to consider it, especially if Iggy/Turner don't work out. That extra cap room could give us the room to go after a Noah, Gasol, Perkins, Oden, Nene, etc. as well.
I think that Amare will have trouble in New York. He'll be the one player the other teams focus all their attention on, so he may struggle. You would definitely have to consider that trade if the Iggy/Turner thing doesn't work out. If we got any of those free agents it would be great for the Sixers.

Just found out Hou offered Ariza, Jeffries, and Hill for Iggy and Jason Smith. We told them we'd get back to them. I probably wouldn't do it. The 1st round pick with the option to swap with the Knicks would have to be included. Only other option is a 3 team trade. Then again, with that trade, we have around 27 mill in expirings. In fact, now that I think about it, I probably would do that Iggy trade. We'd have roughly $31,000,000 in salaries if we let Thad, Hawes, and Speights walk, but I personally see us keeping at least 1, and quite possibly two. I don't see Thad in a Sixers uni much longer regardless.

If I look to trade Iggy though, it's to the Suns for J-Rich and Jared Dudley. Even better, packaged with Brand to the Mavs, or packaged with Brand to the Magic for the supposed Gortat, Bass, and Carter deal I keep hearing about. While there are a lot of teams asking about Iggy, we're still looking to move Thad first and foremost.

I wouldn't do the Houston deal straight like that. I agree that the 1st round pick would need to be included. If they're going to trade Iggy I would rather see them take the Phoenix deal. I think the Sixers would get better value for Iggy if they made that trade. I wouldn't mind seeing that Dallas deal you are talking about. That would bring in some good talent. I also think that Thad's days are numbered. I don't see him in a Sixers uniform for much longer.

So far the Bulls, Clips, Rockets, and Wolves have all called about Iggy. Not sure what the Wolves are offering, but I'd take Wes Johnson, their 13 million TPE, and Kosta Koufos in a heartbeat for Iggy. I also expect the Mavs and Cavs to come calling as well as possibly the Suns.

All those teams could probably give the Sixers good value for Iggy. I don't think the Wolves would trade Johnson right after they drafted him. I'd be curious to see if the Sixers front office ended up accepting any of these possible trades.

All those teams could probably give the Sixers good value for Iggy. I don't think the Wolves would trade Johnson right after they drafted him. I'd be curious to see if the Sixers front office ended up accepting any of these possible trades.

You never know. They really like Iggy. With Jefferson gone, they may want a proven player like Iggy who does it all. This is also David Kahn we're talking about, worst GM in the NBA. The deal would have to include Wes Johnson orKevin Love, and I see 0% chance they trade Love with Jefferson gone.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

In other news, Billy King named Nets GM.

You never know. They really like Iggy. With Jefferson gone, they may want a proven player like Iggy who does it all. This is also David Kahn we're talking about, worst GM in the NBA. The deal would have to include Wes Johnson orKevin Love, and I see 0% chance they trade Love with Jefferson gone.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

In other news, Billy King named Nets GM.
It's good they signed Turner to contract. I forgot about the Jefferson deal so they should and need a proven player like Iggy. In terms of a trade, I could actually see them trading Johnson to get a player like Iggy. I agree with you that there is no way that they'll trade Love.

Back
Top Bottom