*** OFFICIAL JAGUARS @ DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL JAGUARS @ DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 15

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's Chad Henne's reckoning!
:lol2::hump:

200pxJacksonville_Jaguarssvg-1.png
@
200pxMiami_Dolphins_logosvg-1.png

DVcgbe6981jpeg-1.jpg

at Sun Life Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida

TELEVISION

week15-1.jpg

240pxNfloncbs_logopng-1.jpg

NFL on CBS HD (JAX@MIA in GREEN)
Play-by-Play Analyst: Marv Albert
Color Commentator: Rich Gannon

Kickoff at 1 ET

INJURY REPORT
FP - Full Participation in Practice
LP - Limited Participation
DNP - Did Not Practice

Jacksonville
Out
RB Maurice Jones-Drew (foot - DNP)
RB Rashad Jennings (concussion - DNP)
RB Jordan Todman (calf - DNP)
DE George Selvie (concussion - DNP)
CB Aaron Ross (calf - DNP)

Probable
RB/FB Greg Jones (thigh - FP)
WR Cecil Shorts III (concussion - FP)
C Brad Meester (foot - FP)
DT Tyson Alualu (calf - FP)
CB Rashean Mathis (groin - FP)
CB Derek Cox (hamstring - FP)
S Dwight Lowery (foot - FP)

Miami
Out
WR Davone Bess (back - DNP)
LB Koa Mii (ankle - DNP)

Probable
WR Brian Hartline (glute - FP)
LB Karlos Dansby (biceps - FP)
LB Austin Spitler (ankle - FP)
S Chris Clemons (ribs - FP)
S Jimmy Wilson (hip - FP)
S Jonathan Amaya (neck - FP)
P Brandon Fields (knee - FP)

WEATHER

bknpng-1.jpg

Partly sunny, with a high near 80. East wind 7 to 13 mph.
National Weather Service Miami - Forecast for Sun Life Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS
ESPN/STATS LLC / ESPN Analyst Picks
Yahoo! Sports/Associated Press

[video=youtube;8NsJ84YV1oA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsJ84YV1oA[/video]

[video=youtube;n8bzZEtOcb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n8bzZEtOcb8[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
What a huge game for many in the Fins organization...esp. Jeff Ireland.

While I do expect an ugly Fins win, I would not be shocked if they lost. Mike Mularkey pulled back on his players at practice this week. He was also ill so I am sure their team rallies around him. The Jags have good receivers in Lewis, Shorts and Blackmon. Then there is the Chad Henne factor. The Fins are missing Bess and Misi. The stadium will be empty.

I expect a dogfight and just a straight up ugly game. A win is needed on so many levels for both teams.

What a huge game for many in the Fins organization...esp. Jeff Ireland.

While I do expect an ugly Fins win, I would not be shocked if they lost. Mike Mularkey pulled back on his players at practice this week. He was also ill so I am sure their team rallies around him. The Jags have good receivers in Lewis, Shorts and Blackmon. Then there is the Chad Henne factor. The Fins are missing Bess and Misi. The stadium will be empty.

I expect a dogfight and just a straight up ugly game. A win is needed on so many levels for both teams.

One thing is for sure the Jags cannot be underestimated. This team took the Texans all the way a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow is a celebration of history that will never be repeated ever by any other team in NFL. This is for all of our old-timers just like myself who got to see those 1972 Miami Dolphins who brought home not one but two trophies (72 and 73) it all started in 71 when this team was getting hot. See, I was only 2 and 3 at the time when that happened and I became a Miami Dolphins fan 30+ years ago I went to Super Bowl XVII and XIX when I lived in California and I love the history and pride of our organization. It is what we have left as an old memory we will never forget. I hope tomorrow the current 2012 Miami Dolphins honor them with a solid win and look forward to this team BUILDING not REBUILDING into the franchise it once was back then. Where us proud fans can say here we are and we are back on top of the NFL and noone will stop us for years to come. We old-timers miss that and for all the young guys and girls who are fans as well WE WILL BE CHAMPIONS once again!!!! Let's go out and cheer our boys on to victory. WIN or LOSE!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow is a celebration of history that will never be repeated ever by any other team in NFL. This is for all of our old-timers just like myself who got to see those 1972 Miami Dolphins who brought home not one but two trophies (72 and 73) it all started in 71 when this team was getting hot. See, I was only 2 and 3 at the time when that happened and I became a Miami Dolphins fan 30+ years ago I went to Super Bowl XVII and XIX when I lived in California and I love the history and pride of our organization. It is what we have left as an old memory we will never forget. I hope tomorrow the current 2012 Miami Dolphins honor them with a solid win and look forward to this team BUILDING not REBUILDING into the franchise it once was back then. Where us proud fans can say here we are and we are back on top of the NFL and noone will stop us for years to come. We old-timers miss that and for all the young guys and girls who are fans as well WE WILL BE CHAMPIONS once again!!!! Let's go out and cheer our boys on to victory. WIN or LOSE!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

Sunday is the 40th anniversary of the final regular season game of 1972. I remember it well, particularly the frustrating end to the fourth quarter. You would think the fans would have been elated to complete a perfect regular season but that was hardly the feeling in the Orange Bowl as the game ended. We never doubted we would win. Baltimore was weak that year, by far their worst season in memory. But they were surprisingly tough in the finale, particularly on defense.

Miami spent the fourth quarter determined to get 1000 yards for Mercury Morris, which would mean the first team with two 1000 yard backs in the same season. Csonka was already there. Rick Weaver provided the countdown on WIOD. You could hear those pocket radios everywhere in the stands. Frustration mounted in Weaver's voice and throughout the Orange Bowl as the Colts shut down one Morris rush after another. We'd pitch it to him and the Colts swarmed to the ball, stuffing the play for virtually nothing. Frankly, it was difficult to believe. Everything broke positively for the Dolphins in 1972 and 1973 with very rare exception. This was one of them.

Morris ended up with a then-career high 26 rushing attempts. Only one time in his career did he match or surpass that 26 attempts. But against the Colts he managed barely 3 yards per carry, and he finished 8 yards shy of 1000. I'll never forget the down mood as everyone filtered out of the stadium.

Then days later the NFL discovered 8 missing yards from an earlier game, pushing Morris to exactly 1000. Those missing yards were mocked by fans and media alike. One wag found hundreds of yards needed by a different running back. But I tell you what, it was legit. The play in question was a major screw up by the statistical crew. It was obvious at the time. Earl Morrall threw a quick pass to the left that only traveled a foot or so before being swatted by a defensive lineman. The ball ricocheted deep into the backfield, where Morris alertly fell on it. This was in the Orange Bowl, I believe against Buffalo. Everyone in the crowd howled at the call, wondering how the referees missed that it rightfully was an incomplete forward pass, not a lateral. At the time we were livid at the 8 yard loss but it came in handy at season's end.

That was the first major statistical change I can think of, long after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom