---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Played at River Pines in Alpharetta, GA on Tuesday. Ended up shooting a 95 playing with a hangover from the previous night for most of the round. Ended up getting par on the last 3 holes and winning the match with my buddy from Mississippi. The third in our group almost hit a hole in one on the 16th. His ball mark was 6 feet directly in front of the pin. The ball rolled past the cup and came to rest 5 feet past. If you lined up the two you could see he missed by an inch. He then proceeded to 3-putt. After that he said god hated him and refused to play the last 2 holes.

As Slk018 had mentioned this course had a few quirky holes where you had to tone down the drive and keep your first shot under 200 yards to avoid water hazards. All in all it was a really nice course though. Greens were excellent. The third in our group didn't like it because he was used to being able to use the adjacent fairway. But this course was tight and edges of fairways were guarded by Pine trees. That and a 12 pack cost him $43. There was an interesting sign on the first hole. Beware of snakes and bumble bee's. We never saw either.

5a78bc2676895e2fa70eb7af30a28e82.jpg

39c469021a1a3e772df8b342c37e5496.jpg

Zen Ridge chipping green has been modified in year 2. My brother and I are adding an 1/8 mile clay go-kart track on the ridge. In the middle will be a chipping fairway that allows me to practice from 130 in without losing all my golf balls in the savannah. Plus it will cut down on all my other mowing by letting other parts of yard grow out.
We are looking at 6 HP carts that do about 40 mph. If we get the banking right into the hill we should be able to run 15-20 second laps. Saturday drinking racing league coming soon at Zen Ridge Raceway. Should be lots of fun.

Got invited by the Pro at my course, to play on his team in a local Pro-Am tourn tomoro (Monday). I'm a bit nervous to play with him, but what the hell right, even the pros shank em!! Supposed to be kinda cool and rainy tho. I hope that changes a bit by tee off!

Show those pro's how it's done Danny :brewskis:

Got invited by the Pro at my course, to play on his team in a local Pro-Am tourn tomoro (Monday). I'm a bit nervous to play with him, but what the hell right, even the pros shank em!! Supposed to be kinda cool and rainy tho. I hope that changes a bit by tee off!
UPDATE: Unfortunately postponed due to heavy rains..

UPDATE: Unfortunately postponed due to heavy rains..

yeah its in the 50's here and rainy. Not your typical golf day in the mid west. Supposed to warm up for golf league tomorrow though.

yeah its in the 50's here and rainy. Not your typical golf day in the mid west. Supposed to warm up for golf league tomorrow though.
Ya it's just like that here.. 50 and rainy.. Been in the 80's the whole month of May.. Having a bit of a setback today and half the day tomoro. Guess we did need some rain tho for the greens. Sunny and warm again starting Wednesday. Can't wait to get back out there!

Still in the 50's here today. It is supposed to be 70 when we tee off at 4. I'll believe it when I see it.
I suck at golf when it is cold. It takes too many holes to get warmed up.

Playing the Brickyard country club for free on Friday.
That's where my friend AG dropped several thousand on his daughters wedding . It's a beautiful course but has many water holes so we are gonna need plenty of balls :)

Didn't make it to 70 today but 65 degrees wasn't bad. The sky cleared somewhat.
Had a killer round shooting 46 with par on the final two holes to snatch victory away from my buddy who was leading after 7 holes.
A couple holes early I hit a Texas wedge from 30 ft off the green with 10 ft of break. It made it on the green and it was looking good. It started to break and hit the pin and almost went in for a 60 ft birdie. I taped in for par on that hole. Also had a par on an earlier par 5. 4 pars in 9 holes and I left another 5 shots out there with several bad shots. Makes you want to go out and play some more.

Playing the Brickyard country club for free on Friday.
That's where my friend AG dropped several thousand on his daughters wedding . It's a beautiful course but has many water holes so we are gonna need plenty of balls :)

Free golf is the best. But those balls are going to cost you. :chuckle:
Good luck.

I have free passes to the Memorial Tournament on Saturday for me and my brother. He has never been to PGA event. The vendor has a house on the 13th fairway. Should be lots of fun.

Didn't make it to 70 today but 65 degrees wasn't bad. The sky cleared somewhat.
Had a killer round shooting 46 with par on the final two holes to snatch victory away from my buddy who was leading after 7 holes.
A couple holes early I hit a Texas wedge from 30 ft off the green with 10 ft of break. It made it on the green and it was looking good. It started to break and hit the pin and almost went in for a 60 ft birdie. I taped in for par on that hole. Also had a par on an earlier par 5. 4 pars in 9 holes and I left another 5 shots out there with several bad shots. Makes you want to go out and play some more.
What's a 'Texas Wedge'?

Played in a neighboring city's fire dept tournament today. We came in 5th. Shot 6 under collectively. Played pretty well myself. Used quite a few of my shots. It was best ball format. Playing a regular round tomoro, which will bring me back to earth, when I no doubt shoot in the 90's!!

Back
Top Bottom