Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy

Quelonio said:
As much as I did not want that foul to happen, you and I know that in the rules, if you foul coming from the bakc of the player, with a full hit with the cleats directly on a players leg, by rule you are supposed to be thrown out.

It was a clear red card, it was not a stupid play like Rossi's and rossi is probably going to be suspended for 3 games, while mastroeni is only going to be suspended one game. But that foul was a red card man.

If that was a red card, then about 10 other yellow cards we've seen in this WC were red cards. Thing is, whatever the rules say, the refs have their own "accepted" way of refereeing. For example, why is there such a bias towards the defending team in the penalty box?? Because refs don't like to give penalties.

You show that play to anyone who doesn't care about this game, that's a yellow!!

Prime Time said:
You are correct. But many guys where sayin 4-1, 3-1...and that our midfield couldn't contain the Italians. It seems the opposite to me.

But catenaccio has always been like that, they always give the start, and the ball to the other team, and they win by scoring when they have a chance. I don't think it is time to act way too confident.

I thought Reyna had a pretty good half as well, better than he did against the Chex, he is the key man, he has gotta play good and he needs to always be involved.

BS redcard. Just ask yourself this question . . if Italy did not have a red card earlier in the game for a foul, would he have gotten that red card?? I see that tackle atleast twice a game in this world cup, and its iffy on the yellow card even . . he was late, but not that late and he nipped the ball . . was a bad call, plain and simple. But if the U.S. keeps playing like they are, they will score again, no doubt about it, this is a different team from Monday.

ckb2001 said:
If that was a red card, then about 10 other yellow cards we've seen in this WC were red cards. Thing is, whatever the rules say, the refs have their own "accepted" way of refereeing. For example, why is there such a bias towards the defending team in the penalty box?? Because refs don't like to give penalties.

You show that play to anyone who doesn't care about this game, that's a yellow!!

Did you see the way he hit his ankle???

Did you see any replay of that foul???

If the Rossi ejectement had not happened you would not be debating that to be a red card, but since it did, then you defend it was to make things even. It was a clear red card.

takes longer for the players to get to locker room since they need to take the elevator, only ten people at time...is an old stadium

Back
Top Bottom