Official Cavs vs Pistons series thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cavs vs Pistons series thread

I think every so called expert who covers the NBA owes the Cavs a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge apology. Win or lose this series, their gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East for years to come. Lebon is the truth x's 2,000!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think every so called expert who covers the NBA owes the Cavs a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge apology. Win or lose this series, their gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East for years to come. Lebon is the truth x's 2,000!
No apologies needed. It's all a matter of opinion and this is the reason we play this game. If everything went as predicted, then who'd bother waste time & watch the games? I sure wouldn't.

Blueprint said:
No apologies needed. It's all a matter of opinion and this is the reason we play this game. If everything went as predicted, then who'd bother waste time & watch the games? I sure wouldn't.

Truth!

I said NOBODY is going to beat Detroit...I gave them the kiss of death. :lol:

DEEEEEtroit BAAAAAAAsketball.

Well, this would sure throw a giant monkey wrench in the NBA's playoff plans. Of course, if the Heat go on to beat the Cavs, everyone's gonna say, "well, you never beat the Pistons..." Oh well...I don't how we get to the finals, as long as we do.

RWhitney014 said:
Well, this would sure throw a giant monkey wrench in the NBA's playoff plans. Of course, if the Heat go on to beat the Cavs, everyone's gonna say, "well, you never beat the Pistons..." Oh well...I don't how we get to the finals, as long as we do.

When they say we didnt beat the Pistons just reply

Thats because the Pistons couldnt make it to us, we one upped that, we beat the team that beat the Pistons

Montella said:
becuase i just talked with my buddy ice a bit here...

no, not every east coast team sucks, just right now they suck and i don't believe that a east coast team can beat the mavs, right now...
:confused: the Mavs don't match up well ith either Detroit or Miami, for one Dallas doesn't have enough defense

My prediction of a Miami Dallas Final is looking good...:)

Dud of Last night:

The Pistons' backcourt
Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton weren't exactly a dynamic duo in Game 5 as the surprisingly passive Pistons lost at home to the Cavs to fall behind 3-2 in their Eastern Conference semifinal series. Billups missed 10-of-16 shots, committed six turnovers and fouled out with 2:12 left. Hamilton missed 11-of-16 attempts and committed four turnovers, fumbling the ball out of bounds on his team's final possession. It's no surprise that 'Sheed lost his cool and Big Ben bricked his free throws. But who would have dreamed Rip and Mr. Big Shot would both come up lacking in such a big game?

Play of Last night:

Gooden plenty
With the game on the line, LeBron James showed he could kill with the pass as well as the shot. The score was tied at 84-all in the final 30 seconds when James (32 points, five assists) dribbled around a screen on top and found Drew Gooden underneath the basket with a pass. Gooden muscled his way inside and scored over Tayshaun Prince to put the Cavs ahead to stay and stun the Palace crowd. After a timeout, the Cavs' D stopped Detroit on three final shot attempts to pull out the upset and set up a possible Game 6 clincher Friday in Cleveland.

nick1 said:
:confused: the Mavs don't match up well ith either Detroit or Miami, for one Dallas doesn't have enough defense

Wrong. Dallas's renewed commitment to defense is PRECISELY the reason they're here. They're not a great defensive team, but they're good enough.

I think the reason they would match up poorly with Miami or Detroit actually has more to do with attitude; after years of getting shoved around by the Spurs, Kings and Lakers in the West, they'd have that "happy to be here" aura in the Finals. And that's the kiss of death.

But as a Detroit fan, I'd have to say my outlook on the series has progressed like this...

Game 1: It's SO over.
Game 2: It's in the bag.
Game 3: BFD, we'll win in 5.
Game 4: It's still in the bag, but this is getting tiresome.
Game 5: Uh, WTF? I still think we'll win, but it's hard to say now.

phunwin said:
Wrong. Dallas's renewed commitment to defense is PRECISELY the reason they're here. They're not a great defensive team, but they're good enough.

I think the reason they would match up poorly with Miami or Detroit actually has more to do with attitude; after years of getting shoved around by the Spurs, Kings and Lakers in the West, they'd have that "happy to be here" aura in the Finals. And that's the kiss of death.

But as a Detroit fan, I'd have to say my outlook on the series has progressed like this...

Game 1: It's SO over.
Game 2: It's in the bag.
Game 3: BFD, we'll win in 5.
Game 4: It's still in the bag, but this is getting tiresome.
Game 5: Uh, WTF? I still think we'll win, but it's hard to say now.
All I know is that the East will win the Finals unless the Cavs somehow make it there than Dallas or Phoenix would win it

less than 4 hours away from the Cavs and Pistons game 6. Larry Hughes according to espnews will see playing time tonight.

Back
Top Bottom