Official FinHeaven Technical Problems Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official FinHeaven Technical Problems Thread

#13 Rulz

Starter
Reaction score
I don't see any other mention of it, so it might just be me, but I really don't need to see an ad for a flat screen TV after every thread starter's post. It could be me, but spybot and adaware didn't seem to find anything on my computer and I don't have any problem on any other sites, so I'm wondering if it's just something within Finheaven?

Anyway, here's an example of what I'm getting.....

clear.gif

s6-1.gif
s6-1.gif
s6-1.gif

If it's just me, how do I lose this thing?

I don't see any other mention of it, so it might just be me, but I really don't need to see an ad for a flat screen TV after every thread starter's post. It could be me, but spybot and adaware didn't seem to find anything on my computer and I don't have any problem on any other sites, so I'm wondering if it's just something within Finheaven?

Anyway, here's an example of what I'm getting.....

clear.gif

s6-1.gif
s6-1.gif
s6-1.gif

If it's just me, how do I lose this thing?

im getting it too.. annoying

not just you, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm thinking the way you get rid of it is give finheaven money so they don't have to post ads. :lol:

Ads

All:

Unfortunatley the ads are neccassary. To run the servers and bandwidth we are now running, the site has enormous overhead. This has to be offset by revenue from somewhere. I wish I could tell you that of the 15000 plus hits we get a day that even 1% of those people contribute...but they don't.

The good news is that they are going away for paid members and will only be visible to lurkers.

Hey, even the "best" sites like ESPN, SI, and NFL network have ads. Its part of being successful which is you have expenses.

-Matt

Mergedx3: Quick Reply box not working...

i get this error:

The following errors occurred with your submission

Okay

???

what is that about?
i have to click the "reply" button and wait for a new page to load with reply box in order to post. the "quick reply" is completely out of commission for me. anyone else having this issue?

Yes, there is a technical problem right now with the quick reply button. We are working towards correcting the problem.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Hey, even the "best" sites like ESPN, SI, and NFL network have ads. Its part of being successful which is you have expenses.

-Matt

well, those sites are private enterprises which are "for profit", so they'd have ads regardless.... this site should not be "for profit", but i don't expect you to pay out of pocket.

i was hoping that all the premium & VIP members' contributions would pay the operating expenses, but if they don't that's a shame. I look forward to when us paying members don't have to look at the ads. Please let us know when this happens.

PS: I don't want to buy a Sony Bravia! :)

well, those sites are private enterprises which are "for profit", so they'd have ads regardless.... this site should not be "for profit", but i don't expect you to pay out of pocket.

i was hoping that all the premium & VIP members' contributions would pay the operating expenses, but if they don't that's a shame. I look forward to when us paying members don't have to look at the ads. Please let us know when this happens.

PS: I don't want to buy a Sony Bravia! :)
This site is not about profit, it is about creating a great place where Dolphin fans come to talk.

The thing is, when you are the biggest and best Dolphins fan community and one of the biggest NFL fan sites, the cost to maintain the site goes up. So, there are some sacrifices(like Sponsor Ads) that need to be added to keep things running smoothly.

I can't respond to posts

Sorry, not sure where this goes as I only post here. For some reason, I can't respond to posts. When I submit, it says "the following errors occured with your submission". It doesn't say what errors. It has a little okay link, but it just takes you back to the post screen. Any body else experiencing this? I have no warnings or blocks against me, and it says I can do everything.

trouble with the site?

I've been having trouble with the quick response. Has anybody else? Is there a problem with the site?

Back
Top Bottom