Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

the way ppl talk about Clay on here, you'd think the guy's Gronkowski or something. He can be replaced AND improved from. We needed a seam threat TE before Clay was even tagged. I say let's try and find one, maybe get a diamond in the rough.

As long as it's not Egnew, lol.

That's incredible. Seriously, he's played this NFL business game better than any player in history. Bets on himself, and cashes in.

Prime time did the same thing bouncing between SB contenders for the highest price.
Revis is even better at it.

the way ppl talk about Clay on here, you'd think the guy's Gronkowski or something. He can be replaced AND improved from. We needed a seam threat TE before Clay was even tagged. I say let's try and find one, maybe get a diamond in the rough.

Saying it's easy to replace him and replacing him are two entirely different things. There isn't a whole lot of TE depth in this draft. Do you remember how long this team struggled to replace Randy McMichael?? And he wasn't even on Clay's level.

that's true...even with clay and sims we still needed one more piece...ideally you have the inline guy and the size seam tight end...when you get into the hback sized guys you are essentially making concessions way i see it

i like clay he's one of the only guys that can win quickly inside vs jam etc and that matters but he developed that over time and he doesnt have a elite player ceiling...he's an 800 and 6 td guy pretty much...and because of his size you can't just throw it up there have him box out a db or climb the ladder and go get it

that's true...even with clay and sims we still needed one more piece...ideally you have the inline guy and the size seam tight end...when you get into the hback sized guys you are essentially making concessions way i see it

i like clay he's one of the only guys that can win quickly inside vs jam etc and that matters but he developed that over time and he doesnt have a elite player ceiling...he's an 800 and 6 td guy pretty much...and because of his size you can't just throw it up there have him box out a db or climb the ladder and go get it

plus its not easy to find TEs like that, great seam runners, stretch field, big Gronk guys either... great talents or even solid are rare out there. find one in FA or draft right now??? nope. next year? prob not!!! Clay

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
#Revis $$ RT @MMehtaNYDN: Source: Darrelle Revis' contract with the Jets: 5 years, $70M ($39 FULLY guaranteed). $48M in first 3 years. #nyj

Saying it's easy to replace him and replacing him are two entirely different things. There isn't a whole lot of TE depth in this draft. Do you remember how long this team struggled to replace Randy McMichael?? And he wasn't even on Clay's level.

to be fair I didn't state it would be easy to replace him, just that he "can" be replaced.
I trust Hickey and T-Baum to try and find someone of Clay's type far more than I would Jeff Ireland. We're in a new regime now -- I'd hate to see us tie up a lot of cap space to a guy not quite worth that.

that's correct...those guys are rare...but is charles clay skillset all that rare...i don't think so...in fact i think 2 guys in this class could replace him and make his kind of impact worst case within a couple years after they learned the scheme...williams and walford...

do i want to spend a pick on that though with all our needs right now??? no i dont unless the board says to...of course williams wont get to 47 and i doubt walford gets to our 3rd especially with how poor this tight end class is

that's correct...those guys are rare...but is charles clay skillset all that rare...i don't think so...in fact i think 2 guys in this class could replace him and make his kind of impact worst case within a couple years after they learned the scheme...williams and walford...

do i want to spend a pick on that though with all our needs right now??? no i dont unless the board says to...of course williams wont get to 47 and i doubt walford gets to our 3rd especially with how poor this tight end class is

agreed... and i 100% agree I dont really want to spend a pick on a TE this year in the draft

I expected a quiet day for us, but it's still kind of disappointing.

I figured this would happen. I DID think they would announce the Suh deal and cut a few more, but I figured on this steady day.

it is quieter... but i really liked what we did internally today. the releases, and resigning!!! important stuff as well

Those RFA's are very important next year. They have to contribute

Back
Top Bottom