---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Rory just made a 60 foot putt to close to within 2. Going to be a great finish :brewskis:

My man Dustin Johnson just absolutely SMOKED one down the center of the fairway on 18. Pulverized.

putt_zpsuamvzywk.gif

Those four footers are a bitch. Cograts to Jordan for the second leg :brewskis:

Lou I've been meaning to ask you if you got out to the memorial again this year.i know 71 did. Great weather this time around and a fine tournament again.

Dusted off the sticks lately ?

putt_zpsuamvzywk.gif

Those four footers are a bitch. Cograts to Jordan for the second leg :brewskis:

Lou I've been meaning to ask you if you got out to the memorial again this year.i know 71 did. Great weather this time around and a fine tournament again.

Dusted off the sticks lately ?

I've never been the Memorial. I did go to Sunday's round of the PGA Championship at Valhalla last August.

So far I haven't been out this summer. With 2 small children, a bathroom remodel, and an ailing mother, I likely won't make it out even to the driving range this season. It sucks.

That's right. i got my events mixed up :crazy:
Sounds like you have your hands full right now brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
attempted 18 holes yesterday.. Made it through 10 in 3 hours before canning it. What a disaster, couldn't get into any kind of rhythm waiting ever shot. Started off plus 1 through 4 then went in the tank, 48 through 10 holes (3 par 3's).

Highlight of the day was a beautiful 172 yard 7 iron 6 feet from pin on an uphill par 3 wurrounded by bunkers. Driving to the the fringe on 2nd hole (They list it at 310, but if you ghit it high enough and cut the trees its 270 directly at it) and missing a 3 foot birdie putt after a nice chip.
My favorite one : hole 4 Bringing back the slice and clearing all the trees and ending up next to the green on hole 6. GPS gave me 242 to the green from 2 holes away, stuck a 3 wood inside 10 feet, and as always 2 putted for par..

I cant stand waiting around and having a long round, takes the fun out of it for me. Plus, they don't serve beer here until after 12:30 on Sunday...

I've seen a lot of guys hitting hybrids on the course recently, anyone have any experience with them?

Go back two or three pages for some discussion on them.
I love my new 3H which goes about 200 or so yards and is much easier to hit than a fairway wood. 71 has been using one of them for quite a while and says it took strokes off his game.
I've had a 4H for about a year and love it . So much easier to hit than a 4 iron.

Good to have you posting in the thread guy :up:

Well it happened today.. Sick of spraying my driver everywhere, I put it away in the back 9, and used my 3 wood off the tee instead.. Shot one of my best 9 holes ever! Think I may leave the driver in the trunk for awhile, til I figure what the heck I'm doing wrong, and stick with the 3.. Hell, I'm only losing 30 yards at most, most times less. I can live with that right?

My theory is golf clubs have personalities. Putting your driver away let him (or her) know they can be easily replace if they fail to perform properly. Not wanting that to happen your driver was on it's best behavior this time out :up:
I just finish 9 myself. Was playing lights out until i hit one in the lake and then three putted two of the last three holes :tubes:

Haven't played in almost 2 weeks. But my brother and I did some chipping the other night when I got back from Virginia. Amazing how you take time off and you seem to do better. I was putting some chips real close to my pin. It has been raining here for almost 2 weeks so you have to squeeze a round in between the storms

Back
Top Bottom