---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

If you are Justin Rose and you were on the final hole sitting at -15, you would have to think you were about to become the Masters Champion.

Unbelievable performance by Jordan Spieth.

Since my game is a joke, it's what I have to offer this thread.

53.jpg

Coming down to Atlanta on Memorial Day for Rush concert the following day. Any advice on courses in the area for a round on Tuesday?

I played Chateau elan this past weekend..Its really nice I recommend it. It is about 45 mins outside of Atlanta.
Stone Mountain- Cool course on Stone Mountain park, 15 mins from downtown. They have 2 courses Lakemont is more of a resort style, Stonemont a little longer IMO. greens at lakemont have been bad.
St Marlo- North of Atl 30 mins very nice great greens
Echelon- Very long, very scenic they built the course and planned on building a neighborhood (which never happened) the clubhouse is just a trailer.
Heritage- Close to Atl in Tucker, nice course for the price sucks on weekends bc it takes forever
Woodmont- Been a while since I played but it is good
Trophy club of Atl- Average at best
Bobby Jones in buckhead- below average
a couple I have not played but hear good things about: White columns, and another one owned by same company cant think of name,
city club of Marietta- Not good
Bear's Best- Can be expensive its a Jack Nicklaus course where every hole is a replica of another hole somewhere around the world. Wide open and very nice

I played Chateau elan this past weekend..Its really nice I recommend it. It is about 45 mins outside of Atlanta.
Stone Mountain- Cool course on Stone Mountain park, 15 mins from downtown. They have 2 courses Lakemont is more of a resort style, Stonemont a little longer IMO. greens at lakemont have been bad.
St Marlo- North of Atl 30 mins very nice great greens
Echelon- Very long, very scenic they built the course and planned on building a neighborhood (which never happened) the clubhouse is just a trailer.
Heritage- Close to Atl in Tucker, nice course for the price sucks on weekends bc it takes forever
Woodmont- Been a while since I played but it is good
Trophy club of Atl- Average at best
Bobby Jones in buckhead- below average
a couple I have not played but hear good things about: White columns, and another one owned by same company cant think of name,
city club of Marietta- Not good
Bear's Best- Can be expensive its a Jack Nicklaus course where every hole is a replica of another hole somewhere around the world. Wide open and very nice

Thx for the info. I'll check them all out and see what works best for our schedule. Golf league starts next Tuesday for me. Can't wait to smack that hybrid and land the ball on the green. Probably 3 putt after that but golf is all about the moments.

Thx for the info. I'll check them all out and see what works best for our schedule. Golf league starts next Tuesday for me. Can't wait to smack that hybrid and land the ball on the green. Probably 3 putt after that but golf is all about the moments.

Be sure to look at Echelon its in Alpharetta so it will be real close to your stay. I think Golf Magazine has it the 11th best course in GA...

Next weekend is my 3 day golf trip at st simons Island...Great group of 50 guys, such a fun weekend.
one round Friday, 2 Saturday and 1 sunday. All beer you can drink, 2 bedroom villas with to stay in, breakfast and dinner (low country broil, southern bbq) buffets all included in 400 dollar price. Only about a 4.5 hour drive for me, I cant wait!

On another note I played a buddy skins this past weekend at Chateau Elan golf club the Woodlands course..
We both shot 93 and he won 13-5 skins! Ask me how that's possible, lost 80 bucks!
we won a carry over hole worth 5 and two worth 3

Next weekend is my 3 day golf trip at st simons Island...Great group of 50 guys, such a fun weekend.
one round Friday, 2 Saturday and 1 sunday. All beer you can drink, 2 bedroom villas with to stay in, breakfast and dinner (low country broil, southern bbq) buffets all included in 400 dollar price. Only about a 4.5 hour drive for me, I cant wait!

Sounds like a good time to me. :brewskis:

Jordan Spieth made up for bad round yesterday by shooting 9 under today. 3 over one day and 9 under the next. That is what you call figuring out a course.

I'm watching it now. The kid is unbelievable.

He is only a -150 play vs furyk tomorrow. Tempting........

To be continued...

Back
Top Bottom