Official Date For Supplemental Draft, July 13 And Miami Is Intrigued For Ahmad Brooks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Date For Supplemental Draft, July 13 And Miami Is Intrigued For Ahmad Brooks

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
well hows that sound to you all? would he start?

not off the bat, he may still be feeling effects of the injury... he would be a good pick up, but a 3 is too high....

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
well hows that sound to you all? would he start?
I would love to see this. What is he, 6-4 260 with huge abilities? He has Saban written all over him.

As much as I'd like to have a player like A. Brooks, I don't want Saban giving up any more picks to do it. He needs to keep his hands out of the cookie jar, and stop using up all of our picks like he's been doing lately....

I have nothing against using "supp picks" on players who are worth adding, but at some point you have to look at the big picture{the real NFL draft}, and realize what's best for the future of the franchise. Taking risks on "Sup players" is fine when they have talent, but waiting it out until the entire crop of players is available to you on draft day, is the best way to get the most out of your pick. There's so much more available to you....

Maybe I'm overreacting some based on this years draft, but I don't want to go into the 2007 draft with no picks again. This year was a waste of time after our first two picks were off the board, and we need a draft where we've got picks in every round, where Saban can really work his magic....

So in my opinion, I say no to using any more picks. We need them, and using them up now only leaves us less to work with come draft day. Keep the picks...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

footballer said:
not off the bat, he may still be feeling effects of the injury... he would be a good pick up, but a 3 is too high....

Thats why I love Saban, he is a bluffer, he says he would give a 3rd, so no one will target him and at the time, no one gives nothing for him and Saban gives a 5th...

BLITZKRIEG said:
As much as I'd like to have a player like A. Brooks, I don't want Saban giving up any more picks to do it. He needs to keep his hands out of the cookie jar, and stop using up all of our picks like he's been doing lately....

I have nothing against using "supp picks" on players who are worth adding, but at some point you have to look at the big picture{the real NFL draft}, and realize what's best for the future of the franchise. Taking risks on "Sup players" is fine when they have talent, but waiting it out until the entire crop of players is available to you on draft day, is the best way to get the most out of your pick. There's so much more available to you....

Maybe I'm overreacting some based on this years draft, but I don't want to go into the 2007 draft with no picks again. This year was a waste of time after our first two picks were off the board, and we need a draft where we've got picks in every round, where Saban can really work his magic....

So in my opinion, I say no to using any more picks. We need them, and using them up now only leaves us less to work with come draft day. Keep the picks...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yes, having a lot of picks is good, but trading a second for Culpepper is seen once in a decade with only one team per decade, giving a 5th round for a guy that could cost us a 2nd is priceless, so I say, GIVE ALL THE DAMN PICKS IF WE ARE GOING TO STILL DOING WHAT WE ARE DOING!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? He is using a pick on a player.. It's not like the picks are just being sent down the shoot with no return, this is an early part of our 2007 draft.. That's how it should be looked at.

Dmancari23 said:
Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? He is using a pick on a player.. It's not like the picks are just being sent down the shoot with no return, this is an early part of our 2007 draft.. That's how it should be looked at.

Totally agreed! :wink:

is he worth the 3rd? forget all this stop spending picks crap. if this man was in next years draft, is he worth a 3rd? if he is spend it if not dont. if hes ray lewis jr. how could anyone say dont spend pick on him?

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!!
Do you realize you could potentially get a 2007 1st rounder and give up only a 3rd-5th instead if we just do it this summer?

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
is he worth the 3rd? forget all this stop spending picks crap. if this man was in next years draft, is he worth a 3rd? if he is spend it if not dont. if hes ray lewis jr. how could anyone say dont spend pick on him?

I say maximum a 4th, nothing higher to spend on him, but if he is going I say give a damn 3rd...

He will be a great player with a great trade bait value...

people say he's a top ten talent when healthy, when are we going to pick in the top ten again?
the second for culpepper was a miracle. I know it sucked watching all those players slide but not one of them would have been a 3 time pro bowler already.
blitz, i understand what your saying about draft pick value only being fully realized at the draft itself, but in some cases the risk/reward would be better in the supplemental or through trade. If manny wright had stayed in college he probaly would have been a 1-3 round pick next year, instead we got him for a 5th and have two years to condition and train him. brooks may be a top ten pick, spending a second or third round pick for a top ten player would be the steal of the draft wouldn't it?

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

what's the problem? we're getting a player the same way...actually cheaper than he should be
I know draft day brings lots of valuable options, but If you're getting value other way, why not use it? For the sake of having all the picks come draft day?

Dmancari23 said:

No. The Supplemental Draft is for players who, for whatever reason, were not eligible for the college draft. Therefore, there are usually only a select few who are worth considering. The amount of talent the NFL Draft consists of, in comparance to the Sup Draft, is very large....

The point I'm making is that the NFL draft is the best way to get the most for your pick, basically because there's alot more talent to choose from. It's not ridiculous to keep those picks, and use them wisely on draft day, instead of rolling the dice on one player in the supplemental draft....

One more thing, we got lucky getting DT M. Wright last year. Any of you who think that just because we hit it off getting Manny for a 5th, doesn't mean we'll automatically hit the mark again with Brooks. These kinds of cases, where a sup-player becomes a mainstay on the roster, is rare. Many sup-players never even make it in this league.....

Either way it's just my opinion, ridiculous or not....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom