---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Things are buzzing around the city right now getting ready for the PGA Championship. They just announced that all of the 100 top players in the world have committed to come to Louisville to play in it. First time ever in a major that has happened.

I'll be watching. Do you play Lou ?

I do but I've only played once this summer (on the day before the Kentucky Derby). With little ones running around its difficult to get out, especially for nine on the weeknights. Once their old enough to take the sport up, I'm guessing that will change.

Sergio is on fire. Never liked that guy and I'm hoping someone catches him. Rory and Richie still in the hunt.

#14 finally got Sergio. But 37 holes without a bogey is pretty damn good.

the prick :chuckle:

is it wrong to enjoy it when these pros miss short putts because I do :idk:

To be continued tomorrow

Sergio and Rory inspired me enough to play a round on my chipping course. Got my 1st hole in one at Zen Ridge. My 3rd try on the 1st hole (45 yards) hit the pin and dropped in. My game dropped off on the longer holes and I missed my course record by 2 points. Had another shot miss by 18 inches from 95 yards. Slowly getting better.

:1st:

I've come close over the years but alas no cigar.

Rory is playing lights out and Sergio is stumping. Bradley also playing well. Expecting a great finish.

Yep Rory is taking it to him.

What is the longest shot you have ever holed from not on the tee box?

A couple years ago I hit a good drive on a short par 4 and it trickled into rough. On the second I chunked it and it barely made back in the fairway. Now laying 2 and 140 yards away. Hit a perfect 3rd to a blind pin. When I went up my ball was in the cup for a birdie.
Never had a real hole on one on a course. Maybe someday

Almost did it last week on a 600 yard par 5. Driver, 5 wood , 7 iron hit the flag , tap in birdie. That was from about 150 yards out. Been a while since I holed one from long distance.

Good battle to the finish. Maybe a playoff ?

nope Rory wins :hi5:

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Rory won most of the battle on the 1st hole. After hitting his drive in the trees that 2nd shot was spectacular.
Looks like he is in trouble but then he hits it low under the trees and 4 ft from the hole to start with a birdie.
Sergio felt the pressure after that.

I've tried that shot many times and never came close to even getting it on the green. Always end up short or swing too hard and hit a branch.
That was just about a perfect shot.

Unbelievable how far those guys were driving the ball.

Have fun in merry ole England :brewskis:

That drive on 18 by Rory was 330 yards into 1 degree window. Distance and accuracy. He will be hard to beat this weekend.

Golf league now. Get to play a real course. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom