Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

Posey is the type of player you need to win championships. Kapono is the guy you need to sell tickets.

Posey is a must have for any championship team...every great team has a guy like him.

In our run he delivered the killer in about 4 games in the playoffs including the dagger against Detroit and the final "FU" to Dallas.

BTW guys...Ira Winderman is reporting that MO WILLIAMS wants to leave the Bucks and that he is in Miami's price range and WANTS to play here.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_williams/index.html

Adding him gives us the best back court in basketball. This would be a godsend....and I still go PG in the draft.

Seriously....MO WILLIAMS! I love his game.

I'd take Parker and Ginobili over your backcourt anyday :lol:

I do think Wade/Williams > Parker/Ginobili but unfortunately our guys havent been able to stay healthy at the same time.

It's not that I think Williams is better than Parker....but Wade is light years ahead of Ginobili and a better player than Parker also.

Posey is the type of player you need to win championships. Kapono is the guy you need to sell tickets.

Posey is a must have for any championship team...every great team has a guy like him.

In our run he delivered the killer in about 4 games in the playoffs including the dagger against Detroit and the final "FU" to Dallas.

BTW guys...Ira Winderman is reporting that MO WILLIAMS wants to leave the Bucks and that he is in Miami's price range and WANTS to play here.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_williams/index.html

Adding him gives us the best back court in basketball. This would be a godsend....and I still go PG in the draft.

Seriously....MO WILLIAMS! I love his game.
that would be awesome.

New PG tidbits:

-Bucks at #6 are really looking at Conley, which would leave Mo Williams dry on the market searching for a new team.
-After a workout with the Hawks at #11, Acie Law has canceled his workout scheduled with the Hornets. Word is, the Hawks have guaranteed Law #11.
-Javaris Crittenton looks like he's going to the Clippers.
-Detroit hasn't guaranteed Stuckey #15, but he's on the top of their board.

Also, Miami would love to deal #20 for a veteran, but Pat Riley feels that there's a good chance of Thaddeus Young falling, and he absolutely loves the kid and would take him over anyone except for Law. Feels like he's in the mold of an Antwan Jamison type of player.

Thaddeus Young + Mo Williams >>> _________. (list any other possible scenarios)

I'm thinking of a word that starts with contra.. contraband??

No, no, that's it.. CONTRADICTION.

James Posey is better than "above average" as a three point shooter. How in the hell can you talk about the playoffs? He played 4 games!!!!!!! Do you know what 4 games proves? Absolutely nothing. It can be meaningful, but to put much into it is absolutely irrelevant. In a 4-game span earlier this season, Stephon Marbury averaged like 30/8. What did that prove? lol. "Last season" is the past, but it's also the most recent tense to base things on, so once again, irrelevant statement. And again, you credit Kapono's 50% in the playoffs when he took 4 three point attempts - lolllllllll..........anyone who watched the playoffs would have recognized that Kapono was nowhere to be found, because if he's not hot, then he's (oh my favorite word) simply an irrelevant basketball player.

However, no offense, but it is clear that you don't watch many Heat games, so before Section126 comes on and does his Posey raving like I do..we should leave this one alone.
:wink:

No love for Posey blinds you to actual facts!!! Jason Kapono is a great three point shooter and Posey is not. Kapono actually has plays wriiten up for him while Posey does not get a single play. Kapono shot better than 51% in the regular season or did he just take 4 shots? While Posey shot alittle better than 37% which is above average. Not great!!! Posey is a good role player, But don't think he is a scorer. Yes I whatch Heat games and from what I am reading from you it looks like I whatch alot more.

I'd rather have Posey than Kapono though.

Posey may not shoot for as a high a percent, but he does play far better defense, create some of his own shots, and make all the clutch shots.

Also Kapono had a career year, who knows if he can keep that up.

New PG tidbits:

-Bucks at #6 are really looking at Conley, which would leave Mo Williams dry on the market searching for a new team.
-After a workout with the Hawks at #11, Acie Law has canceled his workout scheduled with the Hornets. Word is, the Hawks have guaranteed Law #11.
-Javaris Crittenton looks like he's going to the Clippers.
-Detroit hasn't guaranteed Stuckey #15, but he's on the top of their board.

Also, Miami would love to deal #20 for a veteran, but Pat Riley feels that there's a good chance of Thaddeus Young falling, and he absolutely loves the kid and would take him over anyone except for Law. Feels like he's in the mold of an Antwan Jamison type of player.

Thaddeus Young + Mo Williams >>> _________. (list any other possiblescenarios)

What about impossible scenarios :lol: I love those.

Like:

Haslem + 20 pick + future draft pick + Antoine Walker for Garnett

Okay I'm done dreaming now.

I'd rather have Posey than Kapono though.

Posey may not shoot for as a high a percent, but he does play far better defense, create some of his own shots, and make all the clutch shots.

Also Kapono had a career year, who knows if he can keep that up.

I agree on all those points! I would much rather have Posey than Kapono! I love Posey's game and I was thrilled when we got him from Memphis!

trade for corey maggette!!!!!!! Hell be the perfect number three guy who can take over if shaq and wade are no-shows

Back
Top Bottom