***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 205 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Zook = Randy Shannon

Helluva recruitor, below average coach.

Fire Mark Whipple while we're at it. Was he trying to outdo Dan Henning at calling ridiculous plays at ridiculous times?

Fire Mark Whipple while we're at it. Was he trying to outdo Dan Henning at calling ridiculous plays at ridiculous times?

Play action on 3rd and forever...

Sounds like a clone of Henning..

Why did they wait so long to put Coop?

Berry is good but Cooper is dynamic..

It absolutely DISGUSTS me to see what the Canes have become.

I remember a day, not all that long ago, where 10 wins were EXPECTED. If you were the coach you BEST have them in that position, and DAMN sure better have them playing in a New Year's Day bowl game in the WORST CASE SCENARIO. A BCS was the norm, not the exception.

Keep this in mind.. Larry Coker won a National Title and came an eyelash away from winning a second. He lost 15 games total in six years.. To put this in perspective, Randy Shannon has already notched 19 losses in less than four full years, and had 17 after three.

Under Shannon, 9-4 is considered a highlight season??? Have the standards been lowered so severely in Miami that a 9-4 record is considered good enough? To me, that is completely unacceptable.

On top of things, look at all the players who have transferred out because of conflicts with Shannon.

The swagger is gone.. And sadly, it seems like the overall mentality has changed at UM, and not for the better.

Want to know the current mentality of Randy Shannon? In his interview with Joe Rose, Shannon was asked "Coach, will it be a disappointment if you don't win the ACC Coastal division"?

Shannon's answer? "No, it will be a disappointment but not a big one."

Are you friggin kidding me???? Not a big one? Lemme tell you, Howard, Jimmy Johnson and the coaches who followed would have scorched the earth with their own flesh rather than finish second in ANYTHING, let alone the ACC Coastal.

Can I also make mention that Shannon is 0-3 against North Carolina, 0-3 against Virginia Tech, 0-2 against North Carolina State, and 1-2 against Georgia Tech.

There's WAY too much complacency.. When you can't beat teams Miami traditionally kicks the crap out of, it's time to wake up and realize that change is needed.

The Canes need to bring the swagger back.. Start that swagger reform by booting Randy Shannon's behind out of the coaching seat and bring someone in here who will restore the roar. This program's too high profile to settle for 9-4 in a good year.

He beat VA Tech once.......other than that spot on on the post. I was a huge Randy defender and argued with guys like Cedarphin and JCane all day about giving him a chance.....that team saturday night looked as un inspired as they did during the 48-0 beatdown virginia put on them in the final game of the OB. And that all falls on Randy. Dude seems like a great guy, but he is in so far over his head it's comical right now.

I want Tommy Tubberville in Miami next year.....hell make another run at Greg Schiano. Force him to say no again, because I don't know that he would.

I am sick and tired of watching terrible sub par football.

And I loved the Whipple hire, but that guy seems like he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do on offense.

He beat VA Tech once.......other than that spot on on the post. I was a huge Randy defender and argued with guys like Cedarphin and JCane all day about giving him a chance.....that team saturday night looked as un inspired as they did during the 48-0 beatdown virginia put on them in the final game of the OB. And that all falls on Randy. Dude seems like a great guy, but he is in so far over his head it's comical right now.

I gave him more than ample opportunity. If you see my past, I am the biggest preacher of patience, yet I've reached my limit with Shannon too. It is a shame, because he is a HELL of a nice guy, and bleeds green and orange as much as anyone. However, as you said, he's in over his head. I also truly believe the post that called him Ron Zook. That's a pretty good assessment.. Shannon can recruit for days, it's just too bad he can't lead, inspire and coach for them.

Hell Chris, losing is one thing... It happens to the best teams, one night your the bat, the other you're the ball. However, what I see is an uninspired team that's going through the motions.. What I saw Saturday in the FSU game was a team that flat out didn't give a rat's ***. I've never seen a more uninspired performance in my life, and I've witnessed some outright rough losses in my time as a Canes fan. This one far and away took the cake... And it was against FLORIDA STATE for God's Sake. If you can't inspire your team to rise up and give it 500 percent against your arch rival, it's time to go.

On top of things, this team not only has fallen well below Florida in the state's college football pecking order, and is quickly falling behind the Noles, they're slipping in to South Florida territory. It's time to start over, and return to the days where the U was the top dog in college football, the school EVERYONE wanted to go to... the school where five star players were willing to be BACKUPS to be part of the experience. Under Shannon, those days are gone.

"Bring the swagger back! Bring the swagger back!" Listen... Hurricane fans.. that's part of the problem right there... I'm gonna slap the **** out of the next person that I hear that from...

Nobody in college football gives a **** about Miami's "swagger"... Miami doesn't need their "swagger" back... what they need is some kids that are WILLING to tackle, block, throw, and catch the football every week better than the team they're playing against...and a coach that knows what he's doing... PERIOD. That's how you become a good football team.... not by jumping around, poking your chest out, stomping on other team's logos at midfield before receiving beatdowns, or getting off the plane wearing fatigues, etc...

The problem is that these kids bought into this "swagger" myth too... they think they can live off the reputation of past Miami teams, and many of the great Canes from years past don't help the issue either...

"Swagger" isn't brought in by ANYBODY... it doesn't happen that way.

"Swagger" is GIVEN to you by other teams.. by other programs... through their FEAR of playing you. Flapping your gums, jumping around like an idiot after routine plays, and stomping on logos doesn't scare anybody... they're just going to get pissed off and kick your ***...

When you go out there every week and PHYSICALLY pound the hell out of your opponent and make them quit by the 4th quarter, that's how you instill FEAR... you do it by blocking, tackling, catching, and throwing the football better than the other team... and out coaching them.

The only way to achieve this level of execution and style of play is... you have to be willing to pay the price.... each and every kid has to be willing to pay the price. Wearing Michael Irvin or Warren Sapp's number and thinking you're suddenly scaring people doesn't cut it...

and if I remember correctly, you guys were ecstatic to hire Whipple as your OC.

Whipple is a GREAT offensive mind. The problem with Whipple is Jacory. We continue to recruit these kids out of high school who are accustomed to playing in spread offenses in high school and then Shannon wants to convert them to pro style QB's. Not going to work.

Made this GIF this morning.

2w33pz7-1.gif

"Bring the swagger back! Bring the swagger back!" Listen... Hurricane fans.. that's part of the problem right there... I'm gonna slap the **** out of the next person that I hear that from...

Nobody in college football gives a **** about Miami's "swagger"... Miami doesn't need their "swagger" back... what they need is some kids that are WILLING to tackle, block, throw, and catch the football every week better than the team they're playing against...and a coach that knows what he's doing... PERIOD. That's how you become a good football team.... not by jumping around, poking your chest out, stomping on other team's logos at midfield before receiving beatdowns, or getting off the plane wearing fatigues, etc...

The problem is that these kids bought into this "swagger" myth too... they think they can live off the reputation of past Miami teams, and many of the great Canes from years past don't help the issue either...

"Swagger" isn't brought in by ANYBODY... it doesn't happen that way.

"Swagger" is GIVEN to you by other teams.. by other programs... through their FEAR of playing you. Flapping your gums, jumping around like an idiot after routine plays, and stomping on logos doesn't scare anybody... they're just going to get pissed off and kick your ***...

When you go out there every week and PHYSICALLY pound the hell out of your opponent and make them quit by the 4th quarter, that's how you instill FEAR... you do it by blocking, tackling, catching, and throwing the football better than the other team... and out coaching them.

The only way to achieve this level of execution and style of play is... you have to be willing to pay the price.... each and every kid has to be willing to pay the price. Wearing Michael Irvin or Warren Sapp's number and thinking you're suddenly scaring people doesn't cut it...

That my friends,...is how you bring a post.
That post has "swagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom