Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

No love for Posey blinds you to actual facts!!! Jason Kapono is a great three point shooter and Posey is not. Kapono actually has plays wriiten up for him while Posey does not get a single play. Kapono shot better than 51% in the regular season or did he just take 4 shots? While Posey shot alittle better than 37% which is above average. Not great!!! Posey is a good role player, But don't think he is a scorer. Yes I whatch Heat games and from what I am reading from you it looks like I whatch alot more.

Trust me, you don't watch more Heat basketball or know more about Heat basketball than me, no offense. I am a true Heat "fanboy" if you may. If I miss a game, I try and find out exactly what the hell went down, lol. But let's just be real and stay on point here. Overall, James Posey is a better player than Jason Kapono and that was my original point. Yes, there are plays drawn up for Kapono, and that is because he is a shooter. When James Posey is out there, he's basically free lancing and doing everything that Kapono CAN'T do, while knocking down the triples as well. Asking Kapono to play defense is like asking a blind man, "do I look fat in this dress?" - and I like Jason Kapono, I really do. He's simply not worth the money he may command.

As for the "4 shots" comment, I was referring to the playoffs like you were.

But just end it, because this is irrelevant talk, bro. Posey > Kapono. We can agree on that.

Trust me, you don't watch more Heat basketball or know more about Heat basketball than me, no offense. But let's just be real and stay on point here. Overall, James Posey is a better player than Jason Kapono and that was my original point. Yes, there are plays drawn up for Kapono, and that is because he is a shooter. When James Posey is out there, he's basically free lancing and doing everything that Kapono CAN'T do, while knocking down the triples as well.

As for the "4 shots" comment, I was referring to the playoffs like you were.

But just end it, because this is irrelevant talk, bro. Posey > Kapono. Fact.

Wow if you are arguing that I think Kapono is better than Posey you need to read more of my posts.

There is no chance that Conley will fall to 11. Absolutely no chance.

Of course there is a chance. Not every GM drafts based on what the latest internet gossip is. Many who have actually watched the kid play wonder whether hes a starting PG in the NBA. Are you going to spend a top ten pick on a player if you can't convince yourself he has all star potential?

You know King I think its pretty arrogant of you to think you know more about the Heat, or basketball for that matter then other members. We all have a right to our opinion, which of course what I just said is just mine, I dont think you are any more right or wrong then Skeet is. Posey has his intangibles, but so does Kapono. Kapono is not as one demensional as you make him out to be.

You know King I think its pretty arrogant of you to think you know more about the Heat, or basketball for that matter then other members. We all have a right to our opinion, which of course what I just said is just mine, I dont think you are any more right or wrong then Skeet is. Posey has his intangibles, but so does Kapono. Kapono is not as one demensional as you make him out to be.

Read further, that was merely a come back to the comment:

"Yes I whatch Heat games and from what I am reading from you it looks like I whatch alot more."

I had to respond to that, because I know that's false. I'd hope that anyone who watches as much basketball as I do would feel the same about their knowledge. It's not arrogance at all. There are things that I know more about, and things that others know more about. For instance, although I watch a lot of Marlins games, I wouldn't enter an MLB argument with anyone who knows much about it. I take basketball to the heart. Basketball is personal to me, and it's an aspect of my life. But honestly, I don't really care what people think of me.. I pretty much say what I feel, regardless. :)

And yes, Jason Kapono is very one dimensional.

Question: Aside from shooting the basketball, what can he do?

Wow if you are arguing that I think Kapono is better than Posey you need to read more of my posts.

Edited that post before you responded replacing "fact" with:

"We can agree on that" :)

Of course there is a chance. Not every GM drafts based on what the latest internet gossip is. Many who have actually watched the kid play wonder whether hes a starting PG in the NBA. Are you going to spend a top ten pick on a player if you can't convince yourself he has all star potential?

Exactly. In fact, there are a lot of scouts who view Conley as a "spark off the bench" type. Me, personally.. I see a lot of T.J. Ford in his game. In a draft as deep as this one, would you really spend a lottery pick on someone who could develop into T.J. Ford? I don't know about that one. Teams picking in the lottery, albeit teams who traded to get there, are usually picking that high for one reason: it's a rebuilding process. Teams can afford to wait a bit longer for perhaps a bigger prize.

Like I've been saying, Acie Law is my top PG prospect in this draft.

No, But there are a couple of teams in the top 10 that if Conley falls to them they would pick him up. I highly doubt that he will be there at 11

Read further, that was merely a come back to the comment:

"Yes I whatch Heat games and from what I am reading from you it looks like I whatch alot more."

I had to respond to that, because I know that's false. I'd hope that anyone who watches as much basketball as I do would feel the same about their knowledge. It's not arrogance at all. There are things that I know more about, and things that others know more about. For instance, although I watch a lot of Marlins games, I wouldn't enter an MLB argument with anyone who knows much about it. I take basketball to the heart. Basketball is personal to me, and it's an aspect of my life. But honestly, I don't really care what people think of me.. I pretty much say what I feel, regardless. :)

And yes, Jason Kapono is very one dimensional.

Question: Aside from shooting the basketball, what can he do?

Edited that post before you responded replacing "fact" with:

"We can agree on that" :)

I only responded that way after you said you whatched more games than me and when I went to go back and look for it you edited your post. However its still in my post when I qouted you, So don't act like you never said it.

I will agree that Posey is better than Kapono, But I was only arguing that Kapono is much better offensive player (Three Pointers).

I don't like much of what Ford does but he did do a nice little writeup showing definitive "tiers" of potential draftees. The top two picks are obvious. For the next eight there are six that are assumed to be givens:

Corey Brewer
Mike Conley
Jeff Green
Al Horford
Yi Jianlian
Brandan Wright

Then you have to throw in Julian Wright, Nick Young, and Thaddeus Young as wildcards simply because of their amazing athletic ability. We all have seen GMs fall in love with a body and forget the brain. Spencer Hawes and Joakim Noah also have to be considered because of their size, and Thornton because of what he did in college.

Thats 12 players for 8 picks. Conley probably will be picked before the Hawks come calling with the 11th, but its never good to write opinion as fact. GMs get caught up in the workout game every year. A couple months ago Conley was a borderline first round pick who most expected to go back to school. Now hes one of the top ten amateurs in the world. Why? Because he jumped higher and ran faster than 70 other guys? Personally I think Conley is the best PG prospect out there except for Lawson and Mayo. But quickness only gets you so far. Three years from now he could be the next Tony Parker or Raymond Felton. Who knows.

I am the boss of the Heat bandwagon...King is the underboss...the rest of you are our henchmen.

chauncey just opted out of his contract, i say we rid ourselves of jdub and sign chauncey

Back
Top Bottom