Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

The Bills have Harvin in for a visit so things should resolve soon.
I think we should give Harvins agent a call to make it interesting.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 16m 16 minutes ago
Eagles HC Chip Kelly said his team was offered a first-round pick this morning for his QB Sam Bradford.

Boy I'd love to know who that was...and more importantly why Chip Kelly didn't take it.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 3h 3 hours ago
Frank Gore's deal now officially signed, per @RosenhausSports: 3 years for $12 million, including $8.5 million in the first 2 years.

Bad move for Gore. He's going to hate running behind that O-line.

I believe this hesitance with Clay IS preventing it. HE is what Miami is waiting on. They can work on other FAs, but I'm almost willing to bet the Phins won't sign ANYONE or at least, announce, until the Clay situation is resolved.

preventing a deal from being announced, yes.. preventing the Dolphins from contacting & going after FAs? I highly doubt it.

I really hope we have other guys in our sights

Hickey and co. know we have several holes that need to be filled. Tannenbaum even said as much to the media. I am sure we have other guys in our sights. They certainly made all of the cuts necessary to bring in guys they are going after. It might even take a couple of days, but I am positive we will fill more holes through FA.

The report that the Fins are on lockdown is gaining more credibility as we continue to here ZERO out of Davie, not even a Suh signing.. We can be sure that the FO isn't sitting around watching re-runs of Better Call Saul.

After the Suh signing, release of ALL the dead weight, and attempted trade for Jimmy Graham, you have to feel good about the Dolphins aggressive attitude towards revamping our team. I am even impressed by their stance on Clay. You want to go flirt with Buffalo? Fine. We bring in Jordan Cameron. Assuming Cameron is medically cleared, tell Clay he either comes signs a 1 year deal with Miami (with the promise of working out a long term deal) or the offer is off the table. Enjoy the frozen tundra.

There hasn't been a dolphin related tweet in almost 30 minutes. It is tooooo quiet..

Im confused and hope someone can answer this. Since we placed the tag we did on Clay, if he does not get another offer from another team, are we obligated to pay him the 7 million that comes with the tag for this year?

Im confused and hope someone can answer this. Since we placed the tag we did on Clay, if he does not get another offer from another team, are we obligated to pay him the 7 million that comes with the tag for this year?

If he signs the tender, you are on the hook.

Boy I'd love to know who that was...and more importantly why Chip Kelly didn't take it.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Bad move for Gore. He's going to hate running behind that O-line.

Seems to me they actually like Bradford. I think they would trade for Mariota if they had the chance, but I don't think they want to force themselves in a position where they HAVE to.

Shurmer has always been big on Bradford and Has already coached him, so I don't think this all just smoke and mirrors.

Yes if he wants to be a FA again next year but you can renegotiate the deal for a longer term contract and manipulate the numbers to both sides advantage, so the answer to your question is yes and no. As Hayden said he has to sign the tender first.

Okay, it makes more sense now. So in essence this is holding us up because we are not sure if we will have to allot that 7 million. Right or wrong?

It will be higher than the 7 million to match at first..

Back
Top Bottom