𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

The golf course was closed when we got there and it was to late to try somewhere else so we had oysters at Jim Shaw's instead

We just had another 5-10 laid off this week. Price Water House is in the top level of company providing recommendations. And you know what that means. When they tell management they need to cut cost the normal plan is to cut worker bees. We have been cutting for years but I can't name more than 1 or 2 managers that have been cut. They just keep cutting the workforce and forcing us to work with people in Manila that get paid by every ticket they handle. It looks like they are saving money but in the end it is costing the same or more and the service level is lower. But to management the average cost of employee is going down and that looks good to management. But yet management continues to grow. It is the good old boy network.

I have been working in it long enough to know you can't beat it. You might as well join it. But i'm an engineer at heart and my best skills are troubleshooting computer problems and not managing people so i have stayed where I am and not try to climb the management ladder. If i can milk this for a few more years I'll be set and no need to even think about enter the management chain.

On a side note Price Water House came up with an Aaron Rodgers like recommendations after a bad last year. You should change your tried and true Publishing name from Reed Elsevier to REL-X to update with the times. it will make you much more profitable. Just R E L X

I dealt with Price Waterhouse auditors when we were going public. Mindless bean counters if you ask me.
That recommendation they gave you guys was actually better than the one's they came up with for us.
Middle management is usually the last to go because they don't carry high salaries and you can increase their work load to compensate for employee loss.
Upper management cuts are usually negotiated because there are employee contracts to deal with and the guy bails on a golden parracute most of the time.

Good luck guy I hope it all works out.

snapper (fishing thread :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic,

My best fishing trip ever was when I was 15 years old and living in Michigan. My dad planed a week long trip to Canada with me and my older brother. We drove several hours into Canada and then had to board a train. You could not reach this lake by car. We road the train North for about an hour and then it stopped by a lake. They let you off and then the only way back was when the train came back by in the 2 days. Awaiting at the train stop were boats that took up to and island in remote area in Canada. On the island there were primitive fishing cabins but the island was gorgeous. Cliffs, rocks and beautiful clear water all around. Fishing was incredible. We caught our limits in both walleyes and northern pike and then chose which to keep each day. Very fun fishing. I can remember times trolling in Michigan where i was bored as hell. This was nothing like that. Constant action if you were willing to put your line in the water.

One of the funniest things about the trip was the train ride to the lake. With each passenger fair you were allowed to transport a couple of cases of beer without paying extra. The trip included several of my dads co-workers so when we boarded they had a whole cart full of beer. it was larger than our luggage and fishing gear. By the end of the week my dad ran out because me and my brother kept swiping his portion. We also met a Canadian worker on the island that like to party that was our age. While the adults were partying my brother and i would grab a few beers and head over to the Canadian's cabin. He had some pretty good weed and my older brother had just got me interested in it prior to the trip. So we had some pretty interesting nights partying with total stranger from a different country and wonderful fishing.

My biggest regret is that I did not schedule a repeat of that same trip with my father before he died to pay him back for that wonderful experience. I thought about it several times in the last 5 years but never executed. Now it is too late. Live and learn.

Too bad you didn't get to repeat the trip with dad one more time. My early childhood fishing trips to the keys with my father are great memories as well.
That sounds like a truly great fishing trip. i've never caught any of those yankee fish like pike or walleyes :(
I've seen videos and it looks like they fight like heck.

Too bad you didn't get to repeat the trip with dad one more time. My early childhood fishing trips to the keys with my father are great memories as well.
That sounds like a truly great fishing trip. i've never caught any of those yankee fish like pike or walleyes :(
I've seen videos and it looks like they fight like heck.

Unfortunately, walleye don't really put up much of a fight. Fortunately, walleye are de-****ing-licious!!! :eat:

A trip some buddies & I took to Lake Erie a few years back:

dbc608cc.jpg

f8fef503.jpg

(Not pictured are my other two friends who were still "sea sick" from being out on Erie. :chuckle:)

Unfortunately, walleye don't really put up much of a fight. Fortunately, walleye are de-****ing-licious!!! :eat:

A trip some buddies & I took to Lake Erie a few years back:

dbc608cc.jpg

f8fef503.jpg

(Not pictured are my other two friends who were still "sea sick" from being out on Erie. :chuckle:)
My FIL swore that walleye was the best eating fish that there was. I've never even seen one.

Excellent bump :up: Me either Buddy

Yea Bump I think i was talking about pickerel or maybe they are the same fish . I really don't know any of those personally.
I do know Pike and Muskie can get huge. I saw Csonka fishing for them in Alaska on american sportsmen.
In the big lakes down here it's crappie , lg and small mouth bass and strippers. Big cats in the river especially around the dams and huge gar which try to steal your catch.

I knew you would break out some great pictures bump. You posted a big bass and some cats before.

Here's a monster grouper I fought for hours before hauling in.

grouper_zpsehihec7o.jpg

:chuckle: Using the gaff to hold him up was a joke.

poor fella. We were fishing for big tarpon and he just happened to get in the way so he and a few of his buddies ended up in our ice box. He was barely legal but tasted great fried.
The story is the two bridges you see behind are the 7 mile bridge down in the Key just past Marathon. The old bridge is just used for fishing now. If you remember the scene in True Lies where Arnie saved Jamie Lee as the car went off the bridge that's it. There are still remains of a third bridge that was destored in a hurricane in the 30's I beleive.

[video=youtube_share;eUV2P_Beeq8]http://youtu.be/eUV2P_Beeq8[/video]

During May HUGE tarpon up to 150 pounds congrugate around the two and can be had on any tide changes.

Here's a couple cool pics from member AGFins who took his son down to Miami to see the Fins and Canes play and also managed to snag a few nice Kings.

1%20%20AGryan_zpsqhbjtijj.jpg

1%20%20AGIMG_0189%201_zpsqdnbyvtz.jpg

That's Miami Beach in the back ground. This is typical fall and winter fishing in S. Fla. Lots of Kings to be had. Sailfish time as well. The Dolphin start showing up in number come May or June although you can snag a stray one any time of year in the right conditions.

Yeah, Bump is right. Walleyes don't put up much of a fight but taste Delicious. Now Northern Pike can get very large and I've seen them put up a fight.
Have to dig out some old photo's and scan them in. Pretty sure I have a picture of a 4 ft long Northern pike that one of my dad's co-workers caught up in Canada. My Buddy at work like to fish for Muskies which get very large. I have never caught one of those.

Here is the biggest walleye that I ever caught.
32a3c8b96b1589156e9b29141c3cdc9b.jpg

My dad and my brother with our limit for the day.
0069897c9233c1c6fc47d17473229038.jpg

Great picture of your brother and dad.

Nice fish as well :brewskis:

Im a lobster fisherman/diver, so you guys definitely know more than me when it comes to fishing with lines. I wish I had an underwater camera to add some pics. Gotta get me one. Some pretty neat stuff to see underwater as Im sure you guys know. Ill be heading out again Thurday-ish, so Ill try take what pics I can. Wont be underwater pics unfortunately.

Hey Tyler i believe you live in the Bahamas. That guy AG that i posted the fishing pictures for is a Conchy joe who grew up there and did lots of diving himself. Cann't get him to post but i'll keep trying. His father was a magistrate judge with the powder wig and all.

Looking forward to some pictures .

By the way my friend doesn't like to fish either. He just went out to spend time with his son.
I guess you get a different perspective looking up from the bottom.

i loved hearing my friend with stories on catching all these cool different fish, sting rays, etc...the one thing he hasnt caught been been trying to is something called a Sheepshead i believe.... a fish with like human teeth LOL... anyone ever catch?

sheepshead.jpg

Back
Top Bottom