Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread! | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread!

whatever you say :rolleyes: yesterday you said not to look at the number of FTs but now you want to, the fact is that Haslem, Shaq, Mourning and D.Jones were all in foul trouble by half time so yeah the calls were one sided in the Pistons favor. That dumb ref even mistook E.Jones for D.Jones and gave the wrong Jones the foul

nick19991 said:
whatever you say :rolleyes: yesterday you said not to look at the number of FTs but now you want to, the fact is that Haslem, Shaq, Mourning and D.Jones were all in foul trouble by half time so yeah the calls were one sided in the Pistons favor. That dumb ref even mistook E.Jones for D.Jones and gave the wrong Jones the foul

And all of them were legit fouls except for 1 bad call against Shaq. 25 FTs in 1 half is a HUGE # and it allowed Miami to stay in it while Shaq was on the sideline. The officiating has been horreendous all series long but it has been more in Miami's favor than the Pistons.

nyjunc said:
But you enjoy it when the heat players whine and cry after every foul called against them?

I think many times we have legitimate gripes. But you can't tell me we do it after every foul. And we don't act up nearly as much as Detroit does.

Muck said:
I think many times we have legitimate gripes. But you can't tell me we do it after every foul. And we don't act up nearly as much as Detroit does.

I am a neutral observer, I don't like either team and I see both teams whining non stop. Sometimes they have a reason to but alot of times they are legit fouls.

nyjunc said:
I am a neutral observer, I don't like either team and I see both teams whining non stop. Sometimes they have a reason to but alot of times they are legit fouls.

You are a neutral observer? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Like I said...doesn't matter anyway...we did our job....we got home court.

Detroit has to beat us at least twice at home in this series and to win in six...they have to win 3 in a row against us....good luck with that.

We will win game 5.....game 6 is going to be a barn burner.....

And to say that the Heat whines and ******* as much as Detroit after foul calls...is just plain wrong.

Haslem is the only guy on our team that complains constantly...and he complains with a smile on his face.....ZO complains once a game....the rest of the team...maybe once a game.....The Pistons? :roflmao:

Rasheed threatens to burn down the arena...rape the refs wife....then pulls a gun out on the court...and of course...no technical.

I agree with those who have said that the officiating has been horrible in this series - on both sides.

But then, I have a problem with the officiating in the NBA in general; why is it that subjective offiating is accepted so readily?

You often hear that a player is a rookie, therefore "won't get the calls." You have an official walk up to Riley in the '03 season and say that he's glad to see Riley struggling for once.

Look no further than the way Shaq is officiated: He really, literally gets hit on the arms three and four times every time he has the ball, and usually no call. And the reason I hear is that it's because he's so big...or because he's Shaq.

So, because a player is exceptional and can dominate at will, it's the ref's job to neutralize him a bit? What kind of horsesh!t is THAT?

Can you envision a ref in football ever refereeing a prticular player differently? Calling Randy Moss's catches tighter, not giving him the close sideline calls because he's too good, and the ref feels he has to neutralize him a bit?

Holy **** man, someone explain this happy mierda to me, please!

NaboCane said:
I agree with those who have said that the officiating has been horrible in this series - on both sides.

But then, I have a problem with the officiating in the NBA in general; why is it that subjective offiating is accepted so readily?

You often hear that a player is a rookie, therefore "won't get the calls." You have an official walk up to Riley in the '03 season and say that he's glad to see Riley struggling for once.

Look no further than the way Shaq is officiated: He really, literally gets hit on the arms three and four times every time he has the ball, and usually no call. And the reason I hear is that it's because he's so big...or because he's Shaq.

So, because a player is exceptional and can dominate at will, it's the ref's job to neutralize him a bit? What kind of horsesh!t is THAT?

Can you envision a ref in football ever refereeing a prticular player differently? Calling Randy Moss's catches tighter, not giving him the close sideline calls because he's too good, and the ref feels he has to neutralize him a bit?

Holy **** man, someone explain this happy mierda to me, please!

It's the NBA man...the only league that regularly tries to sway games one way or another....

I still remember game 1 of the ECF between the HEAT and the BULLS in 97? The HEAT was rolling in the first half....and in the third quarter Voshon Lenard was going nuts...we had a 3 point lead....they hit Voshon with 4 fouls inside 2 minutes...Hit ZO for 3 to put him at five....and started calling every single foul under the sun......At one point The Bulls had scored 2 FG's in the 3rd period...and yet had opened a 9 point lead....while the HEAT had scored 11 FG's and had taken two free throws.

I looked at my friend and said..."These azzholes are not even going to let us make this a series." "They want Riley outta here."

It's really sad really...that Jordan's signature highlight is the game winning shot against the JAZZ....where he of course is pushing off on Byron Russell.

Section126 said:
It's the NBA man...the only league that regularly tries to sway games one way or another....

I still remember game 1 of the ECF between the HEAT and the BULLS in 97? The HEAT was rolling in the first half....and in the third quarter Voshon Lenard was going nuts...we had a 3 point lead....they hit Voshon with 4 fouls inside 2 minutes...Hit ZO for 3 to put him at five....and started calling every single foul under the sun......At one point The Bulls had scored 2 FG's in the 3rd period...and yet had opened a 9 point lead....while the HEAT had scored 11 FG's and had taken two free throws.

I looked at my friend and said..."These azzholes are not even going to let us make this a series." "They want Riley outta here."

It's really sad really...that Jordan's signature highlight is the game winning shot against the JAZZ....where he of course is pushing off on Byron Russell.

And that's part of my point; when Jordan was playing, he was CLEARLY favored by the officials, and yes, he was all-world-talented and no one can deny that - but why have different standards for different players, or even different groups of players?

Why officiate Shaq differently - so he won't completely dominate games? How about Jordan, he was exceptional and could dictate a game but they HELPED him with calls!? Why the discrepancy.

Why call rookies differently? What kind of bullsh!t is that, arbitrarily and unanimously deciding as a group that you will officiate these guys differently - read: unfairly? When the inherent definition of a referee's job is to ENSURE FAIRNESS!?

And my real question is - why is this accepted common knowledge - announcers even call it out as part of the game, without surprise or indignation?

I swear I don't get it - but what I get even less is how you can have a system in which blatant favoritism is not only accepted, but part of the institution?

NaboCane said:
And that's part of my point; when Jordan was playing, he was CLEARLY favored by the officials, and yes, he was all-world-talented and no one can deny that - but why have different standards for different players, or even different groups of players?

Why officiate Shaq differently - so he won't completely dominate games? How about Jordan, he was exceptional and could dictate a game but they HELPED him with calls!? Why the discrepancy.

Why call rookies differently? What kind of bullsh!t is that, arbitrarily and unanimously deciding as a group that you will officiate these guys differently - read: unfairly? When the inherent definition of a referee's job is to ENSURE FAIRNESS!?

And my real question is - why is this accepted common knowledge - announcers even call it out as part of the game, without surprise or indignation?

I swear I don't get it - but what I get even less is how you can have a system in which blatant favoritism is not only accepted, but part of the institution?

It just happens...what can I tell you? Watch game 5 in Miami...they will probably call it right down the middle......unless....of course....Steve Javi is the Official that night...he hates Riley and will probably screw us....

You want a stat that should shame the NBA? Pat Riley is a HOF coach.....and we all know he has a high win %...then...why is it that his teams since he went to the Knicks and until now are 11-31 in games Javi officiates? That Stat was put up by Sunshine network early this season...and the NBA made them not put it up again....

Just sad.....

Section126 said:

Good question :roflmao: :roflmao:

Section126 said:

Absolutely, I don't like the Pistons at all. I am pulling for them b/c of the thief but I don't really care one way or the other besides that.

nyjunc said:
Absolutely, I don't like the Pistons at all. I am pulling for them b/c of the thief but I don't really care one way or the other besides that.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

BTW...did you see the thief make Ben Wallace swallow the basketball?

I swear....Spider Web Head tried to make a fool out of ZO and ZO made a fool out of him......

The 2nd best block of the playoffs.....only because it was in garbage time and Amare's block of Duncan was HUGE.

NaboCane said:

And you think this doesnt go on in your favorite sport? Rice and Irvin got away with all kinds of crap once they had made a name for themselves. You dont think officials overlook a hold when Ogden or Pace is the player? Fans want to see the great players make the plays.

Ferretsquig said:
And you think this doesnt go on in your favorite sport? Rice and Irvin got away with all kinds of crap once they had made a name for themselves. You dont think officials overlook a hold when Ogden or Pace is the player? Fans want to see the great players make the plays.

That is also a sad commentary.....

You bring up a great point....Tony Boselli was famous...or should I say INFAMOUS for his holding which of course...never got called.

Back
Top Bottom