***Official Miami Excuse Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Excuse Thread***

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
Now that the coordinators are set, now is a good time to go ahead and list what are sure to be the excuses from the kool aid crew should ShanCoker fall on his face yet again this fall.

1.) Injuries. An injury at QB, CB, OT, LB or TE could be devastating. Injuries happen so we'll likely get hit at one of these spots. Of course, Shanntard has had 3 classes to shore up these holes, but that won't stop the excuses crew.

2.) New coordinators. They are still picking up the systems. I expect a heavy dose of this one after OU kicks their ***** all the way up into Shalala's private box.

3.) Schedule.

4.) Youth. NEXT year will be the year. Rinse, repeat.

I also expect to hear about the 2010 Dade recruiting class, and how it will fall apart if LLLLLLLLLLLLLannard is fired.

All the "top 10" recruiting classes in the world can't overcome piss poor coaching and player development...

Rinse..repeat..

Did Shannon just hire a special teams coach to run the defense? lol

This is just my personal opinion...but I feel Shannon will fall prey to the "Ron Zook"
method.What I mean is he will recruit very well,but under perform on the field,setting up a higher profile coach to come in and do very well.
Scuttlebut around Alabama that I'm hearing,is Tommy Tubervile will be looking to get
back into coaching in a year or two.With the money from his Auburn buyout (6 mill)
he could afford to take a high profile job that might not pay what he was getting
at Auburn,but the Miami job,he was a asst. their under J.J.would be something he would be interested in...and he wouldn't be back in the SEC.
I don't like him..but he does know how to beat Florida.
Plus, after the Tide..I guess the Canes would be my 2nd favorite team..or whoever
Auburn is playing.
Any of you with Miami ties heard any of this and what are your feelings if something like this went down in the next few years?

Tuberville's a good coach, I wouldn't mind seeing him if Lannard is fired after another uninspring season.

Its a shame to see a mod start a SPAM thread.

Whats your excuse?

It's not a spam thread at all. I'm sure that if Miami tanks this year, there'll be a plethora of excuses.

I'm just getting out ahead of the curve.

Who has said that this team was going to be successful this year? We all know that the schedule is brutal this year, and that our team is very young. It's common sense that it's going to take Randy 4 years to turn this program around to the way it used to be because it takes time to get talent and depth on the roster. Can we still beat teams like Va Tech and FSU? Yes, but we can't go undefeated in the ACC just yet. There's too much of a challenge every week to do that. These guys also need to accumulate the mental toughness that it takes to play on this level.
And, of course, Randy isn't going to be Bob Stoops after two years of head coaching experience. Give the guy a break! He's a new coach! He still has a lot to learn too, but I do believe that he is the right guy for the program and will be the guy to get us back on top. Hopefully he's picked the right guys for his assistants, so we can finally get some consistency with the coaches and the players. I think we won't lose more than 3 regular season games this year. If that's a failure to some of you, then so be it.

Funny, but Butch Davis didn't need "his guys" to turn around UNC. Neither did Paul Johnson at GT.

I was never a big supporter of Shannons, but his clock management at the end of the Emerald Bowl sealed it for me.

The GT team that got blown out in the Peach Bowl by LSU? That sounds familiar - I don't recall Larry Coker being considered the savior after that happened to us. And we didn't beat Gardner-Webb (I didn't make this up) 10-7 that year after blocking a last second FG.

And UNC lost the Meineke Car Care Bowl this year, and also lost to Virginia and Maryland.

If those are the standards you're setting for Randy Shannon, I'd say he's already met those. He's not the best coach in the entire world just yet, but he's only had 2 years experience. And now that he's getting a talented OC, I'm expecting those type of clock management mistakes to end.

Yeah, but he's 11-13 against D-1A teams. How much longer does he get? Another losing season, those recruits might not find UM too appealing.

We're Miami of Florida, not Miami of Ohio.

We didn't have a losing season last year, we went 7-5 during the regular season. We're going to clean up in recruiting in 2010, but I think Randy will be held accountable the following recruiting season. But I think we'll be a national contender by then (better than Paul Johnson and Butch Davis will ever be with their current teams).

Yeah, but he's 11-13 against D-1A teams. How much longer does he get? Another losing season, those recruits might not find UM too appealing.

We're Miami of Florida, not Miami of Ohio.

I have never seen a more negative "fan" of a team in my life.

Im not a fan of Shannon's coaching but i love his recruting.

"We're still paying Coker's contract" is one of the excuses I like to use when I get drunk and take it to the extreme for cheap laughs after a loss lol. And then I'll stagger around pulling out all of my Lance Leggett jokes which takes me about 2.5 hours to cycle thru. :lol:

Maybe we can overextend Shannon, and when he's let go, we can hire another assistant off of his failed staff.

Back
Top Bottom