***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 207 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. They need to get a QB who's worth his salt in a pro style offense. Myself, I'd recruit somewhere in CA, as it seems most of the HS's around here run a fairly pro-style offense. There are the occasional ones that run the option exclusively, but for the most part, you can find a kid here that will do a PS offense. Ditto for Texas, ditto for PA, etc.

This once again shows Shantard's incompetence of roster management. If he wants to run the pro-style offense, then recruit a QB that plays a pro-style offense. Let kids like Harris and Bridgewater go to Oregon, Texas Tech, or Hawaii. OR, if you want a QB that plays that, then find somebody who will set up that type of offense. We had guys that ran that type of offense like Cook, but he got run off for whatever reason. Shannon's a jackass. I've been saying it since 2007. He's in over his head.

I hope to god this idiot is fired soon.

Believe me, there's a lot of tension in the AD right now. A lot. I really believe that Shannon is going to have to get to BCS game and WIN in order to stick around for another season. The midget troll can't protect him much longer. Hocutt will have to step up and be a player.

I laugh at that post though, because when Shantard was hired, you had all of these people claiming that he was "locking down the State of Miami". Well, obviously he hasn't done that.

And yeah, I got called a "racist" by more than a few people because I said I didn't like Shantard the coach. I don't care what color the guy is, as long as he wins. Obviously, he doesn't have what it takes, and should be replaced.

People have crushed me because I've labeled Shannon an average recruiter at best. Proof is there man. People think that Shannon is a great recruiter because he brought in that 2008 recruiting class.

Serious question...how good is that 2008 recruiting class. The big four....Harris, Johnson, Forston, and Spence. Of the four, on Spence appears to be the consistent real deal and we're DAMN LUCKY to have Spence on the field due to Randy's height requirement nonsense (same for Brandon Harris as well). Forston is hit or miss. Harris has been a scrub and regressed each season. And Johnson is all but forgotten; probably the fourth best receiver on this team behind Hankerson, Byrd, and Benjamin.

Did somebody start a fire Randy Shannon website yet? If not, what are they waiting for...the guy sucks ***!

People have crushed me because I've labeled Shannon an average recruiter at best. Proof is there man. People think that Shannon is a great recruiter because he brought in that 2008 recruiting class.

Serious question...how good is that 2008 recruiting class. The big four....Harris, Johnson, Forston, and Spence. Of the four, on Spence appears to be the consistent real deal and we're DAMN LUCKY to have Spence on the field due to Randy's height requirement nonsense (same for Brandon Harris as well). Forston is hit or miss. Harris has been a scrub and regressed each season. And Johnson is all but forgotten; probably the fourth best receiver on this team behind Hankerson, Byrd, and Benjamin.

Remember when they said that was the class that was going to lead us back to dominance? Just goes to show you that you don't go along with what recruiting rankings have to say. Of course, USC and Texass manage to pull in great classes and those players turn out fine, ditto for Florida. I think it's more coaching/player development than stars.

It's absolutely more about player development than stars. What if Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll had gotten ahold of our 2008 recruiting class? Shannon had one great recruiting class and blew it.

Exactly. They bring in good classes and do something with those players. They'll also do more with less on occasion too. Look at what Meyer did at Utah, which is nothing short of amazing. Patterson at TCU is another guy like this too. Sure, they're surrounded by a ****ty conference, but they have proven to be able to sit at the adults' table as well.

You're right. Give Carroll or Meyer our 2008 class, and they'll work wonders with it. Shantard's being an idiot just like Coker was. If you've got a QB who plays well out of the gun (such as Berlin in 03-04), then you tailor your offense around those strengths. The QB is the centerpiece of the offense and is really going to dictate how the game goes. If you don't set your offense around your QB's strengths/weaknesses, then you're ****ed badly.

Shantard's problem has always been that he's constantly tried to fit square pegs into round holes, which just doesn't work.

And shannon is the biggest of the square pegs. I think they lose 2 more games minimum, 3-4 is more likely, and he's out. Was there ever any confirmation regarding shannon's buyout being favorable for the university?

The buyout is very favorable for the University. They contract was setup to where during the extension years, the less years Shannon coached the new favorable the buyout was to the University and vice versa. So with this being the first year of the extension, the buyout will be very favorable.

Thanks for the info. Any truth to the internet rumors circulating that Latwan Anderson is leaving Miami?

We are averaging 4.5 yards per play against ****ing Duke. :bobdole:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom