Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

Bring back Posey, forget Kapono. He's not worth going into the tax for.

Btw, Pat Riley suuuuuuure has a "love jones" for Thaddeus Young. He had a workout with the Heat the other day, and my brother saw them at dinner the same night.

I know that PG is a pressing need, but we cannot reach for one at #20. I'm having cold feet about Javaris Crittenton the more I read about him and how raw he is. Acie Law would be a sure pick, and I feel the same about Rodney Stuckey, too. However, if those two are gone, I don't know.. IMO, if the top 4 PG's are gone, it means that one of those G/F's will fall into our laps. Whether it's Thaddeus Young or Derrick Byars.. either would be a fantastic selection at #20. I believe that Zabian Dowdell will be sitting there at #39, if worst meets worst for us at #20 with the PG's. Another guy that I am simply beyond intrigued with is fellow ganja smoker, Sean Williams. He's a defensive beast, and he'd fit right in the mold of what Alonzo Mourning does for us.

I actually like Gabe Pruitt, but I'm not sure he's a Pat Riley PG. Think Devin Harris with range in his shot, and you basically have Pruitt. You'd probably have to take away the penetration since Harris is far better at that, yet the crybaby ****, too.

Scouts are falling in love with Petteri Koponen of Finland, but thankfully, like myself, Riles tends to shy away from International players.

Bring back Posey, forget Kapono. He's not worth going into the tax for.

Btw, Pat Riley suuuuuuure has a "love jones" for Thaddeus Young. He had a workout with the Heat the other day, and my brother saw them at dinner the same night.

I know that PG is a pressing need, but we cannot reach for one at #20. I'm having cold feet about Javaris Crittenton the more I read about him and how raw he is. Acie Law would be a sure pick, and I feel the same about Rodney Stuckey, too. However, if those two are gone, I don't know.. IMO, if the top 4 PG's are gone, it means that one of those G/F's will fall into our laps. Whether it's Thaddeus Young or Derrick Byars.. either would be a fantastic selection at #20. I believe that Zabian Dowdell will be sitting there at #39, if worst meets worst for us at #20 with the PG's.

I actually like Gabe Pruitt, but I'm not sure he's a Pat Riley PG. Think Devin Harris with range in his shot, and you basically have Pruitt. You'd probably have to take away the penetration since Harris is far better at that, yet the crybaby ****, too.

Crittenton is going to the Hawks at 11! Yes its a reach but its the Hawks not me drafting. Actually the rumor is that Miami is very likely to trade the 20th pick. For what I have no idea

Crittenton is going to the Hawks at 11! Yes its a reach but its the Hawks not me drafting. Actually the rumor is that Miami is very likely to trade the 20th pick. For what I have no idea

In my latest mock, I have him going #11 as well, and I hope it pans out. Actually, what I'd like to see is Mike Conley slip all the way down to #11, so that Crittenton goes #14/15, and Rodney Stuckey goes to Washington or L.A. if they opt for a guard, and Acie Law free falls. Many scouts believe that Stuckey is Detroit's guy, but they also like a few of those swingmen/forwards, so I'd be careful there.. Dumars loves Nick Young, as a matter of Chad Ford's mouth. I didn't really think Washington would be a threat to take a guard, but they are very interested in pairing Stuckey up with Arenas, and having him as an insurance policy if Arenas leaves when he opts out next summer.

If Conley makes it to #11, then Law or Stuckey should fall.

In my latest mock, I have him going #11 as well, and I hope it pans out. Actually, what I'd like to see is Mike Conley slip all the way down to #11, so that Crittenton goes #14/15, and Rodney Stuckey goes to Washington or L.A. if they opt for a guard, and Acie Law free falls. Many scouts believe that Stuckey is Detroit's guy, but they also like a few of those swingmen/forwards, so I'd be careful there.. Dumars loves Nick Young, as a matter of Chad Ford's mouth. I didn't really think Washington would be a threat to take a guard, but they are very interested in pairing Stuckey up with Arenas, and having him as an insurance policy if Arenas leaves when he opts out next summer.

If Conley makes it to #11, then Law or Stuckey should fall.

There is no way that Conley drops that far. No way at all! Most Heat fans are just hoping for Acie Law. Arenas is probably gone when he gets the chance.

There is no way that Conley drops that far. No way at all! Most Heat fans are just hoping for Acie Law. Arenas is probably gone when he gets the chance.
No way at all? That is a ridiculous statement. This is the NBA Draft, it's a crapshoot. Look at Marcus Williams dropping into the 20's last year. If Minnesota gets Boston's pick, then Conley is a top 10 lock. Otherwise, there's a decent chance he can fall to #11. I'm not saying it will happen, but there's a decent chance. I guess you haven't looked at the overall board yet, and not just PG's. There are a ton of players that MOST scouts have rated over Conley.

King how can you say Posey is worth bringing back? Honestly what has he really done?

What has James Posey done? Come on. James Posey does all the little things necessary to win. Did you watch the Finals last year? That's the problem.. people look at Posey's stats and not how he actually plays. If only they'd do the same with Bruce Bowen. All that diving into the stands and onto the scorer's table for loose balls, the great defense he displays, the energy, etc. that's what makes him a valuable asset to this team. Not to mention he's a great 3-point shooter. Nothing spectacular, but simply a solid basketball player and excellent role player.

James Posey does 2x more for this team than Jason Kapono.

Watching Jason Kapono try and stay in front of his man gives me nightmares.

No way at all? That is a ridiculous statement. This is the NBA Draft, it's a crapshoot. Look at Marcus Williams dropping into the 20's last year. If Minnesota gets Boston's pick, then Conley is a top 10 lock. Otherwise, there's a decent chance he can fall to #11. I'm not saying it will happen, but there's a decent chance. I guess you haven't looked at the overall board yet, and not just PG's. There are a ton of players that MOST scouts have rated over Conley.

There is no chance that Conley will fall to 11. Absolutely no chance.

What has James Posey done? Come on. James Posey does all the little things necessary to win. Did you watch the Finals last year? That's the problem.. people look at Posey's stats and not how he actually plays. If only they'd do the same with Bruce Bowen. All that diving into the stands and onto the scorer's table for loose balls, the great defense he displays, the energy, etc. that's what makes him a valuable asset to this team. Not to mention he's a great 3-point shooter. Nothing spectacular, but simply a solid basketball player and excellent role player.

James Posey does 2x more for this team than Jason Kapono.

Watching Jason Kapono try and stay in front of his man gives me nightmares.

I agree with him on Posey except for saying Posey is a great three point shooter. Posey is above average, But not great like Kapono. However Posey does alot of little things and he plays great Defense.

I agree with him on Posey except for saying Posey is a great three point shooter. Posey is above average, But not great like Kapono. However Posey does alot of little things and he plays great Defense.

Posey is a great three point shooter, especially in the sense that he performs in the clutch. He's knocked down daggers many times for us in the playoffs. He is a great three point shooter.

What's not great about knocking down 214 three's for Miami in 138 total regular season games at a high percentage? (yes, 35+ is good for three point shooting). The guy went 35/83 in the playoffs for us last year. He is a great three point shooter, he just doesn't shoot them excessively. What I've noticed about Posey is that he's very patient - he tries only to shoot when he's open.

Sure, that doesn't compare with Kapono, but who in 2006-2007 did? No one. And, he's not the best three point shooter in the league. Stats are stats.

Bottom line: Jason Kapono does one thing for Miami. James Posey does a handful.

Posey is a great three point shooter, especially in the sense that he performs in the clutch. He's knocked down daggers many times for us in the playoffs. He is a great three point shooter.

What's not great about knocking down 214 three's for Miami in 138 total regular season games at a high percentage? (yes, 35+ is good for three point shooting). The guy went 35/83 in the playoffs for us last year. He is a great three point shooter, he just doesn't shoot them excessively. What I've noticed about Posey is that he's very patient - he tries only to shoot when he's open.

Sure, that doesn't compare with Kapono, but who in 2006-2007 did? No one. And, he's not the best three point shooter in the league. Stats are stats.

Bottom line: Jason Kapono does one thing for Miami. James Posey does a handful.

Posey is not a great three point shooter. He is above avereage. His career percentage is 34% and who cares what you did last year. The present is what matters not the past. This year in the playoffs he shot below 32 % and yes he does alot more thing he is not a shooter like Kapono! Jason Kapono's career three point mark is 46%!!! In the playoffs this year he shot 50% from three also. However Posey does have a more all around game than Kapono

Posey is not a great three point shooter. He is above avereage. His career percentage is 34% and who cares what you did last year. The present is what matters not the past. This year in the playoffs he shot below 32 % and yes he does alot more thing he is not a shooter like Kapono! Jason Kapono's career three point mark is 46%!!! In the playoffs this year he shot 50% from three also. However Posey does have a more all around game than Kapono

I'm thinking of a word that starts with contra.. contraband??

No, no, that's it.. CONTRADICTION.

James Posey is better than "above average" as a three point shooter. How in the hell can you talk about the playoffs? He played 4 games!!!!!!! Do you know what 4 games proves? Absolutely nothing. It can be meaningful, but to put much into it is absolutely irrelevant. In a 4-game span earlier this season, Stephon Marbury averaged like 30/8. What did that prove? lol. "Last season" is the past, but it's also the most recent tense to base things on, so once again, irrelevant statement. And again, you credit Kapono's 50% in the playoffs when he took 4 three point attempts - lolllllllll..........anyone who watched the playoffs would have recognized that Kapono was nowhere to be found, because if he's not hot, then he's (oh my favorite word) simply an irrelevant basketball player.

However, no offense, but it is clear that you don't watch many Heat games, so before Section126 comes on and does his Posey raving like I do..we should leave this one alone.
:wink:

eh.....I'm just not a big fan of Posey's. Bring Section on..lol...:)

Posey is the type of player you need to win championships. Kapono is the guy you need to sell tickets.

Posey is a must have for any championship team...every great team has a guy like him.

In our run he delivered the killer in about 4 games in the playoffs including the dagger against Detroit and the final "FU" to Dallas.

BTW guys...Ira Winderman is reporting that MO WILLIAMS wants to leave the Bucks and that he is in Miami's price range and WANTS to play here.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_williams/index.html

Adding him gives us the best back court in basketball. This would be a godsend....and I still go PG in the draft.

Seriously....MO WILLIAMS! I love his game.

Back
Top Bottom