***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 179 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamar's speed in the run game will be nuetralized by the physicality of Ohio State's defensive line and linebackers. If he could cut it to the outside he might break one but Lamar isn't doing much of anything in the gaps. Berry is that dude who can pound it. Luckily, we have a very deep stable and we can rotate fresh legs in and out and possibly wear down the line assuming our offensive line holds up.

I think one of the most important factors on Saturday is that we MUST score first. If we win the toss, we have to drive and put the ball in the end zone for six. **** field goals. We score on our first possession, the gameplan for Ohio State IMMEDIATELY changes because Ohio State's gameplan is to come in and play a smashmouth style of football. Ohio State and everyone else in the country KNOWS that we do not want this game to be physical. We score first, Tressell and company have no choice but to come out and try to equal that quickly. We score first and it puts a serious charge into a hungry defense to stand up and duplicate the offense.

I said carries, what I meant was touches. It's going to be key for us to work Miller/Clements into the passing game. Storm Johnson is a very physical back, and I'm glad to see he'll be getting some carries. I agree with the rest of your post though. We can't let the OSU offense get physical with our defense. We need to put up points, which I honestly don't think is going to be a problem for us. As stated before, OSU really can't match up with our speed and height. The key to this game is going to come down to making Pryor throw the ball. We do that, and the game is ours. Our secondary is too good, and our D-Line is plain nasty, and should get some good pressure on Pryor, and hopefully force some errant throws that result in INT's. We have to run as little zone as possible though. Pryor can tear zone up. Gotta run man, and spy.

On a side note, Jeffrey Dahmer attended The Ohio State University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

In 1977, Lionel and Joyce Dahmer divorced.[6] Dahmer attended Ohio State University, but dropped out after one quarter, having failed to attend most of his classes.[7] He was drunk for the majority of the term.[8] Dahmer's father then forced him to enlist in the Army.[9] Dahmer did well at first,[10] but he was discharged after two years due to his alcoholism.[11] When the Army discharged Dahmer in 1981, it provided him with a plane ticket to anywhere in the country. Dahmer told police he could not go home to face his father, so he headed to Miami Beach, Florida, because he was "tired of the cold".[12] He spent most of his time there at a hospital, but was kicked out shortly after for drinking.[12] After coming home he continued to drink heavily, and he was arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct later in 1981.[13]

Is it bad that I am about 10x more excited for this game than the dolphins?

Is it bad that I am about 10x more excited for this game than the dolphins?
No Bro...I kind of feel you...The Dolphins have broke my heart so,so many times lately,that i have been getting jacked
up more for my college team.
It also helps that we won the title and are ranked #1.

Storm Johnson is traveling. Confirmed. Probably won't see any touches in the run game but will probably get some looks in the punt return game. Lamar Miller will get carries on Saturday.

We're ****ed at right tackle. Joel Figueroa isn't 100% and Rarry Shoker is too stupid and stubborn to play Seantrel Henderson.

I'm tailgating with Vaughn Telemaque and Damien Berry's families this Saturday. Lamar Thomas as well.

LOOK AT MEEEEEE

:up:

I'm tailgating with Vaughn Telemaque and Damien Berry's families this Saturday. Lamar Thomas as well.

LOOK AT MEEEEEE

:up:

name droppin butt hair. :lol:

got a buddy who's friends with lamar. says he's cool as hell.

There was some movement on the line today, Ohio State dropping from -9.5 down to -8 or -8.5. I even saw one spot go to -7.5. That's a joint that always tries to be on the same side as the so-called sharps, anticipating the move.

I took +10, courtesy of a friend who found it during his travels.

The logical pick is the home team in a matchup like this, with the more physical team at home. I'd be significantly more confident if the Canes were at home, and therefore able to mask potential weakness on the OL, and physical nature of the defense.

Still, this matchup doesn't scare me, not like Oklahoma 2007 or Va Tech last year. Those teams were nightmare matchups for a fragile team. This Canes team is decidedly more legit. If Regis and Porter indeed bolster the DT position my biggest worry may be overblown.

Stay away from sideways finesse plays. They are ultra masochistic in a matchup like this one. Whipple should literally leave them at home. Those plays will be blown up, leading to fan and team frenzy. They'll already be jacked up beyond description early in the game, determined to verify 2002 as legit. We'll lose the energy early. That's the safest prediction.

For Miami to win I think Benjamin has to stun the Buckeyes downfield, like the FSU and Clemson games last year. He was all but concealed last week. I wouldn't be shocked if we try to jolt them early.

There was some movement on the line today, Ohio State dropping from -9.5 down to -8 or -8.5. I even saw one spot go to -7.5. That's a joint that always tries to be on the same side as the so-called sharps, anticipating the move.

I took +10, courtesy of a friend who found it during his travels.

The logical pick is the home team in a matchup like this, with the more physical team at home. I'd be significantly more confident if the Canes were at home, and therefore able to mask potential weakness on the OL, and physical nature of the defense.

Still, this matchup doesn't scare me, not like Oklahoma 2007 or Va Tech last year. Those teams were nightmare matchups for a fragile team. This Canes team is decidedly more legit. If Regis and Porter indeed bolster the DT position my biggest worry may be overblown.

Stay away from sideways finesse plays. They are ultra masochistic in a matchup like this one. Whipple should literally leave them at home. Those plays will be blown up, leading to fan and team frenzy. They'll already be jacked up beyond description early in the game, determined to verify 2002 as legit. We'll lose the energy early. That's the safest prediction.

For Miami to win I think Benjamin has to stun the Buckeyes downfield, like the FSU and Clemson games last year. He was all but concealed last week. I wouldn't be shocked if we try to jolt them early.

Look for some trick plays in this game. I don't know what they are but I was told "you'll know it when you see it" lol. I guess that goes without saying.

Got to use some form of trickery on the road I would think. Do not like the weather report, 60% chance of showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom