***OFFICIAL DRAFT SEAN WEATHERSPOON LB/Missouri THREAD!!!*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***OFFICIAL DRAFT SEAN WEATHERSPOON LB/Missouri THREAD!!!***

what the heck...if spoon was here he'd be an outside lb in a 3-4??? are you guys really that far off with your player evaluations???

:facepalm:

Honestly watching Weatherspoon in the Senior bowl he reminded me the most of Channing Crowder. I think we can do better at 12.

His coverage of McKluster in the endzone was extemely impressive, and as far as his future in the NFL he commented on that when he was interviewed. He said that he had already been told he would fit best as a weakside LB in a 4-3 or as the Mike in a 3-4.

He didn't directly say what he preferred but you could tell he would prefer to play the Mike in a 3-4.

Are we switching to a 4-3 that I don't about? Oh, we're not. No thanks on Witherspoon. Not the best at shedding blocks, too small to be a 3-4 LB.

I would love to see spoon in a fins jersey. My only question is which position will he play. He can definitely cover and rush the passer. I've heard he's projected more as a 3-4 ILB than an OLB but I think he could do both. I'm think we're going to have to move to get him though, either way back in the first or maybe we could get lucky and snag him in the 2nd. I'm officially on the spoon bandwagon.

too many teams could use him..i dont think he falls to us in rd 2. id like to see it, but i dont feel it is realistic.

what the heck...if spoon was here he'd be an outside lb in a 3-4??? are you guys really that far off with your player evaluations???

:facepalm:
He is 9 pounds Lighter then Ray Lewis im not saying he is the same Talent as Lewis because that would be fulish im just saying if he can put on nine pounds of mustle and a little fat he could be very good at either ILB or OLB. and what does Ray Lewis play again and in what system oh yea thats right he plays ILB in the 3-4

I would love to see spoon in a fins jersey. My only question is which position will he play. He can definitely cover and rush the passer. I've heard he's projected more as a 3-4 ILB than an OLB but I think he could do both. I'm think we're going to have to move to get him though, either way back in the first or maybe we could get lucky and snag him in the 2nd. I'm officially on the spoon bandwagon.
i think he can do both also i think he will end up being a 3-4 ILB which we need and even if he ends up being a 3-4 OLB we need that also

Are we switching to a 4-3 that I don't about? Oh, we're not. No thanks on Witherspoon. Not the best at shedding blocks, too small to be a 3-4 LB.
how is he to small he is the same height as Ray Lewis and is 9 pounds lighter then lewis if he can put on 5 to 10 pounds he would be a prefect fit as a 34 LB

I read in a report that he was getting through all the trash great in practice. This draft is very hard for me I want both him and B graham

This guy is all over the place. After watching some film of Spoon, McClain, and Spikes he looked far and away the best in coverage. In my opinion this is what we where missing from the linebacker spot last year. We draft him, and the days of us being one of the worst in the league against tight ends are over.

I still say hes a OLB. I still also say he's a late first rounder early early early second.

I don't think he drops to us in the 2nd. but I wouldn't mind cuz than we may end up with spikes anyway.

could spoon pull off a ILB in a 3-4. probably. but I don't think it would be his strength.

i'm sticking with mcclain if it's a LB we are targeting in the first round.

Complaints from last year linebacker core were: slow couldn't cover, could't tackle, and we didn't have leardership. Weatherspoon qualities can cover(showed how well he can at the SB) showed he was a leader(did that all year at Mizz), has 4.5 speed if I had to guess and tackles very well all over the field. So why would anyone not want this kid over Mclain!

Back
Top Bottom