***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 178 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.. you're going to need points up in the Shoe... However, you're going to have the most talented team on the field as well...

Problem as always is, Miami is going to have to match Ohio St.'s physicality as you said...

Forston wasn't the only one being abused... I've watched the film and Josh Holmes was getting slapped around pretty bad too...

Brandon Harris' technique is virtually flawless.... what a prospect... outstanding blitzer from the slot as well..

Allen Bailey is a 3-4 end all the way... he simply doesn't have the first step, burst, or pass rush moves to be successful in a 4 man front in the NFL...(unless he kicks inside to defensive tackle)... Incredibly powerful and doesn't stay blocked... I think he's an ideal 5-technique...

Vernon? Now that kid is a what a 4-3 pass rushing 7-technique is supposed to look like...

I totally agree with you about Bailey. He'll still be a 1st rounder imo, but it won't be as a 4-3 DE. He has some serious potential as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. Vernon is a stud. He and Ojomo should be starting with Bailey playing DT to be honest.

Chickillo is announcing Thursday. He's coming to Miami. The stuff you posted from Leggett's Facebook...he was offered later that afternoon. Kid LOVES Miami.

Chickillo is announcing Thursday. He's coming to Miami. The stuff you posted from Leggett's Facebook...he was offered later that afternoon. Kid LOVES Miami.

Yea I'd be shocked if he doesn't come to Miami. Dad and grandfather both played at the U. I believe his uncle did also. Looks like we have Leggett, Brown, and Johnson locked up. Talented trio.

29686387173184519631869-1.jpg

Picture of O'Leary in FSU gear. Have an uneasy feeling about us missing out on him...

Spot analysis as usual, sir.

Guys, we have some serious concerns and I don't know what we're going to do on Saturday. We're going to have to score score score.

I am just not buying that this defense isn't ready. It's extremely cliched, but I don't think they showed anything on Thursday defensively. I think we're going to see alot of QB spying being done, not sure by who, buy my guess would be Spence would shadow Pryor. And a lot of blitzing.....A LOT OF BLITZING!!

Is it just me, or does it seem like Hankerson has added about 10 pounds of solid muscle? That dude looks GOOD! Aldarius Johnson looks in way better physical shape this year as well. I want to see what Whipple has up his sleeve this weekend. He's been preparing for this game for 7 months. So many weapons, he is just frothing at the mouth. They are going to have to be able to run the football, can't abandon it even if it's un successful in the beginning.

Spence will spy and Stephen Morris has been acting as Terrelle Pryor in practices. I'm not saying the defense isn't ready but there are some obvious issues. Ohio State WILL exploit our linebackers. Bank on that. There's no way the coaches for Ohio State are looking at film and not seeing the problems we have at linebacker. Ohio State would be foolish not to attack the middle of the field. We HAVE to force Pryor to throw the football. Our secondary is good enough to stop their wideouts and Terrelle Pryor is NOT the prototypical QB that can make the throws he needs to make. And that's why I expect the Buckeyes to utilize two tight end sets and attack the middle of the field. We HAVE to force a turnover or two and capatilize on those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spence will spy and Stephen Morris has been acting as Terrelle Pryor in practices. I'm not saying the defense isn't ready but there are some obvious issues. Ohio State WILL exploit our linebackers. Bank on that. There's no way the coaches for Ohio State are looking at film and not seeing the problems we have at linebacker. Ohio State would be foolish not to attack the middle of the field. We HAVE to force Pryor to throw the football. Our secondary is good enough to stop their wideouts and Terrelle Pryor is NOT the prototypical QB that can make the throws he needs to make. And that's why I expect the Buckeyes to utilize two tight end sets and attack the middle of the field. We HAVE to force a turnover or two and capatilize on those.

That's going to be the key. Running man and spying Spence and/or Armstrong. I have no doubt our secondary can stop the OSU WR's. Offensively we should have no problem. We win matchups across the board there.

On the offensive side of the ball, we are superior athletically. I don't even think Ohio State fans would argue that. Ohio State is gifted but when it comes down to it, they're simply the typical midwestern cornfed slow dudes. That's why protecting Jacory is EXTREMELY important in this game. Ohio State will blitz on the outside...especially early. They have to push around our offensive line and rattle Jacory a little bit to disrupt timing. After that they can afford to hang back a bit and drop a linebacker into zone coverages and look to force turnovers. But if Jacory has time, he has gotten MUCH better at checking off routes and finding the open man. Travis Benjamin could be HUGE in this game if Jacory has time to stand in the pocket and let plays develop downfield. This is why I think Seantrel needs to play A LOT on Saturday but I don't see it happening unless the Buckeyes are getting pressure off of that right side. I don't see us racking up huge amounts of yardage on the ground either. But Storm Johnson WILL play on Saturday. He may even be pn punt return duties. Travis Benjamin has NO BUSINESS returning punts. It has to be either Lamar Miller or Storm Johnson. These dudes see holes open up well before Travis Benjamin or any other wide receiver sees them. Jim Tressell LOVES to play the field position game and I hope Randy is smart enough to figure that out.

I'm hoping it's Lamar Miller on punts. In fact, I think he should get the most carries of all our backs too. We need to use his speed advantage on OSU.

Lamar's speed in the run game will be nuetralized by the physicality of Ohio State's defensive line and linebackers. If he could cut it to the outside he might break one but Lamar isn't doing much of anything in the gaps. Berry is that dude who can pound it. Luckily, we have a very deep stable and we can rotate fresh legs in and out and possibly wear down the line assuming our offensive line holds up.

I think one of the most important factors on Saturday is that we MUST score first. If we win the toss, we have to drive and put the ball in the end zone for six. **** field goals. We score on our first possession, the gameplan for Ohio State IMMEDIATELY changes because Ohio State's gameplan is to come in and play a smashmouth style of football. Ohio State and everyone else in the country KNOWS that we do not want this game to be physical. We score first, Tressell and company have no choice but to come out and try to equal that quickly. We score first and it puts a serious charge into a hungry defense to stand up and duplicate the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom