*** official day one nfl draft discussion/"game" thread ***

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Adam First, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

Foster is definitely a boom or bust canidate.

That shoulder injury scared off 30 teams

2. bradmcnutt13

bradmcnutt13 A True Fan

Really nice draft for 49ers with those picks they picked up from the bears.

3. The K MO SHOW

The K MO SHOW Well-Known Member

Charles Harris is a player on the rise with very little wear and tear on his body. An amazing spin move and plays with a chip on his shoulder. I could care less about his 40 time, Heck Bryan Cox was slower than him and he had a great career for the Fins. This kid is going to make a lot of Dolfans very happy!

4. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I knew no matter who we pick half the board would like it and the other half would hate it. I know we need to stop the run and this pick doesn't help. All we've done really is Timmons at LB and getting Jones back and hoping Phillips play better. But you can never have enough pass rushers and he can do that. I'm not crazy about our FO but I will wait and see how we do tomorrow

Ozzy rules!!

5. The K MO SHOW

The K MO SHOW Well-Known Member

Maybe we move up and get Lamp or a DB.

6. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

True.....good thing though even if he blows it up he didn't go to a div/conf rival......and we don't play the 49ers this year.

7. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Reuben FROSTER

lol good one goodell. f***ing idiot

8. Not Sure

Not Sure Well-Known Member

I am just really happy Ireland is not drafting for us. Adding talent and not completely whiffing on picks is step in the right direction. DE is a need so I am satisfied. Hopefully we can get a few more talented players. Every year people cry about the draft. Everyone has their own ideas about players but this guy was projected much higher.

9. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

So now Miami trade its 2018 1st round pick to Cleveland for two 2017 2nd round picks. Kidding of course. But then again maybe 3 2017 2nd picks might be better than a 2nd this year and a 1st next. Especially with one of the picks being at the top of day 2.

I guess I wasn't thinking that the Browns trade the top pick in the 2nd round when they moved up for Peppers. They only have one 2017 2nd round pick.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  10. Travis34

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I mean, we could gain picks, and still picked up a pass rusher, no matter when that pick was coming from it would've been fine. Still could've got Willis (or lamp technically). Maybe could have still got Harris even. I'm frustrated we didnt move back to gain more picks but it is what it is now. We'll see what day 2 holds. All we really have is an abundance of 5ths, so to move up or around in the 2nd/3rd, we have to mortgage future picks

11. bradmcnutt13

bradmcnutt13 A True Fan

Any chance Harris starts at will, kiko at mike and timmons at sam? Harris is undersized for a DE.

12. Travis34

Honestly... i wouldn't be that opposed. Have 3 seconds this year? and theirs next year? F*** it. do it

edit- just looked, the Browns have the 20th pick in the 2nd round, and the 1st pick in the third round. Those and their 2nd of next year, isn't worth our first next year imo. But we could work something out with other mid round picks.

Also- our comp 3rd is the first compensatory pick at least.

Maybe try to get their 3rd round pick to use whatever position has been neglected and has the least depth

13. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Dolphins lose.

14. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

At the end of the day I've learned it doesn't matter what the board thinks. It doesn't matter what the experts think. Both are usually judging based on some kind of value system and in the case of fans they go for players they "like". I also don't care what the team thinks and if they got the guy everyone knew they wanted all along or they obviously wanted based on moving up in the draft. At the end of the day players are gonna boom or bust independently. I like to just find out more about the player(s) we got and what people think they do well and don't do well.

This team wanted Davante Parker all along. Meh. This team freaking loved Dion Jordon. Bah. Going back a while Ronnie Brown was the supposedly obvious pick if we missed out on Alex Smith. Years later its lauaghable that we spent a No. 2 overall pick on a college backup RB who had backup RB vision except out of the wildcat in a draft that also had Aaron Rodgers.

If I don't hate the pick, it's all good. At least it wasn't a reach for a need player. At least it wasn't a medical red flag. At least its at a position that I can understand is going to be a need very soon.

15. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

With what? Next year's picks. Carroo the pooch again?

16. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Harris was projected in the 10-15 range. At 22 it's a steal imo. The kids a sack machine.

17. goonies

goonies A True Fan

Don't give up lol, Miami will draft Jordan Willis in the second round I predict.

18. ATL_PHIN_FAN

ATL_PHIN_FAN Winner Under Construction

Gotta love those hips, though ;)

19. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

I love people looking primarily at combine numbers instead of how the dude actually played. I mean jesus christ

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Yeah dude, 30 picks go by and Foster isn't taken. Obviously you're the one with the knowledge and not the people in the NFL. :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

He's really not undersized

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

****ing bingo

20. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Looks like Feeney, Dawkins or Johnson could be available at guard when Miami picks in round 2.

21. RalphX19X

RalphX19X MVP

Foster had zero forced fumbles and zero picks. very well could be a faster Channing crowder.

22. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

That's what happens when you keep "your" piss in the cooler.

23. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Shhhh......he was the BPA and no pick would have been better. We don't have have many DEs to help stop the run but Foster would have done it himself.