****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

8 million a year for a guy with career high of 3 TD’s 42 receptions and 554 yards. Pathetic.

So, wait, KC offense has three studs who are clearly better than Watkins in Hunt, Hill, and Kelce, but because Watkins got $16M per, he’s not a 4th option? I don’t get your logic. You think Andy Reid is going to force Watkins to be the #1 option in that offense just because of his paycheck?

You don't get my logic....Let me explain...They are paying him $16 million a year. That should say enough. They are not paying him that to be "the 4th option" at that price tag. Pretty simple. And I didn't say they were going to "force Watkins to be the #1 option", I said they're not paying him to be the 4th option. They're going to spread the ball around more evenly I suspect, given their abundance of talented receiver options. He should fit in nicely if he stays healthy. Very, very talented big play receiver.

I will say this . . . Kenny Stills contract look like an absolute bargain at this point.

So there is that.

Because Kenny Stills signed his contract last year. Kenny Stills on the free agent market this year probably gets $12-13M. It’s all about inflation.

I am completely blown away that we’re paying Wilson at this level.

here comes the overreaction for a player that no one knows anything about... it does mean they are probably moving on from Carroo

We know the Chiefs, who were extremely wide receiver-needy wouldn't come CLOSE to paying him this, and he was in their building for 4 years.

You think Adam Gase knows how to utilize players better than Andy Reid? I think not.

LMAO

The Dolphins are a real-life parody. We pay other teams meager free agents market value contracts, but not our own. You can't make this up, man.

Albert Wilson. LOL.

You don't get my logic....Let me explain...They are paying him $16 million a year. That should say enough. They are not paying him that to be "the 4th option" at that price tag. Pretty simple. And I didn't say they were going to "force Watkins to be the #1 option", I said they're not paying him to be the 4th option. They're going to spread the ball around more evenly I suspect, given their abundance of talented receiver options. He should fit in nicely if he stays healthy. Very, very talented big play receiver.

I don’t get your logic because your logic is flawed. I can see the signing from the angle that KC might have more of a deep game with Mahomes at QB rather than Alex Smith. Watkins should add an element to their offense in that respect....if he can stay on the field.

But, Reid has already said that he wants Hunt more involved in the passing game. And Kelce and Hill are not going to lose targets to Watkins.

But, hey, whatever. We’ll see where Watkins ends up at the end of the 2018 season.

Back
Top Bottom