Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

Ira Winderman reported on Sunday SPorts FInal that the Heat has contacted the SAC Kings about Artest.

They are prepared to part ways with Posey and Kapono if they can sign a Gerald Wallace.

They will stand firm on their offer to Posey and will not budge.

Thaddeus Young is priority #1 if Acie Law is not there. (Winderman says no chance of Law dropping)

I sure hope Ira isn't that clueless. "They are prepared to part ways with Posey and Kapono if they can sign a Gerald Wallace." No ****. I'm sure Wallace would happily take half the salary to play for the mighty Miami Heat. That sounds as moronic as most of the crap the fans post here.

The Thad Young thing could have some truth to it. Riley has a history of being an idiot on draft day. Hopefully some other teams will bail him out and the Heat can luck out like they did with Wade and Butler.

doesnt young play the same position as wright?

doesnt young play the same position as wright?

You mean the struggle to be the 13th and last man on the active roster?

In case you didn't know, Wright is the next Pippen...he can play any position. If the Heat drafted Young, he would be the next Marion.

I really am going to hate to see Posey leave. His defense will be tough to replace.

I sure hope Ira isn't that clueless. "They are prepared to part ways with Posey and Kapono if they can sign a Gerald Wallace." No ****. I'm sure Wallace would happily take half the salary to play for the mighty Miami Heat. That sounds as moronic as most of the crap the fans post here.

The Thad Young thing could have some truth to it. Riley has a history of being an idiot on draft day. Hopefully some other teams will bail him out and the Heat can luck out like they did with Wade and Butler.

Ira Winderman said that the Heat can give Wallace 8.5 million per year, if they do not re-sign Posey or Kapono.

I would be surprised if Wallace reaches max contract status just by looking at the market as it is now.

Who the hell is gonna give him 50 million for 4 years? the Bobcats? :sidelol:

It will be something along those lines. I'd guess 6 yrs 60 mil. You have to remember that hes still only 24 yrs old. There are guys in this upcoming draft older than him.

And the Heat cannot offer anyone anything over the 5 mil mid level exception. They do have the Bird rights to Posey so he can be resigned for more but any other FA, including Kapono, will have to be signed with a starting salary less than the value of the exception.

Back
Top Bottom